Diablo® III

Sooo...Barbs forgot how to dual weild?

In the last 20 years Barbarians forgot how to dual wield Two Handed weapons?

Whats the deal?

I've been thinking about this since may 15th 2012.

Mighty Weapons don't give the same feeling as dual wielding two 2 handed weapons.

Blizzard, I love you, i really do, but I dont feel like a completed barbarian without holding Two handed weapons in each hand.

My enchantress can only hold one two handed sword, yet the barbarian is crippled enough to be just as weak.

I wouldn't mind the same Debuff as in Diablo 2 with the reduced damage with the offhand, just please for the love of God let me hold two 2 handed weapons.

If you're a Barbarian Lover you will agree with this.

Even if your a Warrior Lover from World of Warcraft, you will agree with this as well.

I wish i could like my own post.

• Edit

I'm not saying "buff the barbarian" thats not my goal.

My goal is to raise support for a Barbarian to actually Dual Wield Two handed weapons, in diablo 2 , the off hand damage was reduced considerably.

an example of this is shown here

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/Hanshotfirst-Pics/Screenshot1030.jpg

http://www.darkestofangels.com/wp-content/uploads/wm-media/darkest-of-angels/gallery/videos/spotlight/spotlight-barbarian/barbarian-spotlight-1.jpg

How is this strong as hell hero, not able to hold two of what a normal man could not?
  • Pretty sure you wrote an "I quit" post last week.

Yup, found it:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708951520

Go quit and move on with life. Stop trolling the D3 forums.

Agreed, lets pretend you were analyzing D3 in HC mode and died...
    Reply Quote

ROFL after reading all this and the OPs unrealistic dreams of barb, that^^^ just made it ALL worth it, OP is a troll
    Edited by PointBlank69#1460 on 1/28/2013 10:11 AM PST
    Reply Quote

ROFL after reading all this and the OPs unrealistic dreams of barb, that^^^ just made it ALL worth it, OP is a troll

How is it unrealistic? There should at least be an explanation why so equivalent classes got significantly more stupid after a small amount of lore time.
    Reply Quote
    Its common sense. Barbs have the stregth requirement to use a 2hand sword, 1handed. Why wasnt this brought over from d2, nobody knows. grandfather swords used to be top weapons for barbs, that and a stormsheild. Why they left that out is beyond me.
    Demon hunters dual weild 1handers, wizzards and witch doctors have off hand plus weapon, but what seperates stregth from the classes, nothing, all players use one 2hand weapon, which is bull right off the bat, why does a wd or wizzard able to equip a heavy item like skorn, the logic behind weapons is out of touch with how they should be used. anything with no stregth should be dragging it on the ground, because not enough stregth to lift it. but as blizzard has made it, all classes are on equal ground with 2hand weapons, i dont agree with this at all
    Reply Quote
    You guys are dense, and your reading comprehension sucks. OP, I also agree that dual-wielding 2H was awesome, and I don't care about barbs all that much, because I rarely play mine in D3.

It just evokes that sense of a veteran of arms, when you can use the mightiest of weapons in a way that other classes cannot. If any of you bothered to read, or played most games with dual-wielding 2H, you'd understand that it's not a buff if implemented correctly, but just an alternative. Usually, off-hand weapons suffer a considerable penalty so that dual-wielding isn't BETTER, it's just an alternative style choice.

It didn't come as a surprise to me that they omitted this option from D3, since they seem to have removed any number of features that accounted for varied or more complex gameplay. To my chagrin, they also removed the ability of elements (besides frost) to have any inherent properties beyond mere aesthetics.
    Edited by Exile#1863 on 1/28/2013 10:45 AM PST
    Reply Quote

Why edit a troll post?

jw.

edit: neither should ginger women.

logically since male barbie is a old man, we are supposed to get an old hag for f barbie. but instead we got this somewhat sexualized ginger, implying that blizz dont want to make completely unsexualized character neither. and a woman able to hold 2 2 handed weapon and still stand upright is...just wrong :/
    Except for male Witch Doctor, all the characters are created to be good looking. What does Blizzard have against black men?
    Reply Quote
    Its common sense. Barbs have the stregth requirement to use a 2hand sword, 1handed. Why wasnt this brought over from d2, nobody knows. grandfather swords used to be top weapons for barbs, that and a stormsheild. Why they left that out is beyond me.
    Demon hunters dual weild 1handers, wizzards and witch doctors have off hand plus weapon, but what seperates stregth from the classes, nothing, all players use one 2hand weapon, which is bull right off the bat, why does a wd or wizzard able to equip a heavy item like skorn, the logic behind weapons is out of touch with how they should be used. anything with no stregth should be dragging it on the ground, because not enough stregth to lift it. but as blizzard has made it, all classes are on equal ground with 2hand weapons, i dont agree with this at all

I actually wouldn't mind a strength requirement, as long as it could be obtainable to all classes in paragon levels. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't agree with the notion of skorn being an overpowering stat considering in D2 you COULD equip a 2 hander to other classes with the correct strength. I should know. Used to have a 2 hand maul chargadin...

Lets not forget the 30% reduction in dmg barbs already have. You can argue for what you like but calling all the classes even in all dimensions is base form ludicrous...2 hander or not, the incoming dmg is registered at a different level based on class.

Don't know if I am for damage reduction or not. Remember how hard it was to catch up to an amazon with a seeking arrow build with a barb? But in the end you knew if that amazon ran through your WW once by accident they were dead meat...

That's the balancing factor so far as I can see. If I use a DH I should be good at stalling or dodge because I can't rely on taking hits like barbs...
    Reply Quote

logically since male barbie is a old man, we are supposed to get an old hag for f barbie. but instead we got this somewhat sexualized ginger, implying that blizz dont want to make completely unsexualized character neither. and a woman able to hold 2 2 handed weapon and still stand upright is...just wrong :/
    Except for male Witch Doctor, all the characters are created to be good looking. What does Blizzard have against black men?

Lets not forget he clearly has advanced cerebral palsy...
    Reply Quote
    Jep buff them KKTHXBYE

Would be nice to get that.
    Reply Quote
    I don't really mind that they don't dual wield two-handers.

Maybe make it so two-handers can spawn 2 sockets so they're more viable late game.
    Reply Quote
    yet another thing Wilson'd, that dude really screwed this game, glad he got fired.
    Reply Quote
    dual wielding 2-handers? no

able to use one 2-hander and a shield? yes. monks should be able to do the same.

why?

because dh's can hold a manticore and still have something in their offhand.

any why can't monks use a bow? seriously how hard is it for a monk to hold a bow and use it? real life ones do it all the time :D

I agree with the manticore thought. I remember when I first started a DH which was my second or third build I sincerely thought that you either had greater dps but no quiver with crossbows and bows and options of quivers with one hander bow pistols...
    Reply Quote
    Wow... buff Barb?

Barb already spin2win, and with this request... how about making all monsters and elites immediately explode and die when it see a barb dual weal 2 handed weapon.

There is a reason why it is call: 2 handed weapon.

Stop being low using gender to justify your request. Barb or Enchantress, both are with 2 hands.
    lol this is a stupid comment. first off. he said not to buff. but instead lower dps of 2 hand weapon when dual wielding, therefore leveling it out. and gender has nothing to do with his point. he is saying the enchantress is weak (you can clearly tell from her body) and yet the ripped barb cant hold more than her.
    Reply Quote
    lol the lack of intelligence in this thread is amazing........

Being a barb, I would love to be able to duel wield 2h's. You could possible buff some of the other legendary 2 hands so that skorns weren't the only thing being used. This would not be a buff to barbs if you were to nerf the off hand 2h. But of course these glass cannon cry babies see barb and " ehrmagerd barbz need nurf! buf monks!"
    Reply Quote
    [/quote]Pretty sure you wrote an "I quit" post last week.

Yup, found it:

Go quit and move on with life. Stop trolling the D3 forums.[/quote]

So if Shekinah already quit....than that must mean his account has been hacked! Quick, alert the security team! red team go! red team go!
    Reply Quote
    class specific items are the only thing that is same from d2 to d3, only character class can equip. item. there is no requirement, only lvl requirement on weapons in this game. Like i said in my earlier post, a barb would never stack other than stregth, dh and monk stack dex, and wizard and witch doctor stack intelli. For a class with 200 or 500 maximum stregth, how was it over looked that they can use 2 hand weapons.
    i agree if dh use 2hand crossbow, and queiver, wd and wizzar use a off hand , that a barb should be able to use 2hander with sheild.
    We all know this is not diablo 2. or LOD, and things are progressing, what the original poster is asking i agree with full heartly, barbs have the stregth, why are they not able to use 2hand swords 1hander style, and if all remeber, you couldnt use a hellslayer 1hander, so axes should be excluded out of this.
    With itemization the way it is all classes can use item no matter what if its not class specific. thats where all the controversy is, is that im using skorn, but how can they equip this item. It goes against the itemization from the begining. Trade would be alot more lvled if classes were not able to equip. every item in the game, and stuff would come down in price. I guess thats my thoughts, takem or leave um!
    Reply Quote

How is it unrealistic? There should at least be an explanation why so equivalent classes got significantly more stupid after a small amount of lore time.

The amount of changes that would have to be made to just make it a *graphical design change* and rework the *system* so people can dual wield 2h weapons without the added bonus of any stats from the offhand, i'd bet millions, if i had it, that it will NEVER happen (idk anything about this stuff, except blues posting that its WAY more work then kids posting on these forums think to make the changes people are asking for)

Edit: come to think of it, have they ever simply changed something because we thought it would be fun? we=community, or were they all for blizzards bank account. hmmm something we ALL should know the answer to, so with that

/thread

though i do agree about the more in-depth story/explanation of why the nephalem changed over the course of ( w.e years )
    Edited by PointBlank69#1460 on 1/28/2013 12:26 PM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]