Diablo® III

Sold my first 100million item on Gold AH... this is BS

Billing, for the server needed to update your total. Paying out partnerships " paypal", a premium as a micro-transaction. Seems about right, just a little over the top. Perhaps their edging players out of 5% at most.
Reply Quote
Charge 15% more? Problem solved.
Reply Quote
another reason they have 15% tax is to prevent players from cheating. Imagine if there is no tax and if u have a friend who is rich enough, he will keep outbid your item until anyone outbid the price that meet your need. If lets say no people outbid that, you just need to have a transaction with your friend to return the money and the item.

That's one of the reason why 15% tax is necessary..=)
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 03:57 PMPosted by Herbdoctor
This is fake currency we're talking about here, gold that blizzard makes, not real money.

Same thing was said when we switched from the Gold Standard. Did anything change? No, real money is just as fake as Diablo gold.
So with that in mind.... what's your point? Mad about a "tax" that was no secret? Must be some special breed of moron to be surprised by the obvious. Go spend your 85mil, and sthu.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 04:31 PMPosted by NekoSama
Sold my first 100million item on Gold AH... this is BS

I wish!!!...

that sale alone gives you more than twice what I have in stash......
grow up ..suck it up......and quit whining about your 85mill gold!!!!..
Reply Quote
to get 100 million gold after tax, just take 100,000,000 and divide it by .85, and round up to the nearest whole number.. you will have the 100,000,000 + the 15% that will get taken off, leaving you with 100 million after tax

Edit: I do that for all of my auctions... I even have an excel sheet setup to do it quickly

america's education system failing once again.

yeah hahaha , hes losing gold fast if he keeps up with that formula hahaha , (price*1.15) is the right formula to get your whatever millions after taxes.
Reply Quote
wanna tissue ?

here it is
Reply Quote
View profile
Gold sink and so u don't have friends bid up items cos they may win them and u lose 15%.
Reply Quote
It's an imaginary currency for a game, and you're crying about them taxing you?

Honestly, what the hell are you smoking? It's been in place since launch, and servers a valid purpose as people have already explained.
Reply Quote
to get 100 million gold after tax, just take 100,000,000 and divide it by .85, and round up to the nearest whole number.. you will have the 100,000,000 + the 15% that will get taken off, leaving you with 100 million after tax

Edit: I do that for all of my auctions... I even have an excel sheet setup to do it quickly

america's education system failing once again.

yeah hahaha , hes losing gold fast if he keeps up with that formula hahaha , (price*1.15) is the right formula to get your whatever millions after taxes.

Seriously? I cannot believe two people in a row failed simple mathematics. Let's use our equations, girls.

If I want to get about 100 gold from an auction after tax, here is the equation to figure out how much to sell an item for. You can check the math with enough intelligence in your gear.

(100 * 20) / 17 = c

Here it is giving you an integer value so you can actually get about the right amount.

INT( (100 * 20) / 17 ) + 1 = c
>> this gives you 118 as shared on Wolfram|Alpha
http://wolfr.am/VJtEGV

Now let's reverse it. Take the 118 and subtract 15% of it. How do we do that? We can multiply by 0.85 or 17/20 (that's 85 / 100 for you kids at home).

(118 * 17) / 20 = 100.3
http://wolfr.am/YyJIA2

You could have also used 118 * 0.85

- -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- -

100 / 0.85 = c <--- multiply both sides by 0.85
100 = c * 0.85

It's like freaking magic!

- -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- -

- -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- -

The whole * 1.15 thing is what you'd use to figure out your bill after taxes on buying an item. If you are taxed 15 cents per dollar (that's 15%) for your item. You'd multiply by 1.15.

$0.99 * 1.15 = $1.14

or in the state of Tennessee

We'd pay 9.25% tax so
$0.99 * 1.0925 = $1.08
Edited by Lykos#1124 on 1/28/2013 1:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
The rich need to pay their fair share. This is America, get use to it!
Reply Quote
just be glad you got something that sold that high, some of us with 1000+ hours aint even found an item that sells anywhere close to that.
Edited by Razor#1728 on 1/28/2013 2:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Herbdoctor
Inflation control in a game that has 10+ websites selling botted gold for $2/ten million.... Makes zero sense to charge a real player who takes his time to have fun in the game IMO. I would like to see the explanation from a blue. The truth. not some cop-out remark.

"The truth. Not some cop-out remark."

At what point will you stop being a baby? People have already told you that it is a gold sink... Do you think there is some kind of conspiracy where they are taxing all players 15% on transactions and giving it Blizzard staff or something?
Reply Quote
imagine the flipping without any transaction fee.

We'd probably be paying monthly fees to keep servers up with the amount of flipping that would be going on, LOL.
Reply Quote
well considering hypothetically they are not allowed to place gold, items on the ah ...what do you reckon they do with that 15% sell it for 22c per mill :)
Reply Quote
5m to whoever helps me sell this

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7764347005
Reply Quote
Pretty sure that OP is no longer watching this thread, most likely because he's ashamed.
Reply Quote
.. this statement left me totally speechless. Talk about irony.

Enlighten us, on great genius, how exactly does taxing gold make money for Blizzard?

This response made me sad. I'll try to keep it simple so those with like mind's can understand.

I sell on AH for 100 mill, i get 85, blizz gets 15 got that?

Blizz sells 15 on rmah to buyer for real money. Blizz makes money.

No end of stupidity on forums.

You are the best troll of all time. You nearly made me wet myself, and I think I need to just go back to bed and cry myself to sleep because of the POSSIBILITY you might be serious.

10/10 sir
Reply Quote
The idea is simple, taking 15% of you profits and making you pay to repair will cause you to play/farm more. Since you'll play less when you're comfortable with enough gold, and good items, its a pretty pathetic way to add longevity to the game when the content alone isn't enough.
Edited by p0t#1360 on 1/28/2013 7:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]