Diablo® III

Whats the general MP dps rule?

E.g.

Mp0 = 60dps
mp1 = 80dps
mp2 = 110dps
mp3 = 140dps (This is what I'm currently on and it's okay I can smash the mobs but some elites can be challenging and main bosses seem to be really challenging. I wanting to achieve mp5 quite comfortably (bosses included) as well as farm for infurno machine keys etc.

Any advice would be awesome - please check my build and advise possible upgrades (low budget currently)
Reply Quote
it depends on build I would say

I see people do with this

mp1 80k
mp3 90k
mp5 110k
mp6 150k
mp7 200k
mp8 270k
mp9 330k
mp10 ?

I can do mp5 with 100k, so I think it depends on your gear and skill set up

get an SOJ if you have problem killing elites
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 1/27/2013 9:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
actually for most efficient farming

MP0-1 = 110K to 180K DPS
MP2 and up = 180K DPS+

I'm not saying you can't do higher MP, but just not the optimal efficiency in terms of loot/exp per hour.
Reply Quote
To be honest in this current patch, unless you're doing uber runs or farming for keys, you should really be doing anything other than MP0 for maximum efficiency. Of course this may change with the boost in exp for higher MP in the next patch.

Also, I cannot say this for top-end DHs with 1mil ehp and 300K unbuffed dps..
Edited by scud#1617 on 1/27/2013 10:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
OK, ive just jumped in doing mp5 and while I can survive fine and take out the trash mobs with ease I'm taking for frigging ever to kill special elite packs (i.e. the yellow ring leader dudes..)

Understanding what Scud has just said - I would like to try maybe a better build for damage. Mr Fox maybe you could recommend a set up keeping in mind my current gear??
Reply Quote

mp3 = 140dps

this is good enough for mp8+ if you are face-tanking and layering DPS from 2-3 skills concurrently

provided your survival is simply never an issue;
thunder bola +echo+Anathema+m4d perma-gloomed DH is a potent ubers team member
Edited by zoid#1554 on 1/27/2013 11:23 PM PST
Reply Quote

mp3 = 140dps

this is good enough for mp8+ if you are face-tanking and layering DPS from 2-3 skills concurrently

Lol what?? Can you expand that a touch?? :P
Reply Quote
To be honest in this current patch, unless you're doing uber runs or farming for keys, you should really be doing anything other than MP0 for maximum efficiency. Of course this may change with the boost in exp for higher MP in the next patch.

Also, I cannot say this for top-end DHs with 1mil ehp and 300K unbuffed dps..

which bring me to a question, have anyone found anything that is worth 100m or more on mp 0-1 . I have found some pretty nice ice climbers, tal rasha, innas on mp 8- 10 farming so I am not really sure how it works but I seem to have no luck on mp 0-1 .

This may incite many arguements and such, but no one can really say how does the mf work and item rolls work, it is all just speculation. I prolly think blizz should add a page to their website and explain how their rng or mf or item roll system works so we have a clear cut understanding from it. All it seems to me now is just lottery lol

The best item i found is a dex trifecta amulet which i sold for 50 million in mp0.

I prefer to run low mp if i do not have a lot of time, mainly for the experience and gold. If i have time, i usually run MP7 VoA and then to Oasis to kill keywarden and repeat. It is a rather slow run but i like the challenge and also the higher chance for legendaries.
Reply Quote
on my farming gear I am at 230k dps unbuffed (no SA/archery). I would NOT go over MP2. MP2 is pushing it because killing elites takes a bit longer.

for xp/farming, if you are under 200k stick to MP0 (or MP1 if you want a slight chance of a key dropping from the warden). I moved up to MP2 because I can now one-shot white mobs and elites take one gloom cycle... sometimes 2 max. plus I dont need to be as efficient as if I were level 40 because I'm approaching 100 and my mf is in a good spot right now so I prefer getting a tad more drops.

ymmv
o/
Reply Quote
Interesting question. I feel the numbers are very low and I agree with previous reply from veritech as well as scud's perspective.

It isn't a question of "can you farm/complete an area with lower DPS". It is can you do it in a "decent amount of time" whether you die or not.

While I understand the topic/question at hand is "general MP dps rule" that is very subjective. It also depends on your gear and play-style.

My "gut" feeling where people have replied about 110k dps for MP5 seems awefully LOW to me.

Some is really about skills. The setup I use with my gameplay style and gear I can hit a pack of white-mob trash of 40-50 and have them all dead in about 5seconds on MP7. I don't use skills on MP7 which are single-target. I use skills which are AOE (ie bola, Spiked, MFD).

So it does not take me long to kill stuff even solo on MP7 because I try and maximize my dps (about 241k is my dps with my setup on MP7-10) that I have and not waste time with single targets but instead multiple targets.

Running too high of a MP has only partially to do with DPS. That is 1/3 of the equation. The other 2/3 is survivability and then skills used. 0HP = 0DPS. If you have survivability issues on the MP levels then I'd certainly dial down some. Or if you are really having to change your game-style of play (ie you like to stand and shoot but now have to run around so much and consistently vault and Kite when you get a chance) then you are on too high of a MP based on gear/dps/skills.

@MrFox - Yes I've found multiple items over time in MP0/1 that sold for a good amount.
Reply Quote
I farm MP10 W 240K/280K dps depending on weapon.. 72k life 500 AR and it's a walk in the park.
Reply Quote

Lol what?? Can you expand that a touch?? :P

it's very expensive to have over 250k dps while also over 700AR/5000 armor and 70k Life - have not seen many Dh's who push that sheet dps and face tank mp10

usually one or the other

single attack ID is doing 216% sheet dps (148% AoE)
DA at about 241%(single target)
mobs at your feet under Echos + Bola + sCloud + valley of death produces more like 400-500% sheet (hatred depending) and that's a full AoE build too

tanky + utility (mark + stun) layering approx 600k-700k (per target) dps has (in my experience) served my groups better than ~800k-1.2m Dh's who can't stand still and are mainly Single target

i'm logged off in my mp10 setup; it reaches 900ar 5500 armor with war cry, which isn't needed but it really helps. perma gloom takes up the slack
Edited by zoid#1554 on 1/28/2013 9:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 08:19 AMPosted by BubbaGump
My "gut" feeling where people have replied about 110k dps for MP5 seems awefully LOW to me.

werd.
with 300k dps i farm mp4.
Reply Quote
@hmk21

I said 110k - mp5 seems low

and you come back with 300k - mp4 .... LOLOLOL

sure that is just fine and most likely you farm mp4 very easily with that dps. at top of post they were talking generic numbers saying 110k dps for MP5 and that is pretty low and will take a long time to dps down mobs/elites at that MP level. :)

I run mostly 241k dps for MP5 and higher and have no issues either farming. each level gets slower of course but unless I get trapped by several arcane sentries I'm usually fine. :)
Reply Quote
It really comes down to how you want to play. Im at 250k dps and I can easily farm keys on mp6 or 7. But for general playing/farming I find it way too slow. I like mp3. I fast, its easy, its fun.

It all comes down to what you find is fun, enjoyable, and possibly rewarding.
Reply Quote
At 220k dps, 450 ar, 4.5k armor, 50k hp I can farm anything up to MP5 reasonably efficiently. I can do up to MP8 pretty easily but it's too slow for my likes, and MP10 is fine unless I run into difficult elites in which case I can die. Personally I like running MP3-4, I find that the most enjoyable.

As for items, the best items I've found were pre monster power. Both of those items I sold on the RMAH, one for ~$120, the other for ~$45, a Nat's helm with high dex, cc, and socket, and a vile ward with 12% life and high (250ish) str. I haven't found anything near as good since monster power was released and I've tried farming MP6-8 a lot and have actually found most of my decent (10-100M) items in lower MP levels.
Reply Quote
@hmk21

I said 110k - mp5 seems low

and you come back with 300k - mp4 .... LOLOLOL

i'm agreeing with you.
this game is about time management as you've said.

and adding from personal experience... that i couldn't imagine myself farming anything more then mp4 without being inefficient... even at 300kdps.
Reply Quote
Really, I couldn't see why any DH couldn't solo some high MP levels and ubers to be honest. Gloom and spike traps-echoing blast seems to be a win combo regardless of stats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]