Diablo® III

what's your cm/ww-sns LOH?

@picha: Naw he has way too much super OP stuff and Shand and I are still waiting for a dagger like that to drop. I just needed certain gear to allow me to play the way I like... just so happens those tend to cost a pretty penny assuming you could even convince the person to let it go. Aph and Addicted have been right beside the past month as I did my research and identified items, and sold everything and the kitchen sink in order to be in a position to beg, plead and cajole to trade for the required. Frostburn probably has it much easier, anyone with an OP item probably goes to him to get the best price.

@kiza: I used to run a Nat's set including a 6 CC Tri Nat's ring and it was very smooth. No real issues apart from wanting high Vit which is usually the Nat's set sore point for me. But I wanted to push dps and IAS to max which meant I had to abandon the set for more dps and eHP. At 57CC, freezing has been smooth enough; I can't tell if 70CC with 3.01 aps is better though. It will take alot of actuarial-like testing (certainly more than I am capable of!) to conclude if the WW ticks at higher aps compensates for the lower CC.

Others may have a different personal view but mine on CM is to push to Razor Thin margins. If you have no issues with RD, can tank better than an M1A2 Abrams, then there is probably some room for you to give up something (AR, Armor, CC, LOH etc) to gain something elsewhere (DPS, APS, eHP etc). Of course the intricacies of finding what you want and affording it will invariably cause you to want to bang your head off a concrete wall because even if theory works, it may not simulate in game experiences due to some minor stat change or something else you didn't consider. You don't want to know my repair costs... ^^

That's why CM is so frustrating and rewarding and is constantly evolving... at least until I get to paragon 100 (eg, I suspect I may have issues if I get the additional 63 int when reaching 100.) At the same time, CM can be certainly simple and fun for the casual gamer. It's all depends on whether you want to push the boundaries and what you want to achieve out of this build.
Edited by Charlatan#1802 on 1/27/2013 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
i sometimes wonder what else to do when i reach that supposed 'god-hood' thingy.
Reply Quote
Start to think about pvp for what it's worth... or nickpick over the fact that I saw a 851 Inna's on RMAH yesterday but it had 8 IAS so am waiting for a 9 IAS one to drop lol.

Or start rolling a WD.
Reply Quote
to be honestly blunt here i never liked pvp and never bothered with it even in the d2 days. i'm really focused on loots loots loots. oh also helping players out.

i did went back to my monk and kept laughing when im playing her (no innuendo) due to shenlongs and being reminded of the phrase 'general beat down'.
Reply Quote
Well to be honest the new crafting items give you something to work on. Yes you could take thousands of crafts but the Amulet and Gloves can be hands down BIS.
Reply Quote
Yeah I never liked pvp as well. With 2 hours of playing time a day, I prefer doing a carry game to end the day on a nice note. But I thought of giving it a try in future. I can just imagine people laughing over my dead toon lol. But it's all good, afterall this is a game or as my daughter says "Mom, dad is playing the monster game AGAIN...".
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 09:50 PMPosted by Aphraell
Well to be honest the new crafting items give you something to work on. Yes you could take thousands of crafts but the Amulet and Gloves can be hands down BIS.

U and your crafting.. I'll probably try that as well and try to get rid of the BT ammy you abhor so much lol.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 09:52 PMPosted by Charlatan
"Mom, dad is playing the monster game AGAIN...".

how cute. my niece says the same thing; 'that monster game'
Reply Quote
I'd say what my Wife says, but I'd prefer not to get banned.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 10:05 PMPosted by Aphraell
I'd say what my Wife says, but I'd prefer not to get banned.

i shall bug thee about it in-game later when i get home
Reply Quote
I'm also waiting for the new Crafts, I think it's awesome, and if you play all classes, the new Craft system is even more beneficial. As much as I like to Craft for my Wiz, I have to admit Amulet is the only viable slot that has a somewhat high chance for upgrade. But for other characters, the new crafts can save a tons of Gold lol. And 10x more fun than AH 3.
Reply Quote
View profile
971 not enough to play way I'm accustomed to. DPS does u no favors IMO. I bought some gloves that bumped me 10K recently and burned myself down. Sold them same day.

Ratio u need to stand in any affix and spam @ 90% mitigation is 6.5 loh for 1000 DPS. As u can see about 161K is my max...

There are way around it. Like 3.0. Like way better CC. Like even more mitigation. Like kiting like girl.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/27/2013 11:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
aimless, when you do buy, test, sell, please notify me. :P
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 11:52 PMPosted by Aimless
DPS does u no favors IMO.

It does if you want to farm MP10 as Kiza already stated above. Now that EXP gain is so huge I doubt I'll drop to a lower MP ever again. Plus the higher Demonic essence drop rate, plus the item increase drop rate, plus the higher MP MF.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 1/27/2013 11:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
DPS does u no favors IMO.

It does if you want to farm MP10 as Kiza already stated above. Now that EXP gain is so huge I doubt I'll drop to a lower MP ever again. Plus the higher Demonic essence drop rate, plus the item increase drop rate, plus the higher MP MF.

I farm mp10. All my videos are mp10. Anyway I meant in general sense if you don't increase ias/cc/loh/ and or mitgation to go with it. You can kite like a girl but fuk that. I'll take 100K dps b4 i do that. I play CM to not kite.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/28/2013 12:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/27/2013 11:54 PMPosted by pichapiegal
aimless, when you do buy, test, sell, please notify me. :P

Sure - I've hit loh walls many times. My next upgrades will take care of it up until about 200k. Mempo for 80 more AR and a huge LOH tri ammy and makes 3 ias for 20% better loh return. Problem is to do it right is gonna cost me 2-3b so you might be waiting awhile for my next fail.:P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]