Diablo® III

So I dueled Moldran in front of 2k viewers...

I gotta admit this looks kinda fun lol. If he wouldn't have added leap and all that vit you prolly woulda gotten him.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 12:36 AMPosted by Notrius
So he was hiding all the time, kiting, you had to come after him. Maybe you should use his tactics next time.

pursuit and destroy XD

i thinkseeker missile will play a vital roll vs. runaway opponents
Reply Quote
I find it funny when Barb has to kite Wiz.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 01:20 AMPosted by novice
I find it funny when Barb has to kite Wiz.
Reply Quote
Barbs with marathon can just leap in, ignore pain and try to get a rend off/couple of weapons throws. Then sprint away to regen and wait for ignore pain, rinse repeat.

If you decide to chase him and get close around some corners they will get rends off, which spells doom.

The map layout with all those los and walls etc favors hit'n'run tactics alot which barbs excels at with theyr sprint marathon.

Only way to win is a big big burst through ignore pain, cause they wont fight without it. Wizards are at an inherent massive disadvantage just because of the map layout.
Reply Quote
does mirror image neglect rend?
Reply Quote
It does but it takes 0.2 seconds to do another rend.
Reply Quote
why disintegrate instead of other spell that does more dmg like ray of frost?

btw nice duel.

i have a -5 ap reduction 30% soj, which is why i prefer it over ray of frost

I don't see how one kill equals ownage. You got killed once in this video. Was there more???

I also see how Moldran kept running -- HIDING -- behind that wall near the portal. Then he hid behind the other thing. Then he went back to the first wall.

Are you sure hydra wouldn't have helped you out a little? Or slow time?

hydra would've helped. I had slowtime but that doesn't do anything against barbs. He can sprint right through it and his weapon throws arent slowed by it.

good feedback, bud -- I know this is bugged and has been reported in PTR. better luck next time, but he didn't 'own you' for sure...
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 10:17 PMPosted by Wtflag

That's BS.

Teleport + Archon - Arcane Destruction. Maybe he can whirlwind his way back to Earth after he gets launched.

The +60% dodge with Striding Giant makes it highly unlikely to suceed.

WOTB is near invincible mode unless you have completely crazy level of DOT damage.

No barb will self respect will use wotb in duels, unless its vs lame WDs.

I thought eric did quite well vs moldran in this duel, I've seen moldran demolish 700+k dps wizards on the ptr, so he definitely isnt easy to beat.
Reply Quote
I got Moldran 4 or 5 times using this build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VQgYkT!gbX!YYcZbc

This was before players counted as elites, so it wasn't hard to stunlock.
In the gear I was using I had about 65k hp with higher mitigation, and about 150kish DPS.
3.02aps in the IAS bubble.

Method:
Lure him in to a corner where you can freeze him, pop IAS bubble, use Duplicates, use teleport on the spot you're standing so dupes explode right away with the 50% stun - Spam tornadoes + frost nova.
This worked like a charm
... Until he switched to 47% CC reduction on gear and I died like 5 times in a row. . .
Reply Quote
so therefore its useless now >_<
Reply Quote
I don't see how one kill equals ownage. You got killed once in this video. Was there more???

I also see how Moldran kept running -- HIDING -- behind that wall near the portal. Then he hid behind the other thing. Then he went back to the first wall.

There were 3 duels. I don't know why the OP showed a 5 min intro + 1 duel instead of just the 3 duels which took 3 min.

www.twitch.tv/moldran/b/361363551&?t=4h39m here you can see the other two, which happened directly after the first.
Edited by Moldran#2176 on 1/28/2013 3:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
LOL
Reply Quote
the truth shall set ye free
Reply Quote

There were 3 duels. I don't know why the OP showed a 5 min intro + 1 duel instead of just the 3 duels which took 3 min.

www.twitch.tv/moldran/b/361363551&?t=4h39m here you can see the other two, which happened directly after the first.

cos he's dishonest troll and wants to show himself in best light...one where he put up a half way decent fight not the two you pwned him quick.

Same thing happen when i played him. Said he owned me and match was 15-12

love ur accent BTW. Where are you from?
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/28/2013 3:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
HAHA.

/thread
Reply Quote
imo mocking demise rune would be better against AoE DoTs like rend. when rend kills off your clones barbs get stunned and will give you some time to either run away farther or counter attack
Reply Quote
would eric using hydra turn the tides of this match?
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 03:37 AMPosted by pichapiegal
would eric using hydra turn the tides of this match?

would be a long shot since he would be the one chasing the barb. with the sprint lightning hydra could probably get 4 hits or less before the barb is out of range
Reply Quote
i'm not sure if eric was drunk or what his excuse his. But judging by his performance he is under heavy influence of prescription medicine or some sort of radiation effect.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]