Diablo® III

So I dueled Moldran in front of 2k viewers...

Nice try, Eric. Maybe a few skill changes?
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 07:50 PMPosted by eric
can't we all just get along and be friends :)

I genuinely like you. I think you're a fun person.
Reply Quote
id definitely sleep with you eric -if you're a girl that is XD
Reply Quote
I liked the video, others have commented that you got owned in the other videos and some have claimed it was selective. Well, I liked it and if the other two were short lived and not interesting, that would have been worthless pointing out.

I think people that can appreciate a good match would say it was more entertaining than a two second show.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 09:58 PMPosted by Sphinx
can't we all just get along and be friends :)

I genuinely like you. I think you're a fun person.

I like you too :)

01/28/2013 10:11 PMPosted by yems
id definitely sleep with you eric -if you're a girl that is XD

I'm sure we can figure something out ;)
Reply Quote
so fix this fukcing duels bcs is rly stupid
Reply Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpUK_p2rAWE

yeah i got pwned unfortunately

Seems boring from a spectator's point of view. Just one lucky shot ends it. :\
Edited by Sean#1744 on 1/28/2013 11:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
rly lame pvp
Reply Quote
if only disintegrate pierce tru walls like archon beams lol
Reply Quote
Running behind the god damn walls to regenerate HP is not a "strategy".

Here we have a PvE based game where now you can also duel others. Whoever runs around like a retard, hiding behind walls and even going back to town just to heal up so that they don't die is an absolute moron. No one is keeping a win count and there are absolutely no rewards for killing. People that fight only for wins in Diablo 3 should really just stop playing this game and pick up a fighting game like SSF4 or UMvC3, but hell they'll probably quit the next day since you can't RMAH or flip your way into those games. These people's attempt at turning PvP into something serious is pathetic. PvP takes almost NO skill and it's 45% gear, 5% luck and 50% the class you picked so think twice before you start hiding behind walls. You make yourself look like a huge !@#$%^-.

</rant>

Using your environment is a strategy in every game since ever. Your rant is the equivalent to someone who just mindlessly runs around in an FPS game, get sniped, and then whines about camping.

I'm sorry but I feel like I have to say a couple of things here. Here we go...

<rant>

Running behind the god damn walls to regenerate HP is not a "strategy".

Here we have a PvE based game where now you can also duel others. Whoever runs around like a retard, hiding behind walls and even going back to town just to heal up so that they don't die is an absolute moron. No one is keeping a win count and there are absolutely no rewards for killing. People that fight only for wins in Diablo 3 should really just stop playing this game and pick up a fighting game like SSF4 or UMvC3, but hell they'll probably quit the next day since you can't RMAH or flip your way into those games. These people's attempt at turning PvP into something serious is pathetic. PvP takes almost NO skill and it's 45% gear, 5% luck and 50% the class you picked so think twice before you start hiding behind walls. You make yourself look like a huge !@#$%^-.

</rant>

Going back to town isnt the same thing as hiding to regen. Nothing is stopping you from seeking out your opponent when he is hurt and hiding, going back to town is different because it RESETS the match. I'd just leave the game if my opponent did this.

And pvp does require skill, much of the skill comes from properly gearing your character and selecting the skills for the matchup. Remember how everyone (including myself) said that barbs are garbage in pvp when 1.07 ptr initially landed? Well guess what they are now one of the top classes in pvp because the good barb players have figured out what skills/gear are good for pvp.

Bottomline is pvp isnt pvm, the people who are crying the loudest are the ones who don't understand that its a totally different game.

Guys please... Get my point. I play fighting games way more than I play D3 so trust me when I say PvP does not take any skill other than getting used to which button casts which skill. Duelling in D3 is in no way balanced so all I'm saying is there's no point in taking it seriously. If you run away and hide behind walls to regen health, you obviously think that duelling is a legitimate indicator of who's better.

Even in FPS games like CS, camping is, although annoying, still a strategy because there, everyone has access to pretty much the same set of weapons and etc. Not in D3. Classes/characters are vastly different in ability and gear. There's no balance ergo there's no reason to claim superiority over someone else just because you were able to kill them. So if you're hiding behind walls, you're just being a little @*%#*@%%#.
Reply Quote

Yeah I don't use Magic Missile.
Tracking is not very good, and same weakness as a channeling skill like disintegrate: it gives your position away and you have to stand in place to continuously deal damage.

This is the build I'm using:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#lQikjT!hdX!YcZZbb

eric, could you give us a favor and try this build against Moldran and see if it works any better?

I totally forgive your CM Wizards trolling. I just want to see gg wizards win vs gg barbs.

im a mm user and i like it, my previous post was specifically about wiz vs wiz and disintegrate is far superior for this. MM is so counterable with the bubble its not funny, the advantage of range is nullified by it. Disintegrate is actually good if u play offensively with it, u dont play hide n seek u wormhole offensively next to opponent drop bubble so he and his mms get slowed and channel away, with good dps a wiz and falls fast since its ticks it doent proc illusionist to get the !@#$ out, have to get hit by sa for that.

when i fought eric that was his tactic and i knew i was was at a disadvantage using mm but since it was a soj vs soj battle from last weeks trash talk i reallly didnt want to change the skill I only could adapt to his style which was play even more defensively, keep my distance and try to catch him with mms when buble was on cooldown, which is hard since every mm hit would reset it.

for other mu diff story ill take mm anytime as it allows me to fire at a prudent range so when they pop serenity,ss or spirit walk i dont get cought too near. only advantage i can think of dis over mm is against them dex classes that with so many ticks some more are bound to hit and not get dodged.
Reply Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpUK_p2rAWE

yeah i got pwned unfortunately

Seems boring from a spectator's point of view. Just one lucky shot ends it. :\

I feel the same way. hp regen should be nerfed in pvp. They wanted it to be a "go in there and explode someone instantely" thing and that's pretty much impossible with the walls and hp regen. It's a strategy but I think it's pretty abusable as far as strategies go.

edit: I mean, you know, where's all the disasterous s**** n' giggles?
Edited by Mlyrin#1666 on 1/29/2013 2:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Moldran is just a 2010 ESL WoW Arena ESL Champion... i laugh hard to the people who says barb in pvp are op. Players are OP, not classes.

Wherever you fight an human opponent is SKILL, even if you are just mashing one button.
Reply Quote

Using your environment is a strategy in every game since ever. Your rant is the equivalent to someone who just mindlessly runs around in an FPS game, get sniped, and then whines about camping.

Going back to town isnt the same thing as hiding to regen. Nothing is stopping you from seeking out your opponent when he is hurt and hiding, going back to town is different because it RESETS the match. I'd just leave the game if my opponent did this.

And pvp does require skill, much of the skill comes from properly gearing your character and selecting the skills for the matchup. Remember how everyone (including myself) said that barbs are garbage in pvp when 1.07 ptr initially landed? Well guess what they are now one of the top classes in pvp because the good barb players have figured out what skills/gear are good for pvp.

Bottomline is pvp isnt pvm, the people who are crying the loudest are the ones who don't understand that its a totally different game.

Guys please... Get my point. I play fighting games way more than I play D3 so trust me when I say PvP does not take any skill other than getting used to which button casts which skill. Duelling in D3 is in no way balanced so all I'm saying is there's no point in taking it seriously. If you run away and hide behind walls to regen health, you obviously think that duelling is a legitimate indicator of who's better.

Even in FPS games like CS, camping is, although annoying, still a strategy because there, everyone has access to pretty much the same set of weapons and etc. Not in D3. Classes/characters are vastly different in ability and gear. There's no balance ergo there's no reason to claim superiority over someone else just because you were able to kill them. So if you're hiding behind walls, you're just being a little @*%#*@%%#.

Everyone has access to the same set of weapons in FPS games but the same thing can also be said about items and builds in diablo, nobody is stuck with a wiz or barb, you can play any class you like. As for items... well diablo has always been a loot based game, thats the whole pt of the game - to find loot that will allow you to build the spec that will defeat your opponents in pvp. I will readily admit that farming the gear to pvp isnt something that will appeal to everyone, but you dont have to bash it if you dont like it. Nobody goes around saying that PVM is silly because it requires no skills to pwn the same AI over and over again 100000000 times.

You say people who hide behind walls are *whatever*. What you dont get is that even fighting games have strategies that focus on retreating or "turtling", I've seen people get angry and start fights over this in arcades. Btw many fighting games have poor balance too, there are even recognised char tiers in the community, even in supposedly perfectly balanced fighters like VF.
Reply Quote
I definitely played you on the PTR before Eric, we had some great Wiz vs Wiz and Wiz vs WD duels . You sure have some serious damage!

Try my anti barb build if you ever get around to it!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ZdQXkT!Wdh!aacaZZ
Edited by Treegun#1311 on 1/29/2013 4:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
This thread is on the front page, lol. Congrats, I suppose, eric
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 02:44 AMPosted by Mlyrin
I feel the same way. hp regen should be nerfed in pvp. They wanted it to be a "go in there and explode someone instantely" thing and that's pretty much impossible with the walls and hp regen. It's a strategy but I think it's pretty abusable as far as strategies go.

you should have seen WD's insane regen haha.

i can't believe Blizz is even considering nerfing dmge on pVp coz of noobsters ranting about how they got 1-shot'ed wearing their farming gear
Edited by yems#6688 on 1/29/2013 6:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
Nitrocan is right, D3 pvp has very little to do with skill. Skill based pvp would be like Gears of War 1 (minus the host advantage issues)...maps, player spawns, loadouts, and weapon spawns were essentially equal/symmetrical. Now THAT is balance. Capcom also makes godlike pvp in UMvC3 and SSF4, anybody has access to any character and all "tech."

Wizards are arguably the worst class in PVP, and it becomes painfully obvious at gear levels over 1B when compared to other classes.

P.S. Nitrocan if you play on xboxlive my brother would love to run sets with you on UMvC3
Reply Quote
Couldn't you have just surprise one-shotted that barb with the exploding archon as soon as he entered the arena? Or at least teleport on top of him, then explode? Your dps is insane, I would think it would work as long as his ignore pain isnt up. It says over 500k on your profile! Is there a link to that barb's profile so I can see his gear to compare the two of you?
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 09:05 AMPosted by ChadBroChill
Couldn't you have just surprise one-shotted that barb with the exploding archon as soon as he entered the arena? Or at least teleport on top of him, then explode? Your dps is insane, I would think it would work as long as his ignore pain isnt up. It says over 500k on your profile! Is there a link to that barb's profile so I can see his gear to compare the two of you?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Moldran-2176/hero/272819

also, arcane destruction is a dice roll. if it gets dodged, you're gonna get stunned and then have to cancel archon to so you can cast mirror image, if you are even still alive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]