Diablo® III

[GUIDE] TianZi's Guide to Strafe:Demolition

you cannot ditch vengeance. 25 hatred is 1/6th of your total hatred pool and 2 disc is also a lot. Vengeance is almost a requirement for this build. Even with the templar, if i didnt have vengeance, there is no way i could possibly sustain strafe.
Reply Quote
@ Rea1ity
Yeah, you're right. Nightstalker would definitely go before Vengeance. I haven't used a Manti in some time and had different memories with Night Bane. Looks like it's back to Shadow Glide!
Reply Quote
I strafed to 100 and I can attest that its simply put the most effecient way of grinding that grueling grind. TianZi has an extremely solid guide here and I definitely recommend it.

I would like to stress a few points. VENGANCE + PICKUP RADIUS is a must. I topped out at 41 p/u radius. It does get quite expensive on certain gear such as Inna's favor/temperance, Vile Wards with a good amount of dex gets up there too. I used a nats embrace with strafe cc/ hatred regen and pickupradius. Picked it up for 60k on the AH. I also did have a decent amount of IAS though it is not recommended without practice or you will empty that hatred in a decent amount of time. I kept my DML with 20 ias and EA bonus. I grinded at 188k dps using 2 sock mantilauncher. I would say all the gear was roughly 15m or so (build specific).

I ran the manditory Veng/Nightstalker/Tact Adnvatage.
Strafe/every single rune (to switch it up) mainly drifting shadow solo but rocket storm with farming with me paragon buddy who also strafed.
EA/Ball lighting
Vault/Tumble
VICOUS BAT
Prep/Backup plan
Shadowpower/Night bane

Route:
Core to WP - Skycrown - Rakkis - Fields - Keeps 2

Demolitions is great for lower DPS but an aquired taste and hard to master. But each to his own, were all DH's here and it all comes down to play stlye, the best class in D3.

I did run a Leorics which was a 27%, upgraded from a 21 when I hit 90.

Biggest tip I can give is quit looking at it as a math equation or xp per minute/hour. Get a base line and have fun with it or you will never hit that magic 100 number. I did around 80-90m per hour and occasionally dropped that by as much as 20m per/hour just to keep it fun and try different ways to face check packs of hells minions using strafe.

OH AND ONE LAST THING: I hit 100 and STILL strafe. Why? Xp is just a by product of the core principle of strafe: FARMING. You will lose a big reason mentally after you hit 100 to even keep playing untill you except the fact your only farming for those bright beautifull (and mostly disappointing) beams in the sky. I also have no problems answering or confirming any questions reguarding this build of variations thereof.

EDIT: Its not uncommon to own 10-15 nat embraces at any given time, lol.... just saying. Also, hit 100 after killing the best uniques in the game, Team Unicorn. Did screenshot it to cause thats just epic.
Edited by Sagev#1501 on 1/30/2013 3:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have seen quite a number of people now mention having 41P/U...while I understand its important for vengence, is 41radius really necessary? Wouldnt something like 15-20 be enough?
Reply Quote
View profile
How important is pickup radius for this build? Thinking of getting more on my shoulders to try out this build. I'll be using a Strafe Inquisitor as my chest piece.
Reply Quote
41 Pickup is not required by any means, I would say 20ish is good. But pickup radius beyond 30 is more luxury so you dont have to aim for the globes, also huge money in the process.
Reply Quote
As above. For a build that is not too dependant on high dps why not use Templar's ability for hatred regen? Would it not be more efficient to use Templar for regen and ditch Vengeance & keep Nightstalker. I'm pretty reluctant to ditch Archery as a passive.

Strafe:Demo really doesn't/shouldn't have hatred issues even without the templar. The 3% crit +damage(or snare) from scoundrel is worth more then the 1hatred gen from templar. Even when running at 100k DPS vengeance should provide enough hatred. Only real exceptions is players using bows or hand xbows, which already need a hatred generator anyways.

If someone actually needs templar to keep their hatred up when using the Demo rune, they're more then likely overkilling mobs, shooting mobs from long range, or not picking up health globes. Basically 3 things that are probably slowing down their farming efficiency.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Bankai
I have seen quite a number of people now mention having 41P/U...while I understand its important for vengence, is 41radius really necessary? Wouldnt something like 15-20 be enough?

15-20 radius is enough. More than that basically just makes it a little easier to not miss globes.
Reply Quote
I enjoy running the strafe DH... Makes me feel like a mini-barb only leaner and better looking...

Use and Enchantress equiped with the Maximus.. Like the demon she spawns, he can be a one-man wrecking crew at times..

If you like lots of flashing lights and sound, this is the build for you!!
Edited by Armandhammer#1215 on 2/1/2013 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Finding it extremely difficult to get my dps anywhere near 80k.

I was sitting at 79k dps using ball lightning build before i decided to try this (had to drop a lot of dps for eHP)

I geared up according to the gear listing now i'm sitting at 234,000 eHP but DPS has dropped to 43k dps? spent probably 15-20mil on gear.

Any advice?
Reply Quote
Passive Skills Sorry, You really don't get options on passives if you want high efficiency.Passive 1) Tactical AdvantagePretty much to move faster between point A and point B, and to move on top of mobs faster to maximize DPS. No point farming slow when you can farm fast..Passive 2) VengeanceUsed to restore hatred from health globes. Without vengeance and no hatred generator you'll constantly be standing around doing nothing..Passive 3) Night StalkerUsed to restore discipline so you can vault more. Walking is a waste of time when you can vault.

For lower MP speed runs you can skip Nightstalker if you go really high with pickup radius (25+) and add Cull the Weak (Cold SoJ) or Archery.
Reply Quote
@Sinbeast: Switch a few of those Amethysts in your gear to Emeralds. You will lose some health this way, but you look okay on defenses otherwise at the moment. As you get more health from other slots, switch more of those Amethysts to Emeralds.

Your dex is, on the whole, very low. Your jewelry has CritC and CritD, but in low amounts and with no avg damage or dex. CritC is, naturally, quite important for this build, but dex is important all around and should not be neglected.

Your resistances are largely coming from your jewelry, when there are much cheaper slots to get resist stats on (shoulders, pants). Your total resists are okay, they're just inefficiently distributed for your budget range.

Your manticore's low damage is holding you back. Look around in the 1 mil gold range for a nice 1-socket with 1100+ damage and the 2 mil range to possibly add some dex.

Rubies are currently very, very weak in weapons. You'll get more benefit out of an Emerald in your weapon.

You really need a full regear, to deal with inefficient distribution of your stats. But luckily, you can do this all on a pretty low budget. There's a good budget gearing guide up somewhere around here, if I can remember the title and find it....

Ah, found it. It's Genesis' build advice thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593579872
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 2/2/2013 4:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Finding it extremely difficult to get my dps anywhere near 80k.

I was sitting at 79k dps using ball lightning build before i decided to try this (had to drop a lot of dps for eHP)

I geared up according to the gear listing now i'm sitting at 234,000 eHP but DPS has dropped to 43k dps? spent probably 15-20mil on gear.

Any advice?

One of the other pretty big issues is you really need a emerald in your weapon. Ruby in weapon is more or less useless until patch 1.0.7 goes live.

Also you should get the innas pants for the 12% movespeed as well as the 2p set bonus. And Your cloak really needs the 8% strafe Crit bonus.
Reply Quote
What do you guys think of calamity with a shield for higher MP with the 1.07 changes?

(Higher MP give a ton of more exp)
Reply Quote
Does this build just not work on extremely small budgets? I tried to make this work on my budget of 5-6M but I couldn't quite get DPS to a manageable level. I'm just under the 400 AR and 40k HP but my DPS is only 59k. With such low DPS I cannot kill the mobs quick enough, especially elites, and I often die, destroying my speed.

I spent almost all my money and my barb still levels faster despite having a fraction of the gear. Should I just give up on my DH?
Reply Quote
Does this build just not work on extremely small budgets? I tried to make this work on my budget of 5-6M but I couldn't quite get DPS to a manageable level. I'm just under the 400 AR and 40k HP but my DPS is only 59k. With such low DPS I cannot kill the mobs quick enough, especially elites, and I often die, destroying my speed.

I spent almost all my money and my barb still levels faster despite having a fraction of the gear. Should I just give up on my DH?

It's up to you

Barbs are cheaper and easier to play while stronger.
Reply Quote
Just a note, when you use Shadow Power against Reflect/Chains/Molten ect... you NEED to briefly tap strafe for it to retake another "snapshot" of your stats with the new 15% life steal. Took me a few deaths to figure out why I wasn't healing anything.
Reply Quote
Hey, i have just bought a new crossbow to bring up my DPS for my strafe build.

Now it is sitting at 152k dps. Wondering which upgrade should i get to kil faster in MP0?

i am having 17PUR at the monent, maybe i should try to get it up by another 5-7? Innas belts gives that but is it costly right?

Sidetrack a bit, i have paid 50m for that crossbow in my profile, did i overpaid for it?

thanks!
Reply Quote

Barb is probably the best class to play at low budgets. I'd generally recommend atleast a 20m budget for strafe DH at low paragon levels since you really need about 80k DPS minimum (plus templar) for it to play out smoothly. If you still want to try playing StrafeDH you can add me in game, i think i still have some leftover gear from testing things that I can lend you to get your DPS up to 80k or so.

Now it is sitting at 152k dps. Wondering which upgrade should i get to kil faster in MP0?

i am having 17PUR at the monent, maybe i should try to get it up by another 5-7? Innas belts gives that but is it costly right?

Sidetrack a bit, i have paid 50m for that crossbow in my profile, did i overpaid for it?

I'd suggest for you to get a new quiver. You can get a better DML for less then 5m gold, search for either a 10 disc or 250+dex/250+vit one.

Inna's belts only get 1 random roll, so you;d lose like 80 dex if you wanted to switch to a pickup radius one. More pickup above what you already have will make it easier, but not necessarily faster to play.

I'm not really sure on xbow prices these days, but if i were to make a guess i'd say it's reasonable for a black damage xbow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]