Diablo® III

Sold my first 100million item on Gold AH... this is BS

This is fake currency we're talking about here, gold that blizzard makes, not real money.
Overall, this is very discouraging & makes zero sense.

Lol... Sir gold = real money in Diablo 3. If you need me to explain how / why ill need to charge you 15% fee for knowledge.
Reply Quote

This is silly and there is no good reason for it

wow you're dense.
Reply Quote
Yeah, stupid ignorant players! How dare you not learn economic theory, especially since it's just as imaginary as the game or the items you're selling! Besides, it's not like there's any downside to economics! It's not like it's a broken perpetual ponzi scheme that exists solely to ensure the continued profit of the people that already have the money anyways! GUARANTEED R.O.I.!

Yeah, I think 15% of nothing is a pretty pointless fee too. And, given the price of 'good' items, whatever relevance it was projected to have is long past. It's actually just inflation itself. I'm sure no one started adding in the 15% to their original selling price to make up the difference. Not knocking the AH itself, I think it makes sense. And the largest concept of economics is 'the market will determine prices', not 'people educated in economic theory will save the market'. Holding true to that, prices are fuggin ridiculous. Why shouldn't they be, though? Even on the RMAH $1 = 4 mil gold. Last time I checked, at least. SO.... there's no point to a gold sink, really. The AUction house itself is already sinking all the AU. Can't blame Blizzard, though. Just working with the system they know. The broken, flawed, pointless, pointless system they know. That some !@#$%^-(s) made up to keep other human beings subjugated. But I suppose anything is justified by the fact that it exists. Not that the ability to fabricate items completely out of nothing and profit from their sale couldn't possibly have been accounted for when economics were being worked out, and therefore completely changes the premise, invalidating the conclusion entirely. That couldn't be why economics are failing globally. The fact that it's an outdated, outmoded concept that can't account for modern technological capability. Some drunk !@#$%^- doubled the price of oil overnight for the entire world, but obviously there's no flaws in the system.
Edited by Kahn#1673 on 1/28/2013 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
free bump also guys check out this ik chest

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7764667131#1
Reply Quote
Seriously, you are the reason that I hate some people. They get a 100 million item, and the first thing they start doing is !@#$%ing that they couldn't get more for it. It's not like anybody's forcing you to use the auction house either, there's many other ways to make a trade happen without transaction fees. No point listing them now because you've already sold the item though.

tl;dr: wah wah wah I only got 85mil gold for an item that dropped on the ground.
Reply Quote
Yeah, stupid ignorant players! How dare you not learn economic theory, especially since it's just as imaginary as the game or the items you're selling! Besides, it's not like there's any downside to economics! It's not like it's a broken perpetual ponzi scheme that exists solely to ensure the continued profit of the people that already have the money anyways! GUARANTEED R.O.I.!

Yeah, I think 15% of nothing is a pretty pointless fee too. And, given the price of 'good' items, whatever relevance it was projected to have is long past. It's actually just inflation itself. I'm sure no one started adding in the 15% to their original selling price to make up the difference. Not knocking the AH itself, I think it makes sense. And the largest concept of economics is 'the market will determine prices', not 'people educated in economic theory will save the market'. Holding true to that, prices are fuggin ridiculous. Why shouldn't they be, though? Even on the RMAH $1 = 4 mil gold. Last time I checked, at least. SO.... there's no point to a gold sink, really. The AUction house itself is already sinking all the AU. Can't blame Blizzard, though. Just working with the system they know. The broken, flawed, pointless, pointless system they know. That some !@#$%^-(s) made up to keep other human beings subjugated. But I suppose anything is justified by the fact that it exists. Not that the ability to fabricate items completely out of nothing and profit from their sale couldn't possibly have been accounted for when economics were being worked out, and therefore completely changes the premise, invalidating the conclusion entirely. That couldn't be why economics are failing globally. The fact that it's an outdated, outmoded concept that can't account for modern technological capability. Some drunk !@#$%^- doubled the price of oil overnight for the entire world, but obviously there's no flaws in the system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
Reply Quote
The AH ruins this game get used to it
Reply Quote
The government has been doing it since 1862. I'd celebrate taking your money too if I was in politics.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Nathan
The government has been doing it since 1862. I'd celebrate taking your money too if I was in politics.

what are you some sort of turtle freak
Reply Quote
So, you walked away with 85 million gold? Man, it must really suck to be you...
Reply Quote
I wish to sell an item for 100 mil gold... heck i wish i had 85mil gold :(
Reply Quote
I am pretty sure blizzard only wants you to think it is a gold sink. I'm pretty sure the reality of including the 15% tax on the gold AH is so that you wouldn't complain so much when they also include the 15% tax on the real-money AH. Its all about the money.
Reply Quote
what in the world sells for 100 mill?
Reply Quote
what item sold for 100 million please tell
Reply Quote
whole thing is based on getting you into money side even if it is just to buy fake gold. Not rocket science here folks
Reply Quote
If Blizz really wanted to make this a more controlled game AH wise there would be something more like a 65% tax on items over X amount. Where X amount is something in the 8+ Figure range. That would help with inflation control. That would also put the scam/bot/snipers in check too, given that most of them only go for items of that caliber. But they wouldn't do such a thing to a game. Oh, it would prob also fix the non-utilization of the trade channel to actually sell and trade items of real worth. Instead of the crap items that usually get spammed in trade, or the scammers who are buying UnIDs.
Reply Quote
Would I be wrong in thinking that maybe they sell the 15% gold they make on all items on the real money AH?
Reply Quote
Against price flip. Imagine no sink. You get it for 40m you put it for 40.399.999. Then someone else comes and puts it for 40.5m and so on. The horror.
Reply Quote
Why does blizzard charge 15% "tax" on the gold auction house? They don't make money, collecting the gold that they can create (it is there game afterall). They make money on the RMAH sales, so i understand the 15% charge... But charging 15% to sell on the gold AH? This is silly and there is no good reason for it. Even if i were to sell on the gold ah, and then sell gold on the rmah, i get hit 30% total. This is ridiculous.... Would love to see a blue respond to this in elaboration.

This is taken from their FAQ:
How is the transaction fee determined?
In the gold-based auction house, a 15% transaction fee will be deducted from the final sale price of a successful auction.

This is not an explanation. It is just stating what WILL be done. How is DEDUCTING 15% from a gold sale, considered a transaction fee?
Transaction fee
A charge an intermediary, such as a broker-dealer or a bank, assesses for assisting in the sale or purchase of a security or money.

This is fake currency we're talking about here, gold that blizzard makes, not real money.
Overall, this is very discouraging & makes zero sense.

r u a f n idiot?
Reply Quote
AH needs a system like income tax, the more you earn, the more it's taxed!!!

eg
sell for 1m? then 5% tax
sell for 1b? then 30% tax
(only example figures)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]