Diablo® III

Sold my first 100million item on Gold AH... this is BS

lol at the stupidity in this OP.

Games need gold sinks moron.
Reply Quote
My guess is that the 15% tax is to prevent a massive amount of auction house flipping.

If I see an item for 16mil and i think i possibly get 20 million for it, I might just go for it. I mean if i can't get 20 I might be very confident i could get 18 mil. and still have a 2 mil profit.

With the 15% tax I wouldnt' try because that 18 mil sale would be selling at a loss.
Edited by CryingGods#1386 on 1/28/2013 4:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Grats
Reply Quote
I am pretty sure that the 15% goes to the families of all the slain mobs & elites.
Now wipe your tears, shut up, nut up and play!
Its for charity after all.
Reply Quote
I can't believe all the crazies are coming out of the wood works on this one lol.

1. Blizzard does not sell gold nor gear on RMAH. That is what they promised, you can dispute this, but the burden of proof is on you.

2. Assuming they DO secretly sell gold, they can create one trillion gold via this SQL statement:

UPDATE player_table SET gold = 1000000000000 WHERE player_id = 'jaywilson#1234'

Blizzard has absolutely no need to collect the gold via AH tax in order to resell.

3. AH tax is a gold sink regardless if it works or not. For those saying it does not work, they should ask to increase it to 30% instead of removing it.

4. AH tax reduces flipping. There should be no need to explain this.

/thread
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Wtflag
Blizzard has absolutely no need to collect the gold via AH tax in order to resell.

So sad that this even has to be said.

Btw the tax doesn't make players poorer. Since everyone earns less gold in ah, everyone has less gold to spend in ah. Therefore prices are lower than they would be without taxes.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Herbdoctor
I don't see how adding gold sink in a game like diablo3 when there are items that are a billion gold (inflation).. The inflation ALREADY happened when people started botting/or finding uber items. Why punish the normal player?
You do realize that without this inflation you are speaking negatively of, your item would not have sold for 100m?

tl;dr summary -
OP sells valuable item
OP gets taxed 15% like everything else
OP throws a fit because he thinks his item and himself are special

PS - OP thinks he's rich and elite. Much like many of the rich and elite in the US, they think that a % of tax that applies to them should be lower than everyone else. Sort of backwards, eh? If anything, the OP should have paid 20%-30% tax.
Reply Quote
Gold sink it is, just like the new Gems.
BTW, hardcore is a much better game because it's a huge gold sink by nature.
Reply Quote
The best solution is to find someone who wants to buy it for 100m, and add them as a friend and trade it.
Reply Quote
You mean you sold your first 85M item on the AH
Reply Quote
[quote="77881680032"]Gold sink it is, just like the new Gems.
quote]

i wish you could pay 20 mil for a horadric cube to combine gems...wait! there should be a plan to make a horadric cube that drops in game...and get this...you can craft it for 20mil!

epic quote fail :D
Edited by overgrownroo#1876 on 1/28/2013 7:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Is this your first time at the rodeo? Just be happy that they don't charge a listing fee and only charge if the item sells.
Reply Quote

I don't see how adding gold sink in a game like diablo3 when there are items that are a billion gold (inflation).. The inflation ALREADY happened when people started botting/or finding uber items. Why punish the normal player?

Gold sink causes DEFLATION. The AH tax should be much higher, I'd like to see it around 30-40%.

Was thinking the same. Make it tiered, such that anything Above 1mil is 30%, 500K-999K 15% and 300K-500K 10%, 300K and below 0% This might actually encourage more people to price their stuff at a lower range. And if it goes above that the gold sink takes even more out of the economy. Might help with the inflated price in AH ATM.
Reply Quote
When they sell that 15% gold to someone else (or even you), will they not make money?
Reply Quote
...its blizzard scamming you for 15% than from player for 100%
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]