Diablo® III

After a week on the PTR - judge my pvp setup

Only thing i've been changing is dropping weapon throw for WoTB for WD's, same spec for every other class.
Reply Quote
No sprint or leap? How to easily close up a DH for rend? Get either one of them. Mobility is important in pvp. One shout alone can activate inspiring and is sufficient imo. Chose battle rage for offensive or warcry for defensive. Passive is fine.
Reply Quote
Strangely enough I've had huge success with just weapon throw vs DH's, and somewhere around 9/10 kills on them can be attributed to that, and haven't had much reason to close with them. Just play smart and eventually a rend happens when they're invisible trying to run past after cornering them or something. I've only had problems with 1 DH who had over 400k unbuffed DPS, but that was a while ago with !@#$tier pvp gear.

Definitely going to try dropping war cry for a bit though and see how that works out. Thanks
Reply Quote
I like your set-up. It emphasizes defensive affixes without suffocating the damage you need to make the build work.

What I really like is how you managed to fit in 100,000 health points using a five-set Immortal King's bonus. That gives you a monstrous advantage in dealing with fury management because it holds wonderfully. More importantly, it looks like you've managed to accumulate 49% crowd control reduction to your gear.

All said, I do not think you need Juggernaut. I am finding that the passive needs room to 'proc' so that you can replenish 15% of your maximum life; that means that if you have diminished so much against crowd control effects, your 'proc' rate might not chance as much as you would want. I would encourage you to try out Relentless for emergency situations or even Unforgiving because you have three fury burners and not enough mobility.

I also don't think this set-up can work against Witch Doctors. You will need Sprint and Relentless to maximise your survivability against them.
Reply Quote
Strangely enough I've had huge success with just weapon throw vs DH's, and somewhere around 9/10 kills on them can be attributed to that, and haven't had much reason to close with them. Just play smart and eventually a rend happens when they're invisible trying to run past after cornering them or something. I've only had problems with 1 DH who had over 400k unbuffed DPS, but that was a while ago with !@#$tier pvp gear.

Definitely going to try dropping war cry for a bit though and see how that works out. Thanks

I fought countless of 300-600kdps DH. By throwing doesn't works for me at all.
Becoz its either miss or can't 1hko. Unless those very weak one can be done.
I don't like keep hiding in corners. Once i pop my IP against DH, i want him dead.

Didnt notice your 49%cc.. wow. DO it really works great i wonder...
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/26/2013 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]