Diablo® III

Sooo...Barbs forgot how to dual weild?

90 Night Elf Druid
01/28/2013 07:02 AMPosted by ChangBooster
D2 they could only dual wield one type of weapon: swords, so stop saying they could dual wield weapons. Am I the only one who thinks a 500 str, 6% ls, 300% crit damage stat stick would be OP?

Just by the way you talk and present yourself, you make it look like you're crying.

You clearly don't read well, please re-read my post more thoroughly.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 07:18 AMPosted by Shékinah
D2 they could only dual wield one type of weapon: swords, so stop saying they could dual wield weapons. Am I the only one who thinks a 500 str, 6% ls, 300% crit damage stat stick would be OP?

Just by the way you talk and present yourself, you make it look like you're crying.

You clearly don't read well, please re-read my post more thoroughly.

Thank you.

99% of damage comes from A: Strength and B: + damage on weapons. 2h have a higher chance to roll both of these. unless you cripple the rolled stats on a 2h wep (in which case nobody will use them 2 handed) then there is no possible way to have them useful without eclipsing other weps.
Reply Quote
What OP is asking is basically use Two Two-Handed weapons, but the stats and damage of weapon in off-hand is ignored since he just wanted to see the barb spinning two huge big@$$ weapons in combat.
There's no special effect when it comes to proc, no elemental effect, alternating bonus and the attack speed bonus is flat 15%. If OP is not asking for buff, or trying to obtain certain ability by enabling this just for BARBARIAN, then he's really only asking for a graphic addition.

What is the point of 'balancing' a two-handed when there's already 1-handed out there to use?

It's akin to asking the blacksmith(blizzard developer) to turn a grandfather sword(2h) to into a dagger(to be wield in each hand).

Way to work your game developers to the bone. Keep it up, developers are human too.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I would just like to see 2 handers be a little more viable. Almost every barb I see is dual wielding these days.
Reply Quote
op is so ____________________________________________________________________
Reply Quote
I agree with OP!! wish Blizzard would introduce skill trees. One handed skill tree and 2 handed skill tree with the highest skill being ability to dual wield two 2-handed weapons. Diablo 3 isnt even an rpg, just a hack and slash action game lol. Blizzard owes us big time. 10 million of us and counting.
Reply Quote
Every character in this game has regressed mentally and in power. Sorceress has long cool downs on teleport and forgot how to use frozen orb, fireball, firewall, and countless of other threads. It is pathetic when you think about how far this game had regressed from a functionality and feature standpoint.
Reply Quote
no thanks jeff
Reply Quote
Unfortunately this is just a game design mechanic and we have to suspend disbelief. Yeah, it's not great, but it happens. ALL THE TIME.

D&D 2e, most non-human races couldn't play certain classes and could only reach low levels in the majority of others. In 3e they are all basically equal to humans.

Meteor/Comet was a black magic spell in FF 4 and a time magic spell in FFT.

Hurt in DQ was replaced with fire-typed firebolt in DQ2, but they're the same spell.

Mario & company forgot how to power jump after SMB2/doki doki panic until Luigi remembered how in Super Paper Mario. Additionally, SMRPG repeatedly refers to Mario as the best jumper in the land, but in SMB2/ddp, SMB2/tll, and Super Paper Mario, Luigi is a better jumper.

Cure4/Curaja appears and disappears between FF games.

Breath of Fire 1, 2, and especially 3 have different dragon mechanics despite them existing in the same world and the main character in each essentially being a reincarnation of the same guy. (BTW 1&2's maps are very similar and 3's mural directly references those games.)

A minority of Metroid games explain why Samus starts without the upgrades of the previous game. The rest just make it happen without reason.

Alucard can gain levels in C:SOTN while he can't in C3, and in fact no one can prior to C:SOTN. A Belmont can in nearly every game after that point, but in most of C1-C4 plus the gameboy games the main character not only doesn't get stronger as the game progresses, he/she actually takes more damage per hit as the game progresses.

Should I continue?
As a 27 year old that has been playing games his whole life... I thumbs up this comment. Gamers these days cry about everything it's insane. Used to be that you buy your game, play it and if the 2nd/3rd game in the franchise sucks to you then you move on to something else. These days it's let go trash every D3/CoD/ME3/RE/FF video/post/forum and anyone who does likes/hate them is a blind fanboy/hater blah blah blah blah. I loved D3/FF13/ME3/RE5-6 and play CoD(Brings me back to the old days of shooters).
Edited by Ammoclip20#1991 on 1/28/2013 8:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4nfZu8VqgQ

I'm sure these machine guns are heavier and harder to control than your log ...

Barbarian should be double this size in, weight, mass and muscle ... he'll make a machine gun look like a pistol ...
Edited by Kittehx#2602 on 1/28/2013 8:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
DW 2hnder will be nice but not all 2hnder weapon. should limited to 2hnd sword and mace only.

IRL miyamoto musashi, lu bu, han yu and maybe many more has ability to DW 2hnd sword/mace, speed may drop, but still they cut/break through enemy armor and kill him because they are extremely buff.

but not long spear/halberd, 2hnd axe is not logic/balance.

dps, stat reduce by half, then DW 2hnd is no longer OP.
Reply Quote
Someone probably mentioned already, but sure, dual wielding 2handers for a Barb would sound good, but at half the Strength, Dex, Int, or Vita it adds, and Critical and there you have it, your dual wielding for 2 handers.
Edited by MrAwesome#1827 on 1/28/2013 9:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 10:02 PMPosted by MASKOAA
Barbs should be able to whip out their cocks when WW and that'll count for a 3 strike combo when duel welding.

And all I could picture is two Barbs competing to fabricate some metallic work of art using their "members" as blow torches. "Duel welding" indeed.

FFS, if you're going to try to flame someone at least learn English, grammar, and spelling first.

On topic: OP makes total sense. Why wouldn't this be implemented, unless the implication is that the Barbarians of present day Sanctuary are pansies compared to previous generations?
Reply Quote
Barbs should be able to whip out their cocks when WW and that'll count for a 3 strike combo when duel welding.

And all I could picture is two Barbs competing to fabricate some metallic work of art using their "members" as blow torches. "Duel welding" indeed.

FFS, if you're going to try to flame someone at least learn English, grammar, and spelling first.

On topic: OP makes total sense. Why wouldn't this be implemented, unless the implication is that the Barbarians of present day Sanctuary are pansies compared to previous generations?

I was going to say something, but I was worried I would get banned. It involved making fun of you guys and your funny "obsession" about your Barbs... haha
Edited by deacon8#1815 on 1/28/2013 9:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 09:24 PMPosted by Regenerator
old man should not dual wield 2 handed weapons. you might break your back.

Someone hasn't heard about Old Man Strength.

I agree, bring back the 1-handed 2h weapons. Give the offhand a penalty, like -50% on the rolls that exceed a normal 1h and a reduced attack speed.
Reply Quote
View profile
For the sake of fun... I agree with OP... if you have a barb or not, there is no reason to piss and moan that you don't want this... it's for everyone to enjoy. Don't forget, there is a "create new character" button you can use at any time... select the barbarian class... enjoy!

+1M OP!

On that note however, give all classes the 35% damage reduction buff that barbs have... kinda sick of not being able to be "as" tanky with DH... because that is the way I play...
Edited by TheOneRaven#1565 on 1/28/2013 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Why would DH's, or any class besides Monk, need the same amount of damage reduction as a Barb?! If my DH had the same defense as my Barb, I would literally never die. I'm sorry, it's just a horrible idea...

But I do agree with the OP! Thumbs up
Edited by deacon8#1815 on 1/28/2013 9:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Why bother? This game is !@#$ed up anyway
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]