Diablo® III

How to make loot more interesting: bump more legs to 63

I've made this proposal in the past and I'm making it now too.

Personally, I think this suggestion is a great one. We've seen items in the past go from low level requirement to level 60 (ie: Withing Hour pre and post 1.04).

You've done it in the past, you can do it now too! The main reason being is that many <60 legendaries have a few unique, yet very interesting rolls.

Let's go with an example:

Beckon Sail (cloak):
+ 66-71 dex, + 6-7% IAS, + 3% life, + 1% crit c, + 1 random prop

At level 60, there is The Inquisitor :
+ 90-100dex, + 71-80 all res, + 12% mvt speed, + 235-599 life regen, + random skill ressource cost reduction, +1 random prop

The highlights of the first cloak are the IAS and crit c. The highlight stats of the 2nd cloak is the high all res and mvt speed. We can see that the first one is more offensive and the second one more defensive / evasive. However, right now, no one would wear the first one, since it's a lvl 53 item with although interesting stats, the rolls are pretty low. So how about bumping the Beckon Sail up to ilvl 60? We could give it properties like :

Beckon Sail ilvl 60:
+ 170-200dex, + 8-9% IAS, +1% crit c, +5% life, +1 random prop

And voila! Two ilvl 60 cloaks with complete different rolls. One offensive, one defensive. Opens up for increased skill variety and promotes build diversity.

Of course there are tens of other <60 ilvl legs with great unique stats.
Edited by aqso#1557 on 1/25/2013 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
I agree! it would be better if in mp1+ ALL legendaries had a chance to drop and roll ilvl 63 but also are locked to only lvl 60 characters unless they roll reduced lvl.

Theres so many cool legendaries with great affixes and looks but they are mostly useless in the end game and most people only get to use them for 5 or so levels before upgrading. It would also give the market more options and further diversity and its honestly nothing too hard to do.

All the polygons and work is there it just needs to work like rares currently do.

By the way you should post this in PTR as a suggestion and hope to get it noticed.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 1/25/2013 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't get the point of 60-62 legendaries, it's almost like they gave them bad rolls on purpose. Some of the bad ones, even if they rolled perfect nobody would want them.
Reply Quote
I liked the idea of bumping any legendary below ilvl 62 to ilvl 62 for a price at the blacksmith.

if the blacksmith could smith any legendary to ilvl 63 then it would devalue alot of the 63 gear. and everything below ilvl 63 is pretty much devalued already

thats why you dont use the smith, its better to have it be a dropped loot for mp1+ all legendaries can drop and they have a chance to roll up to ilvl 63 just like rares currently do.
Reply Quote
The loot is random. if the loot was always good, itd be dumb.
Reply Quote
I’m thinking we should be able to upgrade our gear like in D2,The upgrade would raise the level requirement in paragon levels which would open up a whole new level of gear.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:38 PMPosted by zucchini

thats why it should be how i said, random just like rares but with a chance to roll up to ilvl 63.

Just how in mp1+ when a monster drops an item it has a chance to roll up to whatever level that monster is.

just like how we have tons of level 58 items still dropping in inferno but sometimes those are the ones that roll huge numbers.

Its all random still but instead of just having all those wasted legendaries we give them all a chance to drop in MP1+ and if they drop they arnt always going to be good but they have a chance to roll up to ilvl 63 just like the lvl 58 rares i just mentioned above.

It adds more items, more builds and more options but doesn't guarantee them always being good because its random and works similarly to how rares currently do.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 1/25/2013 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:38 PMPosted by Calamity
How to make loot more interesting: Making even more legendaries BIS, therefor completely eliminating rares. Wow! I'm completely interested now!

it would open up more options not necessarily BIS, in its current state there is NO variety but with this it might just open up more builds and options. how do you not see that? Also theres plenty of good rares, in fact i make most of my gold selling rares. 1hander weapons, rings and amulets and gloves is where the rare market is and will continue to be on average.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:38 PMPosted by zucchini

Big difference between an item that doesn't roll good and one that can't.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
This is a good thread. I like this thread.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Jauron

Big difference between an item that doesn't roll good and one that can't.

+1

can we please fix frostburns, gladiator gauntlets, all brown spirit stones, all brown mighty belts, burning axe of sankis, all brown daggers, sever, brown mighty weapons, and ALL two handers with the exception of skorn?
Reply Quote
Bump again, I think I am going to make a post about this in PTR suggestions giving a good outline into the why and how this can be implemented and it's benefits.
Reply Quote
Playing hardcore this morning I found the lowest legendary I had ever seen, a level 8 bow. I was shocked, to see one so soon (I think I was lv 14 at the time).

At any rate, they did all the art work for it and it will only be useful for a day or two and then it gets thrown in the pile to get auctioned or salvaged. I think they should have two tiers of these Legendaries. 1 at the low level and and then another post level 62. That way they can recycle the artwork and lore that they built into each one. Just add better rolls to make them useful.

All in all, they need to make all the Legendaries more useful that way we use a great variety of them rather than the few standard ones that eveyone uses.

Just my $0.02
Reply Quote
Playing hardcore this morning I found the lowest legendary I had ever seen, a level 8 bow. I was shocked, to see one so soon (I think I was lv 14 at the time).

At any rate, they did all the art work for it and it will only be useful for a day or two and then it gets thrown in the pile to get auctioned or salvaged. I think they should have two tiers of these Legendaries. 1 at the low level and and then another post level 62. That way they can recycle the artwork and lore that they built into each one. Just add better rolls to make them useful.

All in all, they need to make all the Legendaries more useful that way we use a great variety of them rather than the few standard ones that eveyone uses.

Just my $0.02

Exactly, that way when you search on the AH there would be the standard level and then something like Inferno Edition or something. That way they can all drop in inferno and have a chance to pull in from the affixes range pool of up to ilvl 63. Same way that low level rares in inferno still have a chance to roll anazing ilvl 63 stats. So it's random not always godly but also brings in new items and new builds and variety based on the different neat low level legendaries. This would help adding more diversity and variety to the aesthetics of everyone and also more options for you build.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 1/25/2013 7:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
I remember in Diablo 2 when low lvl legendaries were still very useful to end-game characters.

The problem is really that itemization comes down to buying/finding Set Items and having a selection of 2-3 weapons per class that are actually viable in Inferno.

The fact that we have little selection in what's actually good or useful in Inferno makes me think Blizzard needs to work harder on buffing/reworking some legendaries or making new ones.
Reply Quote
I remember in Diablo 2 when low lvl legendaries were still very useful to end-game characters.

The problem is really that itemization comes down to buying/finding Set Items and having a selection of 2-3 weapons per class that are actually viable in Inferno.

The fact that we have little selection in what's actually good or useful in Inferno makes me think Blizzard needs to work harder on buffing/reworking some legendaries or making new ones.

Exactly, the problem with making new legendaries is it takes too long to create model etc all these new items when we have a huge pool of unused ones already in the game. The fastest and best fix to this would be to make all low level legendaries drop in inferno but be "inferno edition or something" all level 60 but have a chance of rolling up to ilvl 63 stats just like rares currently due. This would help buff them and add more diversity but at the same time not make them all super good since it depends on rolls also.

Just imagine a nicely rolled Buriza with 1000 DPS and a socket, might not out DPS a manticore but the pierce and freeze proc would make it an excellent weapon in groups. Things like this would add more variety and would be a simple fix. All blizzard would have to do is make a second inferno version of all of these and let them roll up to ilvl 63 just how all rares in inferno currently do. No new models or affixes, just a bump in the affixes pool between ilvl 60-63.

It's so simple and solves so much. We need more people behind this idea and get it noticed.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 1/25/2013 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote

Just imagine a nicely rolled Buriza with 1000 DPS and a socket, might not out DPS a manticore but the pierce and freeze proc would make it an excellent weapon in groups. Things like this would add more variety and would be a simple fix. All blizzard would have to do is make a second inferno version of all of these and let them roll up to ilvl 63 just how all rares in inferno currently do. No new models or affixes, just a bump in the affixes pool between ilvl 60-63.

It's so simple and solves so much. We need more people behind this idea and get it noticed.

Exactly what I meant

Let's have some more examples ITT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]