Diablo® III

Sooo...Barbs forgot how to dual weild?

I dont feel like a completed barbarian without holding Two handed weapons in each hand.

My enchantress can only hold one two handed sword, yet the barbarian is crippled enough to be just as weak.

Never thought about that. Lol'd hard.

Game sucks.
Reply Quote
I use a Barb and making Barb use two handed weapons would be nice. A suggestion would be to make it 1st a passive skills so that the Barb would be able to dual wield two handed weapons and 2nd is to make the two handed weapons have a reduced damage of 10-20% for balancing purposes. =) just a suggestion...
Edited by Cheezified#1391 on 1/29/2013 12:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
as usual peoiple not reading a thin g what people say. OP has said several times that he is not looking for this to be a buff but wants it to be balanced by blizz, and yet the same old morons saying that dual weilding skorns would somehow be op.
Reply Quote
Personally, I feel that since Barbs get their own class of weapon (mighty weapons) they should have been built to give the feel of dual-wielding 2H's without the actual OP-ness of that actually being possible. IE, they should have better than average stats that are specifically geared to barbs, but in practice be no more OP than any other well-statted item for a different class.

And this is a fail for blizz. Other than a couple I may have used for leveling, mighty weapons are almost all vendor trash. They don't roll any better than any other yellow and I've never sought one out on purpose.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 12:52 AMPosted by Picard
Pretty sure you wrote an "I quit" post last week.

Yup, found it:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708951520

Go quit and move on with life. Stop trolling the D3 forums.

lol!!! total pwnage

And thus OP got nailed to the ground and the players lived happily ever after.

The End.
Reply Quote
Dual wielding two two handers was acually possible before the last patch but it was an exploit. A barb I used to roll with did it and he said he felt like a god. OP knows what he is talking about though...bring back the fun with dual wield two handers. Gris gris moppet out!
Reply Quote

lol!!! total pwnage

The End.

hahhha....dude, leavea already. /thread
Reply Quote
This WD is still dual wielding his 2 handers.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/zpyd-3946/hero/17905399
Reply Quote
mighty weapons-mighty weapons-MIGHTY WEAPONS.

Mighty weapons aren't big swords you may say....bull. Look up Blade of the warlord, Bul-Kathos's Solemn Vow and Bul-Kathos's Warrior Blood. Why is this even brought up, no other class can wield these massive weapons and you want more. How about a post that says mighty weapons are the equivalent in D3 from a blue. But wait that won't suffice, people want OP builds or why else even bring this up. We got a giant buff to two handed weapons because you guessed it we can't have an offhand. So you get 3 options - (mighty weapon+shield) (2 mighty weapons) (a 2 handed weapon).
Reply Quote
A simpler solution would simply be to make Mighty Weapons much bigger and rework their weapon master passive.
Reply Quote
You guys are acting like complete morons.

OP has a great point. Barbs are supposed to dual wield, and that's it.

Dual wielding barbs are as obvious as sorcs casting spells.

Barbs with no dual wield is like a sorc with no spells.
Reply Quote
You guys are acting like complete morons.

OP has a great point. Barbs are supposed to dual wield, and that's it.

Dual wielding barbs are as obvious as sorcs casting spells.

Barbs with no dual wield is like a sorc with no spells.

The stupid is strong with this one, leave before you contaminate the rest of the class.
Your post is not constructive or informative.
Just for giggles though where did anyone post to remove dual wielding?
Edited by BloodyZypher#1709 on 1/29/2013 3:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
The stupid is strong with this one, leave before you contaminate the rest of the class.
Your post is not constructive or informative.

So is your post, so kindly S T F U kid.

Barbs are supposed to dual wield. It's not about balance, it's about consistency and fun.

All your underdeveloped child brain can do is "blah blah IMBA blah blah OP blah blah".

If it worked in D2 it can work in D3. If Blizz can't do it it just means they've lost the talent.

So, again, G T F O.
Edited by Cthulhu#1172 on 1/29/2013 3:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
In the last 20 years Barbarians forgot how to dual wield Two Handed weapons?

Whats the deal?

I've been thinking about this since may 15th 2012.

Mighty Weapons don't give the same feeling as dual wielding two 2 handed weapons.

Blizzard, I love you, i really do, but I dont feel like a completed barbarian without holding Two handed weapons in each hand.

My enchantress can only hold one two handed sword, yet the barbarian is crippled enough to be just as weak.

I wouldn't mind the same Debuff as in Diablo 2 with the reduced damage with the offhand, just please for the love of God let me hold two 2 handed weapons.

If you're a Barbarian Lover you will agree with this.

Even if your a Warrior Lover from World of Warcraft, you will agree with this as well.

I wish i could like my own post.

• Edit

I'm not saying "buff the barbarian" thats not my goal.

My goal is to raise support for a Barbarian to actually Dual Wield Two handed weapons, in diablo 2 , the off hand damage was reduced considerably.

an example of this is shown here

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/Hanshotfirst-Pics/Screenshot1030.jpg

http://www.darkestofangels.com/wp-content/uploads/wm-media/darkest-of-angels/gallery/videos/spotlight/spotlight-barbarian/barbarian-spotlight-1.jpg

How is this strong as hell hero, not able to hold two of what a normal man could not?

• Edit#2

This is a video of a Frenzy Barbarian in Diablo 2, and it shows him using two 2 handed weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krKu-2TD83g

• Edit#3

We actually have some constructive people in this thread, hurrrayyy. Some very nice suggestions actually.

DOWNFALL- actually suggested to lower the attack speed of the off hand two handed weapon, which is a step toward balancing it.

A few other knowledgeable people having rather nice input are as follows.

Stalkerous

Japhasca

TheSaint

n0rain

Midnite

Info; The thread seems to kick off on page 3.

• I love it when OP's say the opinions of any one who disagrees with them is invalid just because they disagree with them... AKA head-up-one's-own-backside syndrome. Barbs are fine as they are. Blizzard shouldn't give them a huge advantage in itemization (it's not just about the damage, it's about the extra stat allocation) just because you want a new aesthetic option.

Unfortunately this is just a game design mechanic and we have to suspend disbelief. Yeah, it's not great, but it happens. ALL THE TIME.

D&D 2e, most non-human races couldn't play certain classes and could only reach low levels in the majority of others. In 3e they are all basically equal to humans.

Meteor/Comet was a black magic spell in FF 4 and a time magic spell in FFT.

Hurt in DQ was replaced with fire-typed firebolt in DQ2, but they're the same spell.

Mario & company forgot how to power jump after SMB2/doki doki panic until Luigi remembered how in Super Paper Mario. Additionally, SMRPG repeatedly refers to Mario as the best jumper in the land, but in SMB2/ddp, SMB2/tll, and Super Paper Mario, Luigi is a better jumper.

Cure4/Curaja appears and disappears between FF games.

Breath of Fire 1, 2, and especially 3 have different dragon mechanics despite them existing in the same world and the main character in each essentially being a reincarnation of the same guy. (BTW 1&2's maps are very similar and 3's mural directly references those games.)

A minority of Metroid games explain why Samus starts without the upgrades of the previous game. The rest just make it happen without reason.

Alucard can gain levels in C:SOTN while he can't in C3, and in fact no one can prior to C:SOTN. A Belmont can in nearly every game after that point, but in most of C1-C4 plus the gameboy games the main character not only doesn't get stronger as the game progresses, he/she actually takes more damage per hit as the game progresses.

Should I continue?

This is the only person that should be listened to in this thread. Stuff happens, get over it, OP. Asking how barbs lost the ability to dw two handers is like asking why our characters our super powerful nephalem but have to be leveled to gain abilities.

Also, this:

lol!!! total pwnage

The End.

OP, please just go away forever and infect a different forum with your idiocy. And all those who supported him please keep clutching his butt cheeks (with your mouths placed firmly between them as they are now) as the door hits him squarely in said fat deposits so that maybe you will have some sense knocked into you.
    Edited by Scorch#1428 on 1/29/2013 3:30 AM PST
    Reply Quote

Barbs are supposed to dual wield. It's not about balance, it's about consistency and fun.

All your underdeveloped child brain can do is "blah blah IMBA blah blah OP blah blah".

If it worked in D2 it can work in D3. If Blizz can't do it it just means they've lost the talent.

So, again, G T F O.

Ha, that was a good laugh. Can you even read son or are you a little dense? What is a mighty weapon if not D3's equivalent to D2's two hand weapon in one hand?
    Reply Quote

So, again, G T F O.

Ha, that was a good laugh. Can you even read son or are you a little dense? What is a mighty weapon if not D3's equivalent to D2's two hand weapon in one hand?

All two-handers should be dual-wielded just like in D2. Not just "mighty weapons".

Got it?
    Reply Quote
    Your logic is flawed.
    Why would Blizzard change Diablo 3 to incorporate a feature that is already in the game. You don't like the mighty weapon models, tough luck butter cup. Now new mighty weapons would be nice tbh.
    Reply Quote
    Can I haz Skorn and an offhand great weapon? :)
    Reply Quote
    Can I haz Skorn and an offhand great weapon? :)

Sigh...........................................................................................................................................................the box it says no.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]