Diablo® III

Sold my first 100million item on Gold AH... this is BS

to get 100 million gold after tax, just take 100,000,000 and divide it by .85, and round up to the nearest whole number.. you will have the 100,000,000 + the 15% that will get taken off, leaving you with 100 million after tax

Edit: I do that for all of my auctions... I even have an excel sheet setup to do it quickly

america's education system failing once again.
Reply Quote
View profile
The main reason is to stop speculation. Otherwise Diablo III comodities, eg gems, might be traded 100s of times a second. Eventually items would end that way as well.

Currently speculation can only occur on items that are horribly underpriced, if insider information is known (Item X will be buffed) or by spreading false rhumors (Saying item X will be buffed when actually it will not). Additionally items with limited competition (such as Hardcore items) might use monopoly tactics to force higher prices but this is not really speculation (more unfair market practicies).

Imagine if you could buy 10,000 Brimestone this second for 50,000 each (on average) and sell them for 50,001 the next second. That is a 10,000 gold profit in a single second and a robot could do this day and night. This is what banks do and causes market volitility as well as overal raised prices for everyone.

Diablo III is not "Stock Market III". If you want to speculate consider doing so in real life on tradable commodities, futures or any other kind of tangable or intangible asset traded. You should only ever buy items in Diablo III with the intent to use them on your characters.
Edited by DrSuperGood#1327 on 1/27/2013 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
stops peeps from outbidding others on their own items and accidently buying, otherwise it would be easy and free.
Reply Quote
If you think the 15% tax is too high on Gold Auction House, try selling at RMAH which charges $1 per transaction. That will be cheaper tax for high value items. After getting the money on your account you can always buy back the gold.
Reply Quote
Just be happy you found something worth 100M to sell. Most of us have never found anything worth that much. Greedy whiners...
Reply Quote
Just laughing at all this. Obviously if he didn't get an item worth 100 mill all this would have been avoided. Sell on forums or trade channels, you are not forced to use AH.
Reply Quote
OP, you are so dumb
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Herbdoctor

I don't see how adding gold sink in a game like diablo3 when there are items that are a billion gold (inflation).. The inflation ALREADY happened when people started botting/or finding uber items. Why punish the normal player?

Gold sink causes DEFLATION. The AH tax should be much higher, I'd like to see it around 30-40%.
Reply Quote
LOL at all you morons who think they know something about economics and thinks its for "inflation"

its simply another way for blizzard to make money instead of charging a monthly fee.
Reply Quote
Do I claim that 15 percent on my tax refund?
Reply Quote
do you people not listen..? if they didnt have a tax.. what would stop people from going on other acc and jacking up the bid on their items? if you won your own item no penalty yeah right?

before you bad mouth blizzard engage your brains please.
Reply Quote
Why does blizzard charge 15% "tax" on the gold auction house? They don't make money, collecting the gold that they can create (it is there game afterall). They make money on the RMAH sales, so i understand the 15% charge... But charging 15% to sell on the gold AH? This is silly and there is no good reason for it. Even if i were to sell on the gold ah, and then sell gold on the rmah, i get hit 30% total. This is ridiculous.... Would love to see a blue respond to this in elaboration.

This is taken from their FAQ:
How is the transaction fee determined?
In the gold-based auction house, a 15% transaction fee will be deducted from the final sale price of a successful auction.

This is not an explanation. It is just stating what WILL be done. How is DEDUCTING 15% from a gold sale, considered a transaction fee?
Transaction fee
A charge an intermediary, such as a broker-dealer or a bank, assesses for assisting in the sale or purchase of a security or money.

This is fake currency we're talking about here, gold that blizzard makes, not real money.
Overall, this is very discouraging & makes zero sense.

LOL... you sold an item you found in the game for 100 million and only got 85 million gold? LOL... you are complaining about having 85 million gold? Laughable.
Reply Quote
LOL at all you morons who think they know something about economics and thinks its for "inflation"

its simply another way for blizzard to make money instead of charging a monthly fee.

... this statement left me totally speechless. Talk about irony.

Enlighten us, on great genius, how exactly does taxing gold make money for Blizzard?
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 1/27/2013 8:18 PM PST
Reply Quote

... this statement left me totally speechless. Talk about irony.

LOL... maybe he was talking about the RMAH fee? I hope, otherwise... wow.
Reply Quote
I can understand a gold sink being implemented if you can get items that sell for 1 hundred mill every week.

With the way the rng works this kind of item drops once in a blue moon. :)
Reply Quote
Lol I love all these morons who think this is some new feature to gaming...

Was there a fee for ah usage in (games that I have played where I recall a fee): Guild wars, lineage, lineage 2, world of warcraft, dark eden online, Conan, dungeon and dragons, I can go on and on

Diablo 2 featured a gold sink too, in the form of dropping 10 or 15% of your gold on death ( didn't matter since gold was mostly worthless)

Yeah it sucks but 15% is weak anyways and if you want to keep that then go into chat channel and spam.
Reply Quote
Wait til u sell something for 700m. That tax is insane.
Reply Quote
Why does it matter? It's not gold that you lost. It's gold that the guy who bought it disappears. You got the gold, man.

If you sold it for 117,647,059, 15% gets removed and you get 100,000,000. It's just money that's taken out of the system. Everyone gets their fair cut. You were not gypped.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]