Diablo® III

143k Archon - question abt upgrading weapon

Currently using Echoing Fury (1243 dps) with no socket. I want to get my crit dmg up so I'm looking into Echoing Fury with a socket but my budget only affords socketed Echoing Fury's with ~1100-1150dps.

My question is, how much crit dmg % will I need to make this an upgrade and not a waste of money. In other words, at what point does an 1100dps weapon with X% crit dmg (from a gem) balance the dps provided by a 1243dps weapon?

I currently have 47.5% crit chance (50.5 w/ follower) & 168% crit dmg
Reply Quote
Actually just checked and my real crit dmg at this time is 218%
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
It will add to your dps by 10-20k. Socket weapons are never a waste of money, if you are not sure, use dmg calculator (like http://www.d3rawr.com/d) and you will see the exact number.

But i would rather go for lower (1000-1050) dps and LS together with socket, especially if you want to farm higher MP.
Reply Quote
thanks for the link.

i currently farm MP3 comfortably at 143k

i also anticipate that with nerfs to reflect dmg in 1.07, LS will be useful but not as necessary at high MP (at least not as much as it is now, but obv that remains to be seen)

i'll consider your suggestion of lower dps + socket + LS tho (if I can afford it XD)
Reply Quote
Get a 1K DPS Butcher's Sickle with 100+ INT 2.7 LS and an OS. Drag Chance doesn't matter because the proc has an internal cooldown.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 1/26/2013 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
The reflect damage nerf is not that significant on PTR right now. Many people are overestimating how much it's being nerfed IMO.
Reply Quote
Well from my experience, you can't survive without LS in MP4+ and it's not just RD. Well you can, but the farming will be really ineffective and you will die a lot. Archon is a tank build, you don't kite (just teleport).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]