Diablo® III

Support for 2560 x 1080

(Locked)

I do not post often but I feel the need to at least argue the response given here as I currently own a 29" monitor and because how ridiculous the response from Blizzard was.

As previously brought up 16:9 users have an 'advantage' over 4:3 users, It does not make any sense to say that considering having a ratio of 21:9 you also lose vertical view.

This is an example

http://www.displaywars.com/29-inch-21x9-vs-27-inch-16x9

So considering the argument that Blizzard has provided I feel this to be invalid considering you can argue that 16:9 gives more vertical advantage, also take note in SC2 a lot of maps have opposing teams facing off vertically apart. Or Act 2 in Diablo has most of the map travelling vertically rather then horizontally. Does this mean that people who are running 16:9 are using exploits.

Anyway in closing I decided to rant a bit because of my disappointment over the years with quality gaming at thirty years old with money to burn I've played everything from every genre to every company I could get my hands on. I have always had a special spot in my heart for Blizzard regardless of the flack they receive from their clients they have always produced the best quality in gaming and service.

Recently I decided to speak with my wallet, I uninstalled Origin gaming from my system and called EA to have my account disabled. They CSR was shocked considering the amount of games I had on the account I responded with I do not like the practices of EA and I will not be investing time or money any more into your company.

I decided to do the same with all my other games that I felt were not up to par with quality gaming in 2013. I have one game left on my Steam account installed and all three IP's for Blizzard.

However as my career has completely taken over my life I would like to enjoy some light gaming when I get home on my 29" monitor if that is not possible on D3 I will unfortunately be adding Blizzard to the list. Maybe it's time for me to get a new hobby. Thanks for everyone's time in reading this I truly hope Blizzard reconsiders their stance on this new aspect ratio.
To be fair i'm very disappointed by the response given, while too a degree I can understand them saying its gives an advantage, I think its a very poor reason to give to refuse to implement it, as you can get a 21:9 ratio on lots of monitors by changing the resolution, so you would have to lock those out as well for your answer to be realistic, frankly there are 3 pages of discussion round this thus far, and im sure there are many other people who have not bothered to post given the apathy shown to some of your customers here.

At the end of the day we are the customer we have paid for a product that you are choosing to artificially limit, and with an exp pack coming etc I would of thought you might have wanted to grow your customer base, rather than exclude some of us simply because we have a monitor with a wide aspect ratio.
View profile
09/08/2013 06:13 AMPosted by MrAerosmith
im sure there are many other people who have not bothered to post given the apathy shown to some of your customers here.

the most dangerous customers arent the ones that are vocal about being disappointed or angry. the most dangerous customers to your business are the silent ones that you never know about.

yep, that was told to me when worked retail. i worked up from a simple sales associate to management. that is completely true. further, unhappy customers are 10x more likely to tell everyone they know about their disappointement then happy customers are to tell anyone about how their experience was.
09/08/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Morogoth
im sure there are many other people who have not bothered to post given the apathy shown to some of your customers here.

the most dangerous customers arent the ones that are vocal about being disappointed or angry. the most dangerous customers to your business are the silent ones that you never know about.

yep, that was told to me when worked retail. i worked up from a simple sales associate to management. that is completely true. further, unhappy customers are 10x more likely to tell everyone they know about their disappointement then happy customers are to tell anyone about how their experience was.

I have to agree, not to disclose too much personal information about myself but I am a stylist/educator at one of the most well known salons in the world. One of the fundamental client retention discussions we have with our team is that for every client that doesn't come back and never complained they are more then likely unhappy and they are relaying that experience to others.

Like I said I never usually post but I find this matter to be ridiculous. In 5 years when 21:9 is the standard or whatever ratio wins out I can guarantee it will be supported.

I choose to be ahead of the curve in my industry and that is why I have always been successful. I refuse to imitate but innovate.
No update on this?
Dose't seem that way, very disappointed
I'm disappointed Blizz is considering not supporting fullscreen windowed. That's what I use.
I received a beta for Hearthstone which I was very interested in and of course there is no support for my resolution I wonder what tactile gaming advantage I have in a virtual card game.
View profile
10/11/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Phenex
I received a beta for Hearthstone which I was very interested in and of course there is no support for my resolution I wonder what tactile gaming advantage I have in a virtual card game.

look at it this way...
companies that dont change to meet or exceed increasing hardware standards eventually die. so... blizz will have to either do something or they are going to lose a lot due to not supporting things.
10/11/2013 09:44 AMPosted by Morogoth
companies that dont change to meet or exceed increasing hardware standards eventually die. so... blizz will have to either do something or they are going to lose a lot due to not supporting things.

What do you mean they don't change? This forum is flooded with people that have crap frame rates due to running a outdated computer. The common misconception is how a game runs on a system that just barely meets the minimum specifications vs. running it on a current system (IE: Haswell I7, 2400+mhz ram, 760gtx or higher video card).
View profile
10/11/2013 10:59 AMPosted by zHammeRz

What do you mean they don't change? This forum is flooded with people that have crap frame rates due to running a outdated computer. The common misconception is how a game runs on a system that just barely meets the minimum specifications vs. running it on a current system (IE: Haswell I7, 2400+mhz ram, 760gtx or higher video card).

have you even payed attention to what the thread is about? we arent talking about ppl trying to run things on old intel integrated graphics here. we are talking about newer high resolution monitors.
Let's stay on topic Hammer is deliberately trying to derail the thread or coax us into a arguing unnecessarily ,please report it and move on.

The issue at hand for those just joining is Blizzard has stated that they do not wish to support 21:9 aspect ratios.
Thanks Phenex

Lets keep this on topic and relevant
Blizzard, it doesn't make sense not to support this resolution when there are hardware out there which uses this resolution. not to mention competing products which support this resolution. it is obvious the engine can support this resolution given the work around mentioned in this thread. just fix the main menu etc.
Guess that saves me money on the expansions then.

No need to buy them if the resolution isn't going to be supported.
I would just like to take a minute and add a something positive to the thread.

Like I mentioned originally I have stuck with Blizzard gaming for almost 20 years and for good reason. Their customer service is always top notch and quality in gaming is above anything in the industry, always has been and I feel always will. That is why I was so shocked to see this resolution not supported as I stated and showed with the monitor comparison website that both monitor ratio's have their own advantages.

I just want to thank Blizzard and also plea for their help in getting this issue resolved to the satisfaction of their many loyal clients including myself which hope to game for years under this brand. Not to mention I'd rather save the 500$ in a new monitor and spend the money towards Blizzard products. Thanks again to everyone in this thread for the support.
Edited by Phenex#1673 on 11/11/2013 4:14 PM PST
I would also like to post this link again as a comparison, please note that your traditional 16:9 is slightly larger vertically and the 21:9 monitor is slightly larger horizontally while losing the extra vertical space. So all and all both monitors have an advantage just one vertically and one horizontally, I hope Blizzard will re consider their stance as I feel neither monitor has a real gaming advantage over another.

http://www.displaywars.com/29-inch-21x9-vs-27-inch-16x9
Edited by Phenex#1673 on 11/12/2013 5:53 AM PST
no update? I have a new LG..

never thought this would be an issue..

at least put it in RoS?
Hey Cortex unfortunately at this point nothing new, I do however have faith as i recently went through my library of games in Steam and started re installing some older games to find a lot of them now have 21:9 support. I have faith in Blizzard and I'm sure it will be supported.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]