Diablo® III

Why would some1 sell Emeralds to 100 gold?

Hi,

first of all i am banned in EU forums (surelly its a mistake since hundreds are banned for nothing). I simply post this thread there and got banned :)).

What is your opinion on the following:

Radiant Star Emerald use to be 35M on EU.. now its @ 28.5M.

However, someone is selling RS with 100 gold (i got 2 so far!!).

Selling with 100 gold, will decrease the average last 10 trades. Now it is down to 15m average last 10 trades.

Also it has an impact on "last day trades".

In the same manner, someone is selling flawless square for 100 gold (it is 10,500 now and use to be 18k).

When i try to sell a RS, i get a suggestion from AH following last 10 trades...which is 15M.

Could all this actions being performed to dump the price of gems (again)?

In december it was down to 4.5m a RS emerald.

any thoughts?
Edited by Vlahul#1940 on 1/27/2013 10:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Who gives a crap? If some dummy wants to sell gems way below a reasonable value, and the player base benefits, why is that an issue? Regardless of his reasons it can only help other players...if someone makes their money off the commodities market, good for them but who has the time to sit around and combine gems for profit anyway?

Secondly, if you got banned for this, why repost it? Open a ticket with Blizzard and ask why.
Edited by Japhasca#1443 on 1/27/2013 10:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
hmm, its probably due to chance, just like the 4 tal ammy with identical stats on the us server:)
Reply Quote
uh, it's probably a typo or a bug. i once got a radiant star ruby plan for 365 gold buyout. no explanation, but probably just a user-end mistake.

granted, the text is damn hard to decipher at the millions-billions mark. blizzard, give us commas
Reply Quote
Could it be that someone started dupping en mass again?
Reply Quote
you bought them before the owner could buy them back, in his attempt to lower overall cost of the gem
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 11:03 PMPosted by Eyeless
you bought them before the owner could buy them back, in his attempt to lower overall cost of the gem

spot on there.
Reply Quote
its one of the many players manipulating commodities to lower the price then buy them up you just meddled with their schemes cause they mean to buy back the gems they list for so cheap themselves this has been a big problem on ah for months and just another big issue blizzard does not want to fix
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Regenerator
hmm, its probably due to chance, just like the 4 tal ammy with identical stats on the us server:)

This
Reply Quote

You answered your own thread question.

Thoughts?

It's a free market.
People can buy and sell items for whatever they want with or without research.
Reply Quote
It seems like a determined botwork to lower the RS Emerald prices.
Reply Quote
they are driving prices down in anticipation of 1.0.7
prices of rubies will probably go up as well as essences and brimstone
Reply Quote

You answered your own thread question.

Thoughts?

It's a free market.
People can buy and sell items for whatever they want with or without research.

Of course, everyone is free to sell 9mil and 28mil worth gems for 100 gold each :)
Reply Quote
you were banned because you are explaining an working exploit so more people can use it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]