Diablo® III

Sold my first 100million item on Gold AH... this is BS

Why does blizzard charge 15% "tax" on the gold auction house? They don't make money, collecting the gold that they can create (it is there game afterall). They make money on the RMAH sales, so i understand the 15% charge... But charging 15% to sell on the gold AH? This is silly and there is no good reason for it. Even if i were to sell on the gold ah, and then sell gold on the rmah, i get hit 30% total. This is ridiculous.... Would love to see a blue respond to this in elaboration.

This is taken from their FAQ:
How is the transaction fee determined?
In the gold-based auction house, a 15% transaction fee will be deducted from the final sale price of a successful auction.

This is not an explanation. It is just stating what WILL be done. How is DEDUCTING 15% from a gold sale, considered a transaction fee?
Transaction fee
A charge an intermediary, such as a broker-dealer or a bank, assesses for assisting in the sale or purchase of a security or money.

This is fake currency we're talking about here, gold that blizzard makes, not real money.
Overall, this is very discouraging & makes zero sense.
Edited by Herbdoctor#1106 on 1/27/2013 4:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
In the merry world of on-line gaming it it otherwise known as a gold sink.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 04:05 PMPosted by hawkeye
n the merry world of on-line gaming it it otherwise known as a gold sink.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

This. It's inflation control. Albeit a weak one
Reply Quote
You could also say its a fee for using the AH. If you dont want to pay it feel free to use the market/class forums and trade ingame and probably get scammed.
Reply Quote
Inflation control in a game that has 10+ websites selling botted gold for $2/ten million.... Makes zero sense to charge a real player who takes his time to have fun in the game IMO. I would like to see the explanation from a blue. The truth. not some cop-out remark.
Reply Quote
Gold sink.

Unless you like paying more for your items due to gold losing its value even faster than it already is. Please don't be ignorant. :)
Edited by Origin#1494 on 1/27/2013 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 04:09 PMPosted by MyCondolence
You could also say its a fee for using the AH. If you dont want to pay it feel free to use the market/class forums and trade ingame and probably get scammed.

a fee for using a feature in a game I paid for.... makes total sense now! :/
Reply Quote
They do sell gold you too know in the RMAH
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
View profile
Reply Quote
to get 100 million gold after tax, just take 100,000,000 and divide it by .85, and round up to the nearest whole number.. you will have the 100,000,000 + the 15% that will get taken off, leaving you with 100 million after tax

Edit: I do that for all of my auctions... I even have an excel sheet setup to do it quickly
Edited by Shaneo88#2595 on 1/27/2013 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
It's an attempt to slow down flipping, didn't work.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 04:11 PMPosted by Herbdoctor

a fee for using a feature in a game I paid for.... makes total sense now! :/

You are an idiot. Go play with yourself if you dont want any fees. Cause i'll tell you one thing, any service is gonna cost ya. Rather it be AH or some cheap hooker.
Reply Quote
gold sink. It's important in maintaining economy.

+

Yeah, to make flipping harder.
Edited by NuEloS#1547 on 1/27/2013 4:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't understand how you are just figuring this out... where have you been the last 8 months?
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 04:15 PMPosted by Jauron

It'd work if people weren't ignorant about pricing. Flipping happens everywhere, don't hate. :)
Reply Quote

I don't see how adding gold sink in a game like diablo3 when there are items that are a billion gold (inflation).. The inflation ALREADY happened when people started botting/or finding uber items. Why punish the normal player?
Edited by Herbdoctor#1106 on 1/27/2013 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

I don't see how adding gold sink in a game like diablo3 when there are items that are a billion gold (inflation).. The inflation ALREADY happened when people started botting. Why punish the normal player?

It was initially there to prevent the inflation in the first place, however the gold were just generated at faster pace than they ever predict.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Origin

It'd work if people weren't ignorant about pricing. Flipping happens everywhere, don't hate. :)

Wouldn't care about flippers at all if loot dropped. I get it, it's 1000X more efficient than playing the game. You'd think that would be a problem worth fixing. /wink
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]