Diablo® III

WD- Does anyone use The Grin Reaper Helm?

I found one - it's on my HC WD.. It's cool as It pops Skeleton mimics of me (turns me into a skeleton also) almost all the time I attack. They also cast Zombie Bears!
Have others tried this helm, and do the mimic cast zombie bears actually do damage?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Reply Quote
No but that sounds pretty cool.
Reply Quote
I have one in my stash and it is fun but no it doesnt do damage. I tried a bunch of different spells with it and looked online as well.. what i came up with was:

they randomely cast some of the spells u have on your spell bar.

none do damage save grasp of the dead (still dont know if this is bug or not)

grasp of the dead does slow.. when i used this w/helm i got up to 3-4 grasps up all at once sometimes.. mostly 2-3 though.. all slowing enemies, all doing dmg

the 3 copies of you can be attacked by mobs.

Basically its an unruned mirror image with nearly 100% uptime. I would think it could be great for some extra survivability, but at what point the lack of stats that you could get from other helms out stripes it i couldnt tell u. I went with a normal helm to be on the safe side personaly.

One last thing. most your spells are just for cosmetics. for instance horrify did not fear anything when they cast it.. just animation. i didnt try every spell so there might be another out there that does something but as far as i know the above information is true.
Edited by Reaper#11570 on 1/28/2013 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
I use it.
Reply Quote
If this has near 100% uptime then its good for dueling, no?
Reply Quote
I have one in my stash and it is fun but no it doesnt do damage. I tried a bunch of different spells with it and looked online as well.. what i came up with was:

they randomely cast some of the spells u have on your spell bar.

none do damage save grasp of the dead (still dont know if this is bug or not)

grasp of the dead does slow.. when i used this w/helm i got up to 3-4 grasps up all at once sometimes.. mostly 2-3 though.. all slowing enemies, all doing dmg

the 3 copies of you can be attacked by mobs.

Basically its an unruned mirror image with nearly 100% uptime. I would think it could be great for some extra survivability, but at what point the lack of stats that you could get from other helms out stripes it i couldnt tell u. I went with a normal helm to be on the safe side personaly.

One last thing. most your spells are just for cosmetics. for instance horrify did not fear anything when they cast it.. just animation. i didnt try every spell so there might be another out there that does something but as far as i know the above information is true.

Awesome response! THANKS!
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 05:18 AMPosted by kimterran
If this has near 100% uptime then its good for dueling, no?

Do you mean in PVP in 1.07?
Unsure..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]