Diablo® III

Sooo...Barbs forgot how to dual weild?

What I noticed about watching that video was how easy it was to move around. You actually ran instead or moving in slow motion with 24% movement speed.
Reply Quote
I dont see why they couldnt introduce a passive for it. Equip 2 handers although you will suffer some sort of decrease to keep it on par with single dual wield. Similar to what they have in wow.

Every game blizz has released has allowed barbs to dual wield 2 handers in some sort of way so i see where the OP is coming from

if by "every game" you mean just Diablo 2.

when i say barbs i obv mean warriors aswell

some dim wit was always going to say it
Reply Quote

if by "every game" you mean just Diablo 2.

D1 had warriors. no dual wield at all. WoW a lot of classes can dual wield, but none can dual wield 2h weps. the rest of their notable games are RTS.
Reply Quote

D1 had warriors. no dual wield at all. WoW a lot of classes can dual wield, but none can dual wield 2h weps. the rest of their notable games are RTS.

warriors in wow can dual wield 2 handers.............
Reply Quote

well pardon me for not having played wow for years.
Reply Quote

im not the one who asked you to question me rofl
Reply Quote

it still doesnt help your point though. when your only other example is wow, youre already in trouble.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/28/2013 05:22 AMPosted by Keltest
it still doesnt help your point though. when your only other example is wow, youre already in trouble.

Still don't understand you're reason Barbarians Shouldn't have two handed weapons in each Hand.

Whats a viable reason that you can come up with, that they shouldn't be able to dual wield them?
Reply Quote
In the last 20 years Barbarians forgot how to dual wield Two Handed weapons?

Whats the deal?

Mighty weapons are the replacement option.
This was deliberately done for balance.

Blizzard could have all barbarian wielding Two-Handed weapons if they wanted but then all of your damage powers and runes would need to be cut by nearly 50% to maintain balance.

You can't simply have an enormous buff to the class whose already balanced with other classes in the game just because it was that way before. There would have to be significant trade-offs to compensate.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 05:29 AMPosted by Shékinah

Still don't understand you're reason Barbarians Shouldn't have two handed weapons in each Hand.

Whats a viable reason that you can come up with, that they shouldn't be able to dual wield them?

because its completely unrealistic. Demon Hunters shouldnt be able to dual-wield bows or crossbows, monks shouldnt be able to dial wield diabos. you need two hands to use them properly. period.

plus, the way damage is calculated, 2h weps roll most things higher than 1h weps specifically BECAUSE you cant dual wield them or use them with an offhand. you would have to cripple 2h weps for everyone else to make this change, even if you completely ignore the stupidity of a barb running around with a pair of massive tree trunks.
Reply Quote
have you ever tried to actually, you know, hit something with a giant tree branch that you pick up and swing with one hand?

yeah, i thought so.

thats why barbs dont dual-wield 2h weps anymore. there arent any bastard swords.

barbs aren't exactly your average joe. i big person irl would be able to swing a giant branch with one hand. A barb's leg is bigger than a wizzard/witch doctor... yet, they're given the same 2h limitations as those frail casters.

d2?
Edited by Midnite#1777 on 1/28/2013 5:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 05:35 AMPosted by Midnite
barbs aren't exactly your average joe. i big person irl would be able to swing a giant branch with one hand. A barb's leg is bigger than a wizzard/witch doctor... yet, they're given the same 2h limitations as those frail casters.

its not about bloody strength! you could lift a house with one arm and still not be able to use a halberd as effectively in one hand as you could with two because of the weapon balance!

01/28/2013 05:35 AMPosted by Midnite
d2?

note the word Other
Reply Quote
Saw topic and clicked the link...

Saw the OP's profile... ninja post!

Posts this message for the sake of posting...

Leaves without reading...

(cmon people, you talk like you're bosses/own the game and demand for something but you hide your D3 profiles... polymorph?)
Reply Quote
Because skills are based off of weapon damage, and if you give a class the ability to dual wield weapons that on average roll with 2x as much damage as a one handed weapon (not to mention stats) ... well I'll let you figure the rest out.

Mighty weapons were included to compensate for this change, obviously. Some of them are pretty damn big too.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 1/28/2013 5:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/28/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Keltest
because its completely unrealistic.

This is a fantasy game bro. Lol

Not like this is gona happen in real life.

In a game like this, anything should be possible, your dreams and desires should come true in a great game like this. As corny as that sounds.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 05:46 AMPosted by Shékinah
because its completely unrealistic.

This is a fantasy game bro. Lol

Not like this is gona happen in real life.

In a game like this, anything should be possible, your dreams and desires should come true in a great game like this. As corny as that sounds.

there needs to be reasonable limitations. otherwise the barb could just grow giant axes out of his hands and spit firey butterflies that turns Diablo into a field of flowers.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 05:40 AMPosted by Keltest

its not about bloody strength! you could lift a house with one arm and still not be able to use a halberd as effectively in one hand as you could with two because of the weapon balance!

d2?

note the word Other

if ineffectiveness were to occur, that will balance out the usage if two were to be used at once.

you tried using wow as a point against him and he flipped it around on you. don't try to belittle it.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 05:49 AMPosted by Midnite

note the word Other

if ineffectiveness were to occur, that will balance out the usage if two were to be used at once.

you tried using wow as a point against him and he flipped it around on you. don't try to belittle it.

there isnt an equal ratio between quantity of weapons and effectiveness of the weapon. you cant just use a second one to make up for the deficencies in them both.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/28/2013 05:47 AMPosted by Keltest
there needs to be reasonable limitations. otherwise the barb could just grow giant axes out of his hands and spit firey butterflies that turns Diablo into a field of flowers.

Shushhh

Cain would hate us talking about butterflies. :'(

But yes, I do expect to Dual wield two House sized weapons.
Reply Quote

there isnt an equal ratio between quantity of weapons and effectiveness of the weapon. you cant just use a second one to make up for the deficencies in them both.

there are pros and cons in everything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]