Diablo® III

Sooo...Barbs forgot how to dual weild?

Your logic is flawed.
Why would Blizzard change Diablo 3 to incorporate a feature that is already in the game. You don't like the mighty weapon models, tough luck butter cup. Now new mighty weapons would be nice tbh.

My logic is flawed? WTF are you talking about?

I can't dual wield ALL two-handers, so the feature is not in the game.

You're either really high on weed or just don't know what you're talking about.

Seeing as how you equipped your DH with barbarian gear, i vote the latter.

Hell, i dont even play the game anymore, but seeing all you edgy-internet-tough-guys bash the OP who has a good point- i had to reply.
Edited by Cthulhu#1172 on 1/29/2013 3:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
My logic is flawed? WTF are you talking about?

I can't dual wield ALL two-handers, so the feature is not in the game.

You're either really high on weed or just don't know what you're talking about.

Seeing as how you equipped your DH with barbarian gear, i vote the latter.

Hell, i dont even play the game anymore, but seeing all you edgy-internet-tough-guys bash the OP who has a good point- i had to reply.

Ah this one with his jokes. Good point? It's horrible and a waste of resources.

By the way what mp does your dh run on? I don't die on mp 5-6 with that gear and you wanna talk smack.

Back on point though you have mighty weapons so why do you need dual wielding 2 handed swords? The answer you don't, but you people want to cry and complain to add things instead of actually fixing the game. We still have bugs from day 1 that aren't fixed and you want new useless features.
Edited by BloodyZypher#1709 on 1/29/2013 4:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
The game lost like 90% of it's playerbase, Blizzard should start worrying about adding cool, fun things to make the game more attractive(PvP is a good start).

Like i said, i dont play anymore, i consider the game dead. Im checking the forums from time to time to see if something's new.
And seeing fun ideas being stomped by kids yelling "imba" is making me rage.

Either way, i'm back to SC2.
Edited by Cthulhu#1172 on 1/29/2013 4:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sorry guys, haven't been on in a bit.

I'm actually excited to see this thread getting a lot of great feedback.

Even if some of it is negative, its great to see people voicing their opinions about the barbarian, as it is my all time favorite class of the Diablo series.

If you are voicing your own "opinion" though, be sure to back your statements up with facts, and plausible reasons as to why you think the Barbarian should/shouldn't be able to dual wield two handed weapons.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 09:04 PMPosted by Veda
There is a reason why it is call: 2 handed weapon.

Yeah, for weak people who cannot handle them with one hand!
Reply Quote
Meh. At least Barbarians actually have mighty weapons, so they can at least mimic being a barbarian holding two large weapons. And they also get to equip huge two-handed weapons.

Compare to the wizard. We have been completely screwed. In D2 Sorc was all about the elemental builds. In D3 there is only one viable element, arcane, and it is so boring.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 1/31/2013 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
It really wouldn't be a buff in any way if it's balanced. And not all two handed weapons would automatically be able to be dual wielded. Obviously most of you complaining about his suggestion never played D2 because the only two handed weapons able to be dual wielded were swords. You couldn't dual wield 2h axes,mauls,or polearms. So yes,the only character who's primary stat is STRENGTH should be stronger (physically speaking not more powerful so chill before you say anything) than the other classes. I know there's people thinking "well why do the barbs get an extra perk and no one else?". Maybe you didn't think if this was ever implemented they'd give each other class something. I don't know,dh would get a speed boost,wizard a boost to elemental damage or resist, monks ias,wd mana regen...all ideas off the top of my head so don't post those are the worst ideas ever or this or that,just a quick thought. I really don't think allowing barbs to carry 2 2h swords would be that huge of a game changer.
Reply Quote
Indeed I would like to see this feature, 2hand dual-wield is the barbarian way.

And to the ones saying bla bla bla about weapons being heavy or any other troll comment, read this from blizzard itself.

"The trials begin with childhood; skinning ferocious beasts, climbing windswept cliffs and carrying weapons heavy enough to make a southern soldier weep. Is it any wonder that they never give ground?" —Sir Aric of Duncraig
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
i kinda like it. just have it so you use 2 mighty weapon 2h'rs (so you can get a skorn)
Reply Quote
Anybody that cries about Barbarian being OP is being selfish in my opinion, I agree that some of the skills need changing about Barbarians, but I would like to see them dual wield two-two handed weapons again!
Reply Quote
n the last 20 years Barbarians forgot how to dual wield Two Handed weapons?

Whats the deal?

I've been thinking about this since may 15th 2012.

Mighty Weapons don't give the same feeling as dual wielding two 2 handed weapons.

Blizzard, I love you, i really do, but I dont feel like a completed barbarian without holding Two handed weapons in each hand.

My enchantress can only hold one two handed sword, yet the barbarian is crippled enough to be just as weak.

I wouldn't mind the same Debuff as in Diablo 2 with the reduced damage with the offhand, just please for the love of God let me hold two 2 handed weapons.

If you're a Barbarian Lover you will agree with this.

Even if your a Warrior Lover from World of Warcraft, you will agree with this as well.

I wish i could like my own post.

Edit

I'm not saying "buff the barbarian" thats not my goal.

My goal is to raise support for a Barbarian to actually Dual Wield Two handed weapons, in diablo 2 , the off hand damage was reduced considerably.

an example of this is shown here

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/Hanshotfirst-Pics/Screenshot1030.jpg

http://www.darkestofangels.com/wp-content/uploads/wm-media/darkest-of-angels/gallery/videos/spotlight/spotlight-barbarian/barbarian-spotlight-1.jpg

How is this strong as hell hero, not able to hold two of what a normal man could not?

Edit#2

This is a video of a Frenzy Barbarian in Diablo 2, and it shows him using two 2 handed weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krKu-2TD83g

Edit#3

We actually have some constructive people in this thread, hurrrayyy. Some very nice suggestions actually.

DOWNFALL- actually suggested to lower the attack speed of the off hand two handed weapon, which is a step toward balancing it.

A few other knowledgeable people having rather nice input are as follows.

-Stalkerous
-Japhasca
-TheSaint
-n0rain
-Midnite
-Exile
-Rufusjwb
-Rabidpeanut
-Cthulhu

Info; The thread seems to kick off on page 3.

they didnt forget, blizz just didnt want to make the extra stats for barbs only, i feel like thats the reason the got rid of the zons and assassins
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Take a barb now with a skorn, 6% life steal 300 strength 200% crit damage + 100% crit damage socket. nerfed damage on the off hand wouldnt mean anything with 600% crit damage 12% life steal and 600 strength.
Reply Quote
I do not see any problem with it if it only gives the stats.

Take a barb now with a skorn, 6% life steal 300 strength 200% crit damage + 100% crit damage socket. nerfed damage on the off hand wouldn't mean anything with 600% crit damage 12% life steal and 600 strength.

You cant wear the same legendary twice sweetheart
Edited by InterQc#1251 on 1/29/2013 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 09:37 AMPosted by LexInterQc
You cant wear the same legendary twice sweetheart

Also if the 2hand DW make it back to d3, it will obviously have some monster debuff to make things even and do not be overpowered, we want the visual dude, we dont want a !@#$ing buff, we barbarians do not cry like the rest of you.

edit: typo
Edited by ImJon#1402 on 1/29/2013 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
Also if the 2hand DW make it back to d3, it will obviously will have some monster debuff to make things easier, we want the visual dude, we dont want a !@#$ing buff, we barbarians do not cry like the rest of you.

I clear mp10 ubbers and you are saying i am crying?
I did not demad any buff. But it would be interesting to get something different than just the look.
Reply Quote
The mechanics of this game cannot allow for dual wielding 2handed weapons.
DPS is measured far too much on stats, such as crit dmg.

I only play barbarian, and I ONLY play hardcore. I use Skorn. If I can dual wield that I would be just plain invincible.
Even if just for the visual..you'd have to at the least halve the stats and dps on every single 2handed weapon.

No no no. It just doesn't work. 2handers in their current form are supposed to be very slow yet very hard hitting. To be able to dw 2h the game would require a complete overhaul of 2handed weapons. Including wiping out every existing one.
Reply Quote
with the departure of Jay Wilson we can expect some changes in our "barbarian way", but to worst.. =/
Reply Quote

I only play barbarian, and I ONLY play hardcore. I use Skorn. If I can dual wield that I would be just plain invincible.

We wish we could do that, but cant equip two legs of the same kind unless it's legacy / non-legacy (still there's no legacy skorns), but i got ur point, would be awesome!!haha

And only play HC? Jeez!!..
Edited by SEP#1111 on 1/29/2013 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
Here's a proposal. Even if Blizzard were to allow Dual Wielding 2-handed Weapons (which I doubt they will unless released in an expansion), maybe do something like this.

Grant a passive ability that "Allows the use of 2-handed Swords to be equipped in each hand. All statistics and damage on these weapons is reduced to 60% with your main hand weapon and 40% with your off hand weapon (not including socketed gems)."

Let's say that we put this into action. I randomly selected two 2-handed swords from the Auction House.

The first (main hand) has an overall DPS rating of 1265.1 with 235 str, 257 int, 5.80% Life Steal and 1 Socket.

The Second (off hand) has an overall DPS rating of 1164.8 with 121 str, 184 vit, 160% Crit Damage, 4.80% Life Steal and 1 Socket.

Looking at the main hand weapon first, if you were to take 60% of all the listed values, the stats granted to you would look like this: 759.06 DPS, 141 str, 154 int, 3.48% Life Steal, and 1 socket.

Looking at the off hand weapon, if you were to take 40% of all the listed values, the stats granted to you would look like this: 465.9 DPS, 48 str, 74 vit, 64% Crit Damage, 1.92% Life Steal, and 1 socket.

If you were to look at both items as a whole following this system, the stats granted to you would look like this: 1224.96 DPS, 189 Str, 154 Int, 74 Vit, 64% Crit Damage, 5.40% Life Steal, 2 Sockets.

Add in the normal bonuses for dual wielding, and make some tweaks to the above proposal, and I would say that it can be balanced fairly easily without having to do a complete overhaul of two handed weapons. Would it need tweaking? Of course! But making this happen isn't as extreme as most of the negative comments in this thread are making it out to be.

TL;DR Allow swords only. Add a passive that grants 60% dps and stat contribution from main hand, and 40% dps and stat contribution from offhand while maintaining the full benefit of sockets. You have to give up a passive to do it as well so you'll be missing out on other beneficial passives whether it is damage or mitigation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]