Diablo® III

ACID STRIKE BUG fixed yet?

a build i'd like to try but gave up a while ago since it kept on crashing. 3x 160% dps imagine with 3 ias? would be nice to try out....

after all the patches, never heard of a bug fix for acid strike....

BLUES?
Reply Quote
i want to know, too....
i got computer hang up everytime i used acid strike...
i did post it on the bug forum...but someone tested out and he is fine with it...
so, i just gave up....
Reply Quote
because it bugs in certain condition and playing 5 mins with it is not enough to say it's fine. dang that's some issue that i have the feeling will never be fixed!
Reply Quote
not sure of the problem. I've used acidstrike without issue. I only do 2.77aps so not quite 9 shots per second... but game doesn't crash on me.

Typically I run different bola runes but have not encountered issues when I use AcidStrike. Acidstrike has lost some of it's luster it once had since it no longer has any AOE effects.

The other problem with AcidStrike is the shots are not all in a line. If you are going for single targets (ie elite champs) the acid-strike bola shots move around and not all will typically connect with the target unless you are virtually face-tanking them.

I'd have to do a recording for normal hitting distance (ie 15-20yrd distance) to see how many shots are connecting vs not connecting because of the movement of the shots. I, as many others, tend now to like the Thunder or Immanent runes over the acidstrike.

I will test this again on MP0 see if I can experience what y'all are saying is going on.
Edited by BubbaGump#1297 on 1/28/2013 8:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
I thought i was the only person that had my computer crashing while using the triple shot bola glad to see other people experiencing this problem please fix!
Reply Quote
I thought i was the only person that had my computer crashing while using the triple shot bola glad to see other people experiencing this problem please fix!

same.
its awesome to watch tho @ 3.22 asp.
Reply Quote
yep still bugged D3 froze in about 30min of gameplay, i missed that build, actually had fun with that in mp5...i remember complaining about this months back on the bug report section.

I don't know if it'll ever get patched.
Reply Quote
Just tried this out for a little while to see what would happen.

D3 froze in Rakkis after about 5-15 min.

Cool build for high aps but like Bubba said the "spray pattern" of the shots is pretty annoying at a single target in excess of 15yrds.

Would also like to note that if you are above 3aps it seams that some of the shots end up lost. I tried a range of 3.2 to 3.7aps and it seamed to happen in this area.

I would say this at least on the graphics end. Not sure if the shots themselves make it through to damage computation, but at least from the visual some were definitely missing.
Reply Quote
@empire you and your 3.7 APS.... you sick puppy ..... and GRATS on being tied for #1 on Diabloprogress for APS. That is really freeeeekin awesome.

back to topic at hand. Strange I hadn't fallen into this issue before but I switched from acid to thunder a bit ago.

Seems kinds silly to not use a skill that crashes your comp. Would seem more "computer" related than server related. (ie fps too high or GPU not able to handle it).
Reply Quote

Seems kinds silly to not use a skill that crashes your comp. Would seem more "computer" related than server related. (ie fps too high or GPU not able to handle it).

I agree. Naturally when going full out the fps dipped a little and I attributed the "lost shots" to simple framerate display. Tested it a little in town and then ran into keeps... tp'ed back to town and then hit Rakkis. 3 or so minutes into Rakkis I thought I hit a lag spike and then the game crashed.

Never had it die before but i can see what some of you are talking about. This is the first I have ever heard of this but has anyone experienced/known about it for a while now? What patch did it appear in?
Reply Quote
Ever since 1.0.4 i kept crashing it in the keep maybe because i only farm act 3 and always start in the keep. however i read similar post about imminent crash when the shots were realized on different level, like higher grounds or lower grounds. it's been an issue for the longest i've known.
Reply Quote
just used AcidStrike for over 1.5hrs. Tested lower MPs and higher MPs using Acidstrike as primary skill. Did Core, Keep 1, 2, 3, Skycrown and Stonefort for lower and higher MPs .. no issues. No matter what I did I was not able to get it to crash. Running 2.77 APS. This game runs on my resolution just fine. I'm running dual 23" widescreen LED Monitors each configured to run 1920x1080

as far as "video" setup in options I have set:

Windowed (fullscreen)
Unchecked Letterbox
Unchecked Vertical Sync
150 Max Foreground FPS
8 Max Background APS
texture quality = high
Shadow Quality = off
Physics = low
Clutter Density = off
Anti-Aliasing = unchecked
Low FX = checked
Edited by BubbaGump#1297 on 1/28/2013 6:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
just used AcidStrike for over 1.5hrs. Tested lower MPs and higher MPs using Acidstrike as primary skill. Did Core, Keep 1, 2, 3, Skycrown and Stonefort for lower and higher MPs .. no issues. No matter what I did I was not able to get it to crash. Running 2.77 APS. This game runs on my resolution just fine. I'm running dual 23" widescreen LED Monitors each configured to run 1920x1080

as far as "video" setup in options I have set:

Windowed (fullscreen)
Unchecked Letterbox
Unchecked Vertical Sync
150 Max Foreground FPS
8 Max Background APS
texture quality = high
Shadow Quality = off
Physics = low
Clutter Density = off
Anti-Aliasing = unchecked
Low FX = checked

What video card/CPU you are using?
I run my D3 with my Samsung laptop which featured with i7-3610/650M video card.
I enjoy the fast shotting but it crashed after 15 mins....
Reply Quote
Not a gaming system at all

It is a HP computer

Running AMD Phenom II x4 840T 2.9ghz (quad core)
Graphics CArd is AMD RADEON HD 6450
Reply Quote
Hmm...
Seems like mine is better than yours...:D

just post the thread to General discussion forum...
Reply Quote
I ran Acid Strike today also. i'm on a Lenovo Y570 NVidia GT 555M, Core i7 Sandybridge, 8GB RAM, which is actually in the midst of post-over-heating problems.

I actually hated the skill. It didn't do remotely as well for me as other Bola Runes like Thunderball or ID.

So yeah, it didn't crash on me at all.

I eventually quit it because I couldn't stand the skill.
Edited by Oscar#1292 on 1/28/2013 9:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
The other problem with AcidStrike is the shots are not all in a line. If you are going for single targets (ie elite champs) the acid-strike bola shots move around and not all will typically connect with the target unless you are virtually face-tanking them.

not sure of the problem. I've used acidstrike without issue. I only do 2.77aps so not quite 9 shots per second... but game doesn't crash on me.

It definately still crashes, but just for the record unless im gravely mistaken acid strike DOES NOT stack per bola for damage, thats why it spreads for 3 hits........it will still hit for a small amount of poison damage but it does not do the bola 160% until the first bola explodes.
Reply Quote
Well let's ask them for sth new then haha... Hmm thinking about which i play on my laptop too...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]