Diablo® III

Please fix Rakkis Crossing..

It runs terrible and i've tried everything. Every hardware setup to the best ssd to the 690.

If not, i dont think this game is for me anyway... everything is so expensive, and the loot thats being dropped is piss poor quality.
Reply Quote
I am running on an intel duo core2 2.4 ghz, which is pretty much ancient technology, and act 3 works kinda fine for me. I found a monk set chest that I sold for 300 mil. It's just luck. Keep trying.
Reply Quote
It's all about the drive. Try install D3 on a SSD
Reply Quote
^ What Daniel Said. Was running an I7 and FIOS and lagging like balls in stonefront and Rakkis especially.

Got a SSD and BOOM works fine now.

Theres a video out there on youtube that explains that its your HDD that makes you lag at times and if you run it from an SSD or even a USB stick it will run smoother than some HDD..sad but true.
Reply Quote
I have an laptop from 2009 a quadcore 2.0 ghz and a 5400 hd, but no problem running the game on act 3, but my connection to the internet is a cable instead of wifi, because on wifi i get lag problems.
Reply Quote
I also have some performance drops there.. First it was fine, but since 1 day ago i get some mayor drops there.
Reply Quote
I used to lag on rakkis. Reduced my sound channels from 128 to 64 and there is no more lag.
Reply Quote
Did everything you guys did and also read through every single topic about it. its not my pc.
Reply Quote
I had the same problem, take your sound channels down to the lowest point and raise them up one notch at a time until you find your sweet spot.

I don't know what it is about sound in this game that is so horrible coded but something is messed up.
Reply Quote
The best solution is to try and get a SSD or grab a 32 GB UBS drive and use the trick so the game reads its files from there.

Blizzard designed the game code poorly - the game has to load more information at once than it should due to design choices. A lot of people have had problems because of this fact - even people with good PCs.

I know my PC isn't top of the line anymore since I had it built in 2009 but I have a :

Quad-core Intel i7 920 2.66 ghz Oced to 3.75ghz with water cooling, Nvidia GTX 470 Video Card, 6 GB Ram, and a 1 TB Western Digital Sata HD ( 7200 rpm )

That is sufficiently above even the recommended hardware and I sometimes have problems in certain areas ( most commonly in act 3 ). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to buy a SSD or even a usb drive due to being unemployed due to disability.
Edited by Darmival#1276 on 1/26/2013 5:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have an I7-3770K, 16gig ram, and a SSD, and recently, I've been having issues with it as well.
Probably a poor Cox internet connection (their 50m tier service)
Reply Quote
I have an I7-3770K, 16gig ram, and a SSD, and recently, I've been having issues with it as well.
Probably a poor Cox internet connection (their 50m tier service)

I really doubt it is an internet issue since so many people have experienced the same problems - even people with really good PC systems.

In addition many people have posted that switching to a SSD hard drive or putting files onto a USB drive helped them. If it was an internet issue those things wouldn't make a difference.
Reply Quote
I also get very poor performance on this part of the game.... its unplayable and it doent happen anywhere else. FPS go down to single digits.

i5 2500K at 4.6, 8gig ram, SSD and 6970 @ 960mhz.
Reply Quote

Blizzard designed the game code poorly

nah, game smooth as silk, sorry I like my 1 sec load time. Come to think of it, it is actually quite an engineering achievement.
Reply Quote
Yeah, there's always this one spot in rakkis crossing that causes me to get weird lag and slowdown, but in all the other areas I usually don't have a problem.
Reply Quote
It runs terrible and i've tried everything. Every hardware setup to the best ssd to the 690.

If not, i dont think this game is for me anyway... everything is so expensive, and the loot thats being dropped is piss poor quality.

I want to believe it is a problem with the server. A lot of mobs spawn in this area constantly and the server might not be able to keep up with it. Ive got a very good computer and I only lag at rakkis crossing. Very choppy due to server poopness.
Reply Quote
a) set physics low
b) set sound channels to 32.

rakkis runs have fps drops esp near fire animations. (esp the right staircase next to the sb portal)
Reply Quote
^ What Daniel Said. Was running an I7 and FIOS and lagging like balls in stonefront and Rakkis especially.

Got a SSD and BOOM works fine now.

Theres a video out there on youtube that explains that its your HDD that makes you lag at times and if you run it from an SSD or even a USB stick it will run smoother than some HDD..sad but true.

Ridiculous...true or not, the price of SSD's are still prohibitive enough where the OP could probably upgrade some core pieces for the same price. The data transfer rate won't mean crap either if the OP does not have good core specs.

I have an AMD 3.2 gHz dual core with 4 GB Ram DDR-2 and an ATI Radeon HD 5670. My HDD speed is only 5200 RPM. I get absolutely no lag after initial start up (when the maps and loot tables are presumably being encoded.)
Edited by Japhasca#1443 on 1/27/2013 10:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
harddisk speed is the largest speed upgrade you can do for any pc.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227791
there isn't any $115 upgrade you can do to your pc that will be as significant as a ssd.

furthermore, you can always bring the ssd to your new pc upgrade eventually as well.

run a game on a thumbdrive if you think otherwise and see for yourself, even if you think you have no lag right now. eg: from start of game , you way point to bridge of korsikk and compare with d3 on thumbdrive and on a harddisk.

literally, windows goes from cold startup to fully loaded in 7 seconds for me.
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 1/27/2013 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]