Diablo® III

I'm hooked on HC

Bored with SC so I decided to try HC. I cruised through normal and tonight I had my first near death experience. I was in the cemetery of the forsaken on nightmare and leaped into an elite pack w/ 6 minions and had arcane beams all around me, my health plummeted to almost zero and I will admit my heart skipped a beat or two, thought for sure my barb was dead. Was able to pop a health potion and run away to live another day.

Also thank to those of you that price stuff at a reasonable cost in the auction house, it’s probably the only reason I’ve made it this far. Hope I make it to level 60…
Reply Quote
Same here. I just hit 60 yesterday and I'm having a blast. I'm going to have to farm for awhile before I can beat inferno though.
Reply Quote
Similar experience happened to me (few months back), I have never looked back to SC since !
Reply Quote
Same here no more SC, I was going to quit playing but HC has got me hooked again!
Reply Quote
it's funny, same thing happened to me. figured id quit, was getting bored. dont care for pvp is any game. tried HC, now hooked harder than ever. GL HF
Reply Quote
Same here. I never look back at softcore, of 600 hours played and a P70 monk there.

However, I am going to take a long break from Hardcore now, since last night some battlenet connection issue (see my post link today) killed 2 of my hardcore heroes within minutes. I lost my 56 WD and 21 Monk. Btw, I play MP10 all the way in Hardcore.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7764346900#1
Edited by Douvinsky#1811 on 1/27/2013 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think a lot of people discover HC mode as a "last resort" to keep playing D3 - I know I did.

I was driven mad by the obsession over "Key Farming" in SC. Everyone I played with would join a game, get to 5 stack, kill KW, then restart. No alt quests, no xp / loot farming - just effing keys.

Don't get me wrong - I hit up KW each run - but I also like to find a gob, or resplendent chest, or even a few mobs in my run.

A lot of my SC friends have tried it - I like to think partly b/c of my influence. Perhaps the biggest influence is the fact my name starts with "a" and is at the top of their friend's list?
Reply Quote
HC is really addicting.

What I most appreciate about it is how the AH is so much better than SC, with items actually in your acquiring range.
If only I knew how exciting this is I'd have made a guardian character in Diablo II.
Now SC is only to know the game. HC is the real deal.
Edited by Darkness#1980 on 1/27/2013 8:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 05:52 PMPosted by MaddogXXX
Also thank to those of you that price stuff at a reasonable cost in the auction house, it’s probably the only reason I’ve made it this far. Hope I make it to level 60…

you are welcome :)
Reply Quote
I've always been a hardcore player since Diablo 1.
Just play softcore to feel the difference.

Some people are just plain annoying.
Spend your time wisely.
Reply Quote
Same sentiment here. Took me some time before it "grew on me". Tried it out last fall and leveled a barb to 41 and a wizard to 32, but then the wizard died. I was like "meeeeh", and took a break from Diablo all together. '

Just got back though. raped my way to 60 on my wizard, got to paragon level 3 before it died. Thought "!@#$ it" and re-rolled a DH right away. Traded all my SC gold for HC gold.

Having a blast! Also; Getting killed makes you treasure your characters more. Getting impatient really isn't a problem once you've learned the price.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 10:29 PMPosted by Sherwin
I've always been a hardcore player since Diablo 1.

What do you mean? Like... you deleted your character every time you died?

01/27/2013 05:52 PMPosted by MaddogXXX
leaped into an elite pack

Haha. Slowly and slowly HC will root out all the bad habits that SC forgave you for.
Reply Quote
You don't have to die?

Diablo 1 has a one life rule. You die you start from the beginning.
Diablo 2 gave you the option to play softcore.

Hardcore always came first.
Reply Quote
im down to help anyone out...

im pretty decked out on my wiz and monk
Reply Quote
I feel the same as many of you. I got tired of SC and play exclusively HC now.

I had a few deaths on some decent toons, but just rolled out new ones.

It feels so different to actually care about your character, and it's blast

watching them develop. For me this is the real way to play this game....
Reply Quote
i nearly died at para 96.. the feeling will be there always..
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 12:43 AMPosted by Bottle
Haha. Slowly and slowly HC will root out all the bad habits that SC forgave you for.

I'm learning to change my tactics, but bad habits die hard!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]