Diablo® III

Error 53

I didnt't play the game for awhile. When I tryed logging on the other day everything was locked and I couldn't even get onto my battle.net account. After spending the past two and a half days changing dang near everything on my account I get error 53 while trying to log in. please unlock my account. I want to play!!!
Reply Quote
Hi,
Pretty much the same thing here. I already submited a ticket but it has been 5 days and I don't have any cues about whats going on...
As Lileck23 already said, I really want to play!
Thank you for your time.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I am afraid posting here will not speed up the time it takes to review your account. There are no GMs on the forums and the only way to appeal your suspension is through the ticket system. There was a recent WoW patch so ticket times are up a bit right now. They will get to you in turn. In the meantime, you probably need to figure out why you were suspended so it does not happen again. It can be due to financial issues, trying to use the RMAH from a region that does not match your registered address, etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]