Diablo® III

So I dueled Moldran in front of 2k viewers...

I feel insulted.

Pls no negs

Your Wizard is an insult.

Oh and negged.................................... on that other forum.
Reply Quote
Wow Moldran guys knows what he's doing in pvp. Wonder if he duels any top pvp WD's...
Reply Quote
The duels were kinda sad. I would expect a caster or ranged class to use hit and run tactics, but a barb playing like a ranged class is just wrong.

I had a feeling the pvp would suck, as there is too much burst damage, and not enough mitigation to cut off the overkill.

Now players will count as elites, so sojs will be a must have for dueling, as if damage isnt overly bursty as it is. I love pvp, but im thinking seriously about not even bothering because i cant afford billions in gear so i can play 1 shot fest, and even if i could, dueling looks so mindless and broken, that its just not worth it.

I guess ill have to get my competitive fix from quake. At least there is some skill involved...
Reply Quote
The duels were kinda sad. I would expect a caster or ranged class to use hit and run tactics, but a barb playing like a ranged class is just wrong.

I had a feeling the pvp would suck, as there is too much burst damage, and not enough mitigation to cut off the overkill.

Now players will count as elites, so sojs will be a must have for dueling, as if damage isnt overly bursty as it is. I love pvp, but im thinking seriously about not even bothering because i cant afford billions in gear so i can play 1 shot fest, and even if i could, dueling looks so mindless and broken, that its just not worth it.

I guess ill have to get my competitive fix from quake. At least there is some skill involved...

Your comment about the billions is absolutely right. The key to PVP in D3 is having high EHP along with high DPS. Most farming / PVE specs are just pure DPS, but without any good EHP.

Well as we know to get good DPS AND EHP it's as simple as spending like 10x more for your equipment. Each piece costs a billion or w/e.

as expected pvp will be pay to win.
Also the lack of a game lobby and 4 player limit with no parties will cause it to sputter out.

D3 pvp won't endure as long as d2 pvp did.
Reply Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpUK_p2rAWE

yeah i got pwned unfortunately
A pay 2 win wizard got pwned by Moldran, doesn't surprise me at all.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 10:05 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
A pay 2 win wizard got pwned by Moldran, doesn't surprise me at all.

Oy. Eric has actually played this game, or did you not even bother to check his profile before inserting foot into mouth?
Reply Quote

Your comment about the billions is absolutely right. The key to PVP in D3 is having high EHP along with high DPS. Most farming / PVE specs are just pure DPS, but without any good EHP.

Well as we know to get good DPS AND EHP it's as simple as spending like 10x more for your equipment. Each piece costs a billion or w/e.

as expected pvp will be pay to win.
Also the lack of a game lobby and 4 player limit with no parties will cause it to sputter out.

D3 pvp won't endure as long as d2 pvp did.

I dont think d3 will endure as long ad d2 did. They did some things right with d3, but what made d2 have such longevity isnt in this game. I dont feel like im playing diablo, i feel like im playing a spin off of wow.

I remember dueling/team pvping in d2 classic before all the 1 shotting, and synergized nonsense, and if you had playing ability, you could beat someone with better gear/much higher level, or whatever.

This just looks like the biggest credit card/gold pile wins, otherwise enjoy being 1 shot and having no chance. Blizzard went for more money over designing quality, and it shows.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 12:11 AMPosted by Effinlag

You could try PlanetSide 2.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 12:44 PMPosted by jenpeezey

You could try PlanetSide 2.

Thats a good idea too. Not sure if my laptop will run it well, but farming gets stale after a bit, so breaking the monotony of a3 is needed!
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 02:44 AMPosted by Kush
ie: if you reduce PvP damage by 75% universal reduction, then also reduce life steal to 20%(inferno penalty), Life on Hit reduced 50% + capped at 1.5k, Life Regen reduced 25% + capped at 3k, dodge capped at 75% max, block capped at 50% max, reduction from armor capped at 75%, reduction from resistance capped at 75%.

Im sorry but its people like this who will ruin Diablo3

Lifesteal and LoH do not to be nerfed or capped at all lifesteal is not that good in pvp, and proc rates make LoH balanced. LoH and LS cant be used when a player is stunned,feared, charmed, or trying to hit a invisible dh...so they do not need to be reduced.

As a Barb I can withstand a lot of dmg, but I have been killed in 2 shots ( less than 1 sec) by a 400k+ dps DH. But that is how pvp is supposed to be, I'll go 1v1 against monks where we fight for 1-2 mins before one of us can finally kill the other. That's why its fun, if you don't have those extremes what is the point?

But what your asking for is to have everything be the same, so all players have the same armor, all res, dodge, block...do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

That's what makes our char's different from each other. one who wants to get 500k dps with 20k hp can do so....and another who wants 200k hp / 13k armor with 5k dps can do so.

IF you cap everything, there is no point to play anymore...why not just give us a char with gear already on them so every one is equal!

so stupid...

I agree with this guy. This isnt wow. Its not suppose to be balanced. Learn to play and not get hit just like d2. Same as If you got hit with 3 to4 hammers by a hdin then you were dead. (Depends on char of course). If this became "balanced' id be out of here.
Reply Quote
1.07's pvp is just a rushed attempt of blizz to keep players pre occupied.. it wont last for months
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 07:47 PMPosted by KillerElite
That just goes to show how OP barbs are. Notice his fury was always full. He was spamming sprint at a cost of 20 fury per use and he was still full. A 5 piece IK set bonus and the right passive skill and resources are not a problem. Weapon throw should cost 10 fury but with a -5 fury cost Ik belt and a -5 SOJ, he can spam weapon throw till the end of time. Weapon throw is deadly with a 50% chance to stun for 1.5 seconds. Not to mention fully buffed with WOTB a barb can hit 84% MS and be immune to CC for 15 seconds. How is any class supposed to duel that?

I love how initially people were saying how underpowered barbs are when pvp came out, and now that a good pvp build has been discovered that gives them a chance (the only chance) they're OP.
Reply Quote
Not to mention fully buffed with WOTB a barb can hit 84% MS and be immune to CC

how would you even run away from WOTB barb lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]