Diablo® III

Was once criticized for my wiz. How bout now.

Gander at my wiz and tell me what you think of him. Tips, improvements, etc. Ive soloed MP 6 ubers EASILY and carried 2 people on MP 7 through fat poison guy and maghda and skeleton key. I think my wiz is great and givin one and a half more upgrade he will be able to do MP 10 easily. Let me know.
Reply Quote
looks legit man. Do you use the sword and triumvirate primarily? I have a chants set I use for CM/WW then a black weapon and triumvirate I swap out when I pay as Archon.
Reply Quote
Not sure which follower you use. Enchantress has a high damage weapon but no rings or ammy. Your Templar and Scoundrel have weapons with very little damage. I find that Templar can provide a respectable amount of damage that helps a bit -he can kill low-level monsters on low M levels in Inferno. So i would suggest getting some hurty weapons for your followers.
Edited by Bounce#1629 on 1/27/2013 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sure hope your talking about über 10 easily and not farming mp 10 easily lol.

:p
Reply Quote
It's all good, but you have virtually no resists - something to work on I guess.
Reply Quote
This is cool. Don't see many dagger/Trium CM builds. It looks like you are about 7-8% shy of 2.73aps breakpoint (using bubble). Maybe save up for a CC/AR lacuni next?

If only that dagger had room for LS...
Reply Quote
I'd replace that gloves and switch to evocation instead of cannon.
Reply Quote
You've got impressive paper DPS, but my biggest worry for you is right now your EHP is very low for the high mp levels. :( Your EHP is 150k and I'd be shooting for at least 350k. And when combined with only the 2.51aps breakpoint, your LoH and freeze isn't nearly as efficient. How do you feel in terms of squishiness?

Moreover, your EHP is kinda preventing you from realizing your full effective DPS. A SNS wizard with half your DPS will be doing almost as much effective damage as you are doing. And that's because the effective DPS multiplier of a CM/WW wizard running Diamond Shards+Shocking aspect is like 7x versus only 4.5x for someone running Crystal Shell+Energy Armor (see here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004691927 ). And this isn't to make you feel bad, but to suggest focusing on your EHP so you can increase up your effective DPS even more. :)
Reply Quote
I use them primarily, Chants Force is my next upgrade to get me to the AS i want. So close. To the resistence comment, i havent really found a need for it unless i wanted to tank fat boy on ubers, other than that i do fairly well aslong as im not being sufficated by a elite that burns the ground, reflects, and is poisonous. I do fairily well i enjoy my Wiz alot.
Reply Quote
I use the barb looking guy, dont really focus on anyof them, he just heals me one a blue moon.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 08:14 PMPosted by Tmayorga
I use them primarily, Chants Force is my next upgrade to get me to the AS i want. So close. To the resistence comment, i havent really found a need for it unless i wanted to tank fat boy on ubers, other than that i do fairly well aslong as im not being sufficated by a elite that burns the ground, reflects, and is poisonous. I do fairily well i enjoy my Wiz alot.

If you're planning on getting rid of Triumvirate then there's little reason to keep the black dagger, you mine as well go OS chants and gain the 7% Elite dmg reduction and 130 INT boost which will more than make up for a black weapon + storm crow. The only reason I can see this working out for you sub MP8 is because of the 5% ET CC putting you over. Lose that and you're finished with current set up, would need more CC/APS/LoH.

I can see why you were criticized , you're being very stubborn with your CC/APS levels and paper DPS with mitigation. I'm not the poster boy for mitigation, but common now..you can't expect to get anywhere near MP10 with the lack of CC/APS/Mitigation that you have.
Reply Quote
That ammy is da bomb. rest im gonna criticize.

You're a total glass cannon without the cannon part cos u run EA. A 110K DPS SNS lays down more DPS than u and usually will die less than you. What did you pay for those shoulders 5m? Get AR ARMOR STR everywhere run SNS. Get more IAS so you can lock propery, singles where they belong, under your twisters procing.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/27/2013 10:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 10:08 PMPosted by MasterJay

If you're planning on getting rid of Triumvirate then there's little reason to keep the black dagger, you mine as well go OS chants and gain the 7% Elite dmg reduction and 130 INT boost which will more than make up for a black weapon + storm crow. The only reason I can see this working out for you sub MP8 is because of the 5% ET CC putting you over. Lose that and you're finished with current set up, would need more CC/APS/LoH.

I can see why you were criticized , you're being very stubborn with your CC/APS levels and paper DPS with mitigation. I'm not the poster boy for mitigation, but common now..you can't expect to get anywhere near MP10 with the lack of CC/APS/Mitigation that you have.

His CC isnt bad on spell that matters cos of his 7 WW dagger but rest well said.
Reply Quote
If you want to do Ubers, and you seem to do only Ubers anyway lol, 2.73+ aps is very recommended.There is no shortcut. You may go lower for low MP, or farming, but for Ubers, it should be 2.73+ unbuffed. If you use bubble, you should reach 3.0 after Stretch Time. Reaching only 2.63 after bubble is quite modest imo

And more EHP if you want to tank Ghom on MP 10, his gas drains your health very fast, but it doesn't activate Force Armor, so EHP is the only way to go, or huge LoH. But at this point I believe EHP > LoH for you. Yeah you need more AR more Armor more HP everything if you want to tank MP 10 Ubers. Like 800 AR/5k Armor after Energy Armor, I know it's not easy, but you will feel quite comfortable if you have those stats. And drop GC if you do Ubers, not worth the risk.

We are talking about MP 10, there is no easy route.
Reply Quote
its refreshing to see a dagger cm build. I think you should change pants to AR innas. Get a AR witch belt. A AR lacuni with decent CC. Then you'll have the next breakpoint. Or ditch the trium for a apoc chant for more aps but I'm guessing you wouldN't want that
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 08:14 PMPosted by Tmayorga
Chants Force is my next upgrade to get me to the AS i want.

If you're planning on getting rid of Triumvirate then there's little reason to keep the black dagger

This^

Bracers are the place to get that extra ias. Just make sure they have AR and CC ($$$!)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]