Diablo® III

Where can i get some armor?

My APS is 2.76 and my Crit chance is at exactly 50. I'm basically right at the breakpoints, but i can't really find ways to maintain it and add all res + armor onto my wizard, or at least i can't afford to. I have 66 million to spend, which is not that much, i figured i'd be able to find at least one significant upgrade.
Reply Quote
You can change your shoulders for some with 200str/200int to gain some armor. Pretty cheap. You will probably lose damage, but you can get all res on your pants for fairly cheap, armor will make them a little more expensive. And you can also get a tals chest with either armor or all res for not too terribly high. Keep in mind that adding both all res AND armor to these items with significantly raise the price.

EDIT: You will be losing some vitality as well, but you are sitting at 41k so you've got some wiggle room.
Edited by Megatog#1713 on 1/27/2013 2:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
i've have got a Shoulder vile ward selling, if ya interested juz let me know...
195 str
189 int
82 vit
72 RA
255 AR
321 LG
Reply Quote
I dont really see the importance of RA and Armor, i dont worry bout it on my char, and i can solo MP6 ubers pretty easily (havent tried higher) and carried 2 other people on mp 7 uber against fat poison guy and the maghda and skelton king. What do you all think about the importance?
Reply Quote
Mitigation. Allows you to not use Energy Armor and instead use Storm Armor - Shocking Aspect for more dmg. You will also be able to switch to Diamond Shards instead of Crystal Shell.
Reply Quote
What is mitigation? that a fancy word for more defense?
Reply Quote
Combination of different stats to help reduce incoming damage. Str, armor, all res, int, are typically biggest. Dext offers dodge and obviously vit offers life, but having a big health pool alone wont keep you alive.
Reply Quote
Vit, after a certain point, is less important than mitigation solely because of LoH and LS. Think +1k LoH and how fast that gets depleted when you take 1k damage per sec (just an example), versus +1k LoH and 500 damage per sec.

@NinjaPanda, the fastest place would probably be the chest and shoulders. You really don't need that much Vit there. TR chest with armor is really cheap. I got mine for 4mil, and it even has PuR.

Vile Wards with extra Str is also good for armor, but you'll have to wait around for a good bid snipe. For reference, mine was 10mil.

Witching Hours with armor aren't that bad either. For reference, mine was 20mil, IIRC. I think you can drop your HP by 3k-4k and you wouldn't even notice a difference.
Edited by Eve#1328 on 1/27/2013 3:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah i've noticed a lot of the top end wizards have like 5k armor unbuffed. Isn't that a bit overkill? I know i could never hit that level and maintain my HP and DPS, but is 4k armor a good spot to hit or should i continue aiming for more?

It would be probably best to just put all this stuff in an EHP calculator or something.
Reply Quote
add me in game. i have rings with 70 AR/200 Armor/9 IAS/4.5 CC and similar rings with int/vit. This would help with your EHP, add me in game will be back home in 1hr
Reply Quote
Replace either vit or the regen on ur chest for 350+ armour
U have excess vit anyway,

also what the otehr poster said about Str on vile wrds
Reply Quote
Those gloves are weakest. AR ARMOR INT ones are way less than 60m. Vile is ez too like 190 STR ones.

later

1. AR ARMOR Tal rashy chest
2. AR AMOR WH
3. AR ARMOR BT pants
4. Get rid of source and get a vit source to get VIT back you just about to lose.
5. NATS boots and a AR INT nats ring.

GD i hate lacuni. destroyer of builds unless u got like 1b.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/27/2013 11:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 10:35 PMPosted by LaNinjaPanda
Yeah i've noticed a lot of the top end wizards have like 5k armor unbuffed. Isn't that a bit overkill?

It isn't.

01/27/2013 10:35 PMPosted by LaNinjaPanda
It would be probably best to just put all this stuff in an EHP calculator or something.

EHP calculator is a misstatement for CM like paper DPS. It doesn't calculate LS or LoH

01/27/2013 11:10 PMPosted by Aimless
5. NATS boots and a AR INT nats ring.

You want a +stg or+vit secondary stat
Reply Quote
Yeah i've noticed a lot of the top end wizards have like 5k armor unbuffed. Isn't that a bit overkill? I know i could never hit that level and maintain my HP and DPS, but is 4k armor a good spot to hit or should i continue aiming for more?

I have 161K unbuffed and 195K unbuffed with my OS wand and run 5600 armor. If I wasnt so lazy about it and got armor on pants too it would be more like 6000 armor unbuffed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]