Diablo® III

Treasure Find barb 1mil +/hour

I was inspired to make this thread do to questions I get asked in game about my build and gear. Also another thread where player were complaining about being hopeless to grind gold in this game or farm. I want everyone to have fun and make some gold.

I made a post back a bit about this and have finally tweaked it perfectly to my exp gear as well since im 97 now trying to get to 100. Here is gear needed and you can tweak what you want and ill explain reason to have it in your farming/lvling set.

1. Pickup radius, pickup radius and pickup radius. This is a crazy important stat not only for health globe realiant early builds but so you don't have to run anywhere near the gold pile to pick it up. I have 33 yards I find this to be enough. I wasn't happy at 26yards so I added another piece here its up to you but I highly recommend nothing below 20yards for speed.

2. Goldskin- Obviously the foundation for getting gold its not the 100% only for early players its the proc of gold droping per hit. If you have fast attacking hits. Nado/WW then gold is flying off the monsters and the gold that's proced is based on your GF%. This is why I still wear it at 97lvl as I don't need GF just need the proc.

3. Puzzle ring on follower- Ill be short and sweet on this one since there is a lot of confusion about it. I get 2-3 goblins per 15-20min run. 10 runs a day =20-30goblins. In a week that's 140-210 extra goblins. That's a lot of gold and 63lvl items, gems, tomes and stuff that is easily sellable. Not to mention best source of rings, ammys.

Now this basically covers gear. I also recommend having matching MF early on gear cause you want to find legends/sets and gear as well. I also recommend that your Pick up radius gear is not hindering you but top notch. View my profile I use IK gloves pickup and rest is 80resist well stated gear with pickup. You don't want to not be able to farm just cause you have MF/GF and pickup.

My build

Pretty simple I tweaked it now to wear im using nado/ww for lvling because its well efficient. The Nado/WW hits a lot procing goldskin gold to drop and its great for farming no news here.

What is news is the fact I subout warcry. For threatening shout grim harvest. One of the best skills in game and highly overlooked. I use a method I call hearding basically gathering up mobs for a kill then cast it on large packs it has a short CD give 15 fury and gold and loot then drops off the mobs. Here is best part the shout is responsive to the amount of GF/MF you have so its better at high lvls. I have made a Ton more by using it. I don't slow down at all and get extra gold, loot sometimes legends, sets. Im still lvling fast but I have the right skills and pick up radius to keep it moving.

I avg about 250k per 15min run in gold picked up. Per hour you should be at 1mil. Sometimes ill change my run make it longer but in the end its same result.

As of today 1-28-13 218million gold picked up.
Earned achive- The One Percent on 11-17-12 which is 100mil picked up.
Hope someone finds this useful. Good luck in farming to all. Ill answer any question as I see them.
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 1/28/2013 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Very interesting! I was actually wondering how many people had made The One Percent Achievement the other day, 218 million gold picked up is insane!
Reply Quote
Well I never thought Id get The One Percent. Took me 5months. Then I figured out farming better and of course got some gear and lvls in helps. Now its rolling in.
Reply Quote
Yes Farming and lvling got pretty old quick and with my goal to reach 100. The puzzle ring procing keeps it interesting like oh crap a goblin. Then there is always interesting situations fighting a elite chasing a goblin then a goblin procs so you have 2 on screen. This build has made it interesting and fun for me on my lvling journey. I hope to hit 98 today.
Reply Quote
what are you running and at what mp? this sounds mighty intriguing lol
Reply Quote
Puzzle ring only spawns lvl61 goblins, so you're actually getting lvl61 items.
Reply Quote
Cool build, I like the ideas in it, but I'm curious. How does Grim Harvest work?
1) every time it's cast, each affected enemy has a 15% chance to drop something each time it is hit with the shout

or

2)an enemy has to be inflicted by the shout before they die, to have a chance to get more items from them when they die

or

3)I'm way off

Thanks,
TSP
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 07:39 AMPosted by EPiCSMoKE
what are you running and at what mp? this sounds mighty intriguing lol

For a very long time threw my late 70's 80's I was doing MP2 basically droping dps and using exp gear hellfire, leorics -hellfire, puzzle on follower. For speed to lvl. Now Ive re tweaked it in my 90's I do MP4. Im capped MF/GF 475% I find a great amount of legends/sets to go along with all the gold.

01/28/2013 07:39 AMPosted by Deus
Puzzle ring only spawns lvl61 goblins, so you're actually getting lvl61 items.

Yes it spawns lvl 61 goblins as confirmed by blizz. Although Archon armors and 63's do drop from the goblin. Also my best find was a pair of Depth Diggers from a puzzle ring spawned goblin.
Reply Quote
Cool build, I like the ideas in it, but I'm curious. How does Grim Harvest work?1) every time it's cast, each affected enemy has a 15% chance to drop something each time it is hit with the shout

Bingo!!! So walk into a heard of monsters Rng is still Rng so more monsters hit by it better use of it. Soon as its cast you will see gold pop up in the air and drop. This is most common. Sometimes a blue item or even rares will fall out. I have gotten on rare very rare occasions a legend or set item. So why not start of before killing the monsters with hitting them with this great shout and get extra gold and loot and its a lot of extra gold per run. When sometimes big 3 or 4k piles drops.
Reply Quote
You make 25 cents an hour brosef... Just putting it into perspective.
Reply Quote
I really enjoyed reading this. It has been a completely different thread of a double tornado barbarian at work. I reached my 1 percent achievement about 3-4 weeks ago. I log on and play maybe 2-3 hours a week now as opposed to the 3-4 hours a day when Diablo first came out. But your build sounds very interesting especially wearing the goldskin.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Darkhosis
You make 25 cents an hour brosef... Just putting it into perspective.

Perspective heard. I was kinda tieing this into another post talking about gold=time. You are correct on the gold pick up with 1mil = .25cent.

I didn't want to make the original post to long and leave it short for questions. I make way more then 1mil per hour. In some of the reasons ill list here.

1. 1mil per hour in gold pick up only
2. Vendor trash from junk rares- couple 100k.
3. flawless gems- currently worth a ton and going up. Tomes yes I pick up mats.
4. Bad legends = Brims also another mat worth gold
5. Avg rares that will sell for 100-500k
6. Finally the most important. Legends/ Sets that do have value in the millions or a nice ring , ammy that may have fell off goblin from puzzle ring proc worth a couple million.

So in total its about maximizing all angles of farming and for some ppl starting out grinding to add gold to there inventory faster to help them aquire better gear.

Each hour spent isn't always great Rng is Rng. Although if you have a bad hour of farming at least you got Gold, mats and something from your time spent. Then the next hour maybe that 20mil ammy drops. Its the big picture over the course of a week to help gear up your toon and use cheap affordable farming gear for new chars to get started.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 09:42 AMPosted by Víðarr
I really enjoyed reading this. It has been a completely different thread of a double tornado barbarian at work. I reached my 1 percent achievement about 3-4 weeks ago. I log on and play maybe 2-3 hours a week now as opposed to the 3-4 hours a day when Diablo first came out. But your build sounds very interesting especially wearing the goldskin.

Thanks I'm happy you enjoyed the read makes me happy. Hopefully you find interest and log some more hours in again and give it a try :)
Reply Quote
This sounds super awesome, can't wait to try it out :)
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 10:11 AMPosted by DawnBreaker
This sounds super awesome, can't wait to try it out :)

Keep in mind to farm fast like you normally would. Don't expect result from every cast of grim harvest its is random but I just love casting and getting results when it does work. Ive played this build for quite some time let me know how you like it.
Reply Quote
i've thought about taking out wotb and put in grim harvest, reminds me of searching for potions in d2
Reply Quote
Gonna have to give this a try. Also. You spelled treasure wrong.
Reply Quote
So that's how grim harvest works? That's extremely lame -_-
Reply Quote
Guess you haven't read the 1.07 patch notes on Goldskin yet!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]