Diablo® III

Official request for unauthorized 3rd party soft list

As an End User of Blizzard services in order to use company products (Diablo 3) I need to accept End User Agreement License (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/d3_eula.html).

I think that Blizzard needs to specify (at least) some statements in EULA. There is a lot of confusion due to ban accounts for using third party applications, but we really don't know what apps are "unauthorized". Is mouse vendor software an unauthorized software (for eg. that changes mouse speed=precision)?

Players need clarification about EULA part:
cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game experience, including without limitation, mods that violate the terms of this License Agreement or the Terms of Use;

I think that Diablo 3 (or even whole Blizzard) community deserves it.

For all players out there, please support that idea, sign like a petition ;), link from other threads that are about 3rd party applications etc.
Reply Quote
Signed.

My other post about that same subject got deleted lol.. It was a little more broad and mentioned multiboxing, though. Hope yours get answered.
Reply Quote
I don't think you will get such a black-list.... New programs pop up all the time.
Reply Quote
Sighed.

By default you should assume that any 3rd party tool that messes up with D3's memory is not authorized.

Instead, ask for a list of authorized things.

I'll start:
- DarkD3 (Source: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?829274-Jay-wilson-on-the-Darkd3-filter )
Reply Quote
Sighed.

By default you should assume that any 3rd party tool that messes up with D3's memory is not authorized.

I'll start:
- DarkD3 (Source: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?829274-Jay-wilson-on-the-Darkd3-filter )
you take extreme liberties in calling that authorized. "no ban is likely" != "you will not be banned" not even close. to put it another way: "I wouldn't bet my $60 and hundreds of hours of playtime on that guy's word." (especially now that he's quit/fired. an official authorization would be nice tho. darkd3 looks sweet.
Reply Quote
*looks at op's profile*
"No heroes exist on this account."

soooo, you got banned for using a software now u're trying to use the 2 bits of info u learned in ur introductory law class to weasel ur way out of this eh? LOL
Reply Quote
^
Intelligence incarnate...
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/HorriblyBlue-2705/
Reply Quote
Sighed.

I'll start:

A list of authorized things would be nice. I would really like to use darkD3 but i don't want to risk it until Blizzard actually officially comes out and says "No you will not get banned for using this awesome graphics mod."
Reply Quote
DarkD3 doesn't modify the game experience.

To clarify what they mean by game experience it is based entirely on YOUR interaction in the environment. Not the environment itself. That means if you modify your run speed, attack speed, attack power and/or the various other ways you interact with the game. It covers automation in that if you automate your interaction with the environment that is abuse.

This also means that multiboxing would be legitimate. In that multiboxed instances, all operated by the same player, are still within the constraints of interacting as expected with the environment / service.

I would clarify that section a bit to explain it in this way:

cheats, hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to alter or automate interaction to the service, including without limitation, mods that violate the terms of this License Agreement or the Terms of Use;

Wording it this way clarifies the issue I think.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 03:10 AMPosted by HorriblyBlue
I think that Blizzard needs to specify (at least) some statements in EULA. There is a lot of confusion due to ban accounts for using third party applications, but we really don't know what apps are "unauthorized". Is mouse vendor software an unauthorized software (for eg. that changes mouse speed=precision)?

I actually think that Blizzard shouldn't have to make a list because it would be ever changing/growing & their current statement is enough. It's pretty easy to understand. Anything that gives a player an advantage that is not provided by Blizzard is going to be ban-able. It just is. You can also follow the old adage, "When in doubt, DON'T DO IT."

Also, I would assume mouse vendor software would be ban-able since it gives a person an advantage in the game that is not normally provided. I mean, you have an advantage as someone who can move his mouse to click around faster or can lock onto items or whatever.

01/28/2013 07:16 AMPosted by RottingSoul
A list of authorized things would be nice. I would really like to use darkD3 but i don't want to risk it until Blizzard actually officially comes out and says "No you will not get banned for using this awesome graphics mod."

I suspect you've already gotten the best you are going to with "no ban is likely". This is due to them wanting to leave the door open for people who find some way to exploit an otherwise benign program into something that alters the game.

For example, let's say someone is using a program that is marketed to change the graphics to be more realistic or look like D2 sprites or something. If D2 puts it on the okay list, but finds out that the program also has a some poorly written code that when used in X way lets you boost the legendaries droprate or something else sneaky (that the user might not even know about), then Blizz is sort of stuck as people may have gotten the program based on their putting it on their play-able list. Even if they take it off the list, people who didn't find out in time or don't know how to uninstall it completely will get hit with a ban. Blizz will make the ban sweep because that kind of stuff can't be allowed, but it just makes them look bad.

If there is no okay-ed by Blizz list, then they can ban people if they find a program is used as some sort of cheat or exploit.

You'll just need to decide if you trust Blizz enough not to ban you for using something that alters the game, but does not give you an advantage.
Reply Quote
I would like a list of authorized unauthorized software please. And please provide me the interoperability results of the testing of this unauthorized software.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
*looks at op's profile*
"No heroes exist on this account."

soooo, you got banned for using a software now u're trying to use the 2 bits of info u learned in ur introductory law class to weasel ur way out of this eh? LOL

As Elexar noted, I'm playin on EU servers, so this pity attempt to discredit me and this thread has failed.

No I was not banned because I'm not using any software related to Diablo III.

I'm using my PC for work and for gaming, problem lies in the middle. In work I use automation software (not designed and usable in Diablo III, at least to my knowledge) but if someday forgot to close some app that Blizzard HAVE on unauthorized soft list...

It's not about the obvious software, LootAlerts, daemonbuddies or other cheat/exploit stuff.

01/28/2013 05:37 AMPosted by vexorian

It cannot be done that way.

Whitelisting works like that: App A,B,C is legit and everything (missed the point of my post in first place).

Blacklisting combined with whitelist is best solution.

I actually think that Blizzard shouldn't have to make a list because it would be ever changing/growing & their current statement is enough. It's pretty easy to understand. Anything that gives a player an advantage that is not provided by Blizzard is going to be ban-able.

As mentioned by other players infamous Dark3D (didn't use, because of obvious reasons) but how that application gives advantage? Changing hue/saturation will give me what power against someone that don't use it?

But... I'll fully accept that it is BANABLE if it will be on such list... Blizzard will say NO! It's fine with me.

There is a thread about Multiboxing, few months ago some player from EU was banned for multiboxing (perma ban) and now Blizz says that we can multibox anytime (as long we don't "automate" whatever that means ;D).

01/28/2013 07:44 AMPosted by unaligned1
For example, let's say someone is using a program that is marketed to change the graphics to be more realistic or look like D2 sprites or something. If D2 puts it on the okay list, but finds out that the program also has a some poorly written code that when used in X way lets you boost the legendaries droprate or something else sneaky (that the user might not even know about), then Blizz is sort of stuck as people may have gotten the program based on their putting it on their play-able list. Even if they take it off the list, people who didn't find out in time or don't know how to uninstall it completely will get hit with a ban. Blizz will make the ban sweep because that kind of stuff can't be allowed, but it just makes them look bad.

Really, not so hard to accomplish. Blizzard have our permission to scan RAM for ... anything. So is it so hard to upgrade Diablo for notices such as:
"You are running unauthorized NAME_HERE application that may interfere with Diablo III and may lead to ban account. To avoid this situation please exit game client, close NAME_HERE and run Diablo III again" and [QUIT] [LOGIN ANYWAY] options.
It's not that hard, some of applications eg (from top of my head) Adobe Photoshop require to close Firefox before install... why I don't know but Adobe knows.

Simple? simple.
Reply Quote
I didn't finish sentence in my previous post:

01/28/2013 09:54 AMPosted by HorriblyBlue
Whitelisting works like that: App A,B,C is legit and everything (missed the point of my post in first place).

I meant:

Whitelisting works like that: App A,B,C is legit and everything else is forbidden (missed the point of my post in first place).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]