Diablo® III

So I dueled Moldran in front of 2k viewers...

01/27/2013 08:54 PMPosted by KhalARon
I had slowtime but that doesn't do anything against barbs. He can sprint right through it and his weapon throws arent slowed by it.

That's BS.

Teleport + Archon - Arcane Destruction. Maybe he can whirlwind his way back to Earth after he gets launched.

That is definitely BS
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 01:29 PMPosted by nitrocan
Running behind the god damn walls to regenerate HP is not a "strategy".

Oh man, I am laughing.

I know everyone is running around like a chicken with its head cut off.
Reply Quote

Here we have a PvE based game where now you can also duel others. Whoever runs around like a retard, hiding behind walls and even going back to town just to heal up so that they don't die is an absolute moron. No one is keeping a win count and there are absolutely no rewards for killing. People that fight only for wins in Diablo 3 should really just stop playing this game and pick up a fighting game like SSF4 or UMvC3, but hell they'll probably quit the next day since you can't RMAH or flip your way into those games. These people's attempt at turning PvP into something serious is pathetic. PvP takes almost NO skill and it's 45% gear, 5% luck and 50% the class you picked so think twice before you start hiding behind walls. You make yourself look like a huge !@#$%^-.

</rant>

Using your environment is a strategy in every game since ever. Your rant is the equivalent to someone who just mindlessly runs around in an FPS game, get sniped, and then whines about camping.
Reply Quote
Some of you guys going all happy over eric getting rolled over is getting trolled super hard. You guys think eric uploaded this video to put himself down? LOL this e-celebrity made lots of positive comments about eric's gear and that's what eric wants to show off. Some of you guys are troll noobs still getting trolled by eric lol.
Reply Quote
Ya..moldren...he is Barb for heaven's sake and he runs from a wiz like a u know what. Not that impressive to me.

Hooray Eric.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 03:53 PMPosted by LordSandwich
Your rant is the equivalent to someone who just mindlessly runs around in an FPS game, get sniped, and then whines about camping.

Camping is cheese. Plus everyone knows the snipe spots (eventually) and just kills you anyway.

Some of you guys are troll noobs still getting trolled by eric lol.

I will cheer for any wizard from this forum who is dueling.
Reply Quote

Nothing wrong with that. Barbs have high life regen and that is their strength in pvp, a good player would know how to make full use of that. Likewise, DHs have smokescreen, and many spam that constantly while they are kitting you. Its just too bad that wizards dont really have anything thats good in pvp (aside from maybe storm armor because it auto hits)...

I'm sorry but I feel like I have to say a couple of things here. Here we go...

<rant>

Here we have a PvE based game where now you can also duel others. Whoever runs around like a retard, hiding behind walls and even going back to town just to heal up so that they don't die is an absolute moron. No one is keeping a win count and there are absolutely no rewards for killing. People that fight only for wins in Diablo 3 should really just stop playing this game and pick up a fighting game like SSF4 or UMvC3, but hell they'll probably quit the next day since you can't RMAH or flip your way into those games. These people's attempt at turning PvP into something serious is pathetic. PvP takes almost NO skill and it's 45% gear, 5% luck and 50% the class you picked so think twice before you start hiding behind walls. You make yourself look like a huge !@#$%^-.

</rant>

Going back to town isnt the same thing as hiding to regen. Nothing is stopping you from seeking out your opponent when he is hurt and hiding, going back to town is different because it RESETS the match. I'd just leave the game if my opponent did this.

And pvp does require skill, much of the skill comes from properly gearing your character and selecting the skills for the matchup. Remember how everyone (including myself) said that barbs are garbage in pvp when 1.07 ptr initially landed? Well guess what they are now one of the top classes in pvp because the good barb players have figured out what skills/gear are good for pvp.

Bottomline is pvp isnt pvm, the people who are crying the loudest are the ones who don't understand that its a totally different game.
Reply Quote
Disintegrate sucks for PVP. Because you have to stand there while channeling. You're an open target. Blizzard is better because you can cast and keep moving, and it slows your opponent down so you can kite better.

My 2 centavos...

Edit:

Did I mention it totally gives your position away? May as well paint a target on yourself and show a ping on the minimap.

You need to be in a straight line, in plain view of your opponent to hit him. You can't hit a barb hiding in a corner either. You have to walk straight into his ambush to hit him.

Blizzard and Hydra work better in this regard. Plant a hydra where he's hiding and plop down a blizzard to where he'll run off to to flush him out.

MM is not very good in PvP I find. Especially not for Wizard vs Wizard. I'd rather use channel skill like arcane torrent than magic missile. It has too many weaknesses and just the one tracking bonus which doesn't even track reliably.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Sphinx
Some of you guys going all happy over eric getting rolled over is getting trolled super hard. You guys think eric uploaded this video to put himself down? LOL this e-celebrity made lots of positive comments about eric's gear and that's what eric wants to show off. Some of you guys are troll noobs still getting trolled by eric lol.

lol +1

same people over and over usually too hahaha
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 05:56 PMPosted by magicwood
Nice try. You made the misc look terrible.

hahahaah so he's not a 4chan troll, but a misc troll

haahhahahahahah
Reply Quote
View profile
Disintegrate sucks for PVP. Because you have to stand there while channeling. You're an open target. Blizzard is better because you can cast and keep moving, and it slows your opponent down so you can kite better.

My 2 centavos...

Edit:

Did I mention it totally gives your position away? May as well paint a target on yourself and show a ping on the minimap.

You need to be in a straight line, in plain view of your opponent to hit him. You can't hit a barb hiding in a corner either. You have to walk straight into his ambush to hit him.

Blizzard and Hydra work better in this regard. Plant a hydra where he's hiding and plop down a blizzard to where he'll run off to to flush him out.

MM is not very good in PvP I find. Especially not for Wizard vs Wizard. I'd rather use channel skill like arcane torrent than magic missile. It has too many weaknesses and just the one tracking bonus which doesn't even track reliably.

Yeah I don't use Magic Missile.
Tracking is not very good, and same weakness as a channeling skill like disintegrate: it gives your position away and you have to stand in place to continuously deal damage.

This is the build I'm using:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#lQikjT!hdX!YcZZbb

eric, could you give us a favor and try this build against Moldran and see if it works any better?

I totally forgive your CM Wizards trolling. I just want to see gg wizards win vs gg barbs.
Reply Quote
I don't see how one kill equals ownage. You got killed once in this video. Was there more???

I also see how Moldran kept running -- HIDING -- behind that wall near the portal. Then he hid behind the other thing. Then he went back to the first wall.

There were 3 duels. I don't know why the OP showed a 5 min intro + 1 duel instead of just the 3 duels which took 3 min.

www.twitch.tv/moldran/b/361363551&?t=4h39m here you can see the other two, which happened directly after the first.

Cuz the point of the vid is to showoff you mirin his gear

Not to showoff you stomping him

Like 3 people get this, rest are totally clueless
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 1/28/2013 6:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

Ohh thanks for calling it out. Sorry for being oblivious. Lol.
All I saw was a wizard getting trounced. Wasn't paying attention to the chatbox. :-)

eric, make a much better video next time with you kicking !@# and opponent admiring your gear, ok?
Reply Quote

Alesso, I don't care about eric's gear. I don't care about Moldran checking his gear!

I could have watched this duel over at his stream, but I didn't know about it. It could have been any other wizard from this forum against this barbarian. I still would have watched it.
Reply Quote
can't we all just get along and be friends :)
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 07:50 PMPosted by eric

Can you duel Moldran and win?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
@jenpeezey

your rant is exactly how I feel about WoW arena sometimes, especially when I feel I have to put considerably more efforts into winning a match than the opposing team does. There is some truth to it although skill takes a bigger % than you might think (still relatively small compared to gear & class though).

However the most optimal/intelligent way to play is the most optimal/intelligent way to play. Which do you like most, playing purely for the fun & gore or winning ? Both are valid yet both tend to get in the way of each other.

You can't get better at any competition if you think you have it all figured out. + streamers have to look their best at all times.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 07:50 PMPosted by eric

Errbody loves eric !
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]