Diablo® III

[GUIDE] TianZi's Guide to Strafe:Demolition

Nice guide I'm enjoying this build with mediocre gear that barely meets the minimum. I was starving for discipline and after fiddling around with gear and skill to make it work, I ended up replacing TA for Sharpshooter and I have been running pretty smooth. I was at 47% cc and 80K DPS so for those in a low tier gear instead of replacing your dps skills like SCloud, RoV, or FoK with Prep I think it's better to replace TA with SS since this will help you crit more as well as increasing your dmg to help you kill faster. You lose 2 seconds fast run from TA but your discipline orb will always be full which allow you to Vault more and better yet perma Gloom.
Reply Quote
I love this guide & have requested sticky. Please everyone, take 1 second and click the "Request Sticky" button above to highlight this awesome guide/build.

Interesting other rune/passive choices, I might have to try SS today after Euro maintenance...
Reply Quote
Now what I'm wondering is if Shuriken Cloud takes snapshot of SS damage considered that it takes snapshot of gloom. If anyone has done testing on this please help clarify.
Reply Quote
02/27/2013 12:45 AMPosted by Netadm1n
Now what I'm wondering is if Shuriken Cloud takes snapshot of SS damage considered that it takes snapshot of gloom. If anyone has done testing on this please help clarify.

It does. Quite nice
Reply Quote

It does. Quite nice

Thanks for the clarification man this would be sick for someone with 400K+ DPS 38% of that dmg you don't even need to strafe just Vault thru mob and that would kill it almost like the old trail of cinder lol.

Maybe one of you guys with sick DPS could test it out by stacking up paper dmg as high as possible and make a Shuriken Cloud build? Just a thought.
Edited by Netadm1n#1171 on 2/27/2013 2:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 10:50 PMPosted by Netadm1n
Nice guide I'm enjoying this build with mediocre gear that barely meets the minimum. I was starving for discipline and after fiddling around with gear and skill to make it work, I ended up replacing TA for Sharpshooter and I have been running pretty smooth. I was at 47% cc and 80K DPS so for those in a low tier gear instead of replacing your dps skills like SCloud, RoV, or FoK with Prep I think it's better to replace TA with SS since this will help you crit more as well as increasing your dmg to help you kill faster. You lose 2 seconds fast run from TA but your discipline orb will always be full which allow you to Vault more and better yet perma Gloom.

Are you sure 47% CC isn't enough? I ask because im on 51 and I don't have much trouble, I do have 29 extra disc though which does help somewhat.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 10:50 PMPosted by Netadm1n

I think I found your problem. You are missing 8% strafe crit on your chest. Strafe crit % is very important to this build and without it, you may not even be hitting the recommended DPS level of 80k since you lack a ton of strafe crit. It wasn't working for me until I got about 74k DPS and 14% strafe crit, then the engine started to run. Get a cloak with 8% strafe crit and you should be able to use TA again, which greatly speeds up your runs.
Reply Quote
Elicious I think the problem was such a small discipline pool or not enough crit. I got myself an SoJ with 7% strafe crit and now I can use TA again.
Reply Quote
I just wanted to thank the original poster, TianZi, along with everyone else who dared to ask questions or answer them! You guys helped me to find a fun class for farming, even with a very low budget! Merci! :)
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Netadm1n
Elicious I think the problem was such a small discipline pool or not enough crit. I got myself an SoJ with 7% strafe crit and now I can use TA again.

Exactly, Strafe crit % is very important to this build. The easiest ways to boost it seem to be on your cloak, SOJ, or Mara's ammy. With enough strafe crit% you shouldn't have any disc problems. With enough DPS, you shouldn't have any hatred problems. You need enough of both to make this run well.
Reply Quote
So I just read over this guide, and after having recently returned to D3 I'm looking forward to trying out this build once I get my first hellfire ring made. Now, I do have a fairly decent legacy nats set (though without the strafe crit on the chest), plus a newer set of gear that I usually use now—but a friend also directed me to this other +experience ring, Leoric's Signet, which I already have.

My question is, would it be better with this build to use both the hellfire ring and the leoric's signet with my regular gear, or would it be better to use the legacy nats set with just the hellfire ring? I'm not sure how much the legacy nats affects the speed and efficiency, or how much losing the one ring slot for 25% bonus xp affects it either.

Thanks for the great guide. :)
Reply Quote
actually having fun on my DH again, nice guide..
Reply Quote
stacked Magic Find, and just spinning and winning :)
Reply Quote
I'd really love to try this build out, but my EHP is so low. What would be the cheapest way for me to change my current gear setup to one that would work well for this build?

I want to plvl, but my main goal is to rush people from 1-60 using this DH(and strafe).
Reply Quote
View profile
I recommend grabbing a set of high dex depth diggers. The drop in attack speed will actually help you with hatred management, and also give you a healthy chunk of AR.

You don't need a ton of dps to run strafe in MP0 and MP1
Reply Quote
DELETED
Edited by Midas#1797 on 3/17/2013 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Is anyone else noticing that their Strafe damage is not triggering the life steal from Shadow Power? All of my other skills trigger it normally, but I'm having difficulty against DoT affixes when trying to run this on a budget because I can't heal. Is this a known bug? Is it by design? Or am I doing something wrong?
Reply Quote
Very fun build. Running it with my wife's TR monk. Good times had by all.
Reply Quote
Just hit 60 tonight. Am I good for low MP farming once I get into Inferno? Still working through Hell now.
Reply Quote
You don't need that much resistance

I do it just fine with 150 AR but 4200 armor.. then again i did have 135k dps (i just upgraded so im higher than that)

I really like this build though, seriously it is THE BEST.. so far ;] keep up the good work
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]