Diablo® III

Feedback, because you're listening <wink>

Things that needs fixed, (but will not be fixed).

-Always Online; you guys really $@#!ed up this one.

-The Chat System; in beta they had no plans to add a chat system, we complained about it, and so they did an intern effort on it. There needs to be another lobby where you can see who else is playing with you, the community.

-The Match Making System; another cop-out, I expected to have a game creation system like in diablo 2 with PROPER filters; not an xbox live matchmaking emulator.

-Identify All; stop being !@#$%^-s about it and let us identify-all. We waste so much of our time Identifying this crap one at a time, driving the point home further when it’s a piece of crap.

-Itemization; it’s been already beat to death. You know exactly what’s wrong.

-Weapon damage to spells; “why does your sorc have a crossbow? Did you find some new niche pvp build?” “No, it’s got higher damage than anything else”.

-Gear below max level is pointless; Since everyone can do everything, that everyone else can do and vice versa, there’s no point in making new characters. Effectively making any drops below max level cap worthless.

-Rune System; a boring system that may as well not exist. You have skills and you can pick only 6 at a time very creative there guys.

-Environments are too linear and copy pasted from Diablo 2; Act 1 and Act 2 are damn near copied word for word from diablo 2. Act 3 Is a mix-match of act 4 and 5. Act 4 is actually pretty original too bad it’s only 30 minutes long (and that’s with 15minutes of time wasted on dialogue and cut scenes.

-Boss encounter started, you may not pass; What the hell were you guys thinking, by adding this how are you improving the gameplay? A ready check? Really? I love waiting for AFK people to press ready at the last second; or join a public game that has just started a boss where I have to stand around for 10 minutes with nothing to do.

-Dialogue pauses, ready checks for a cinematic; WHAT IS WITH THE READY CHECKS!!! If I’m in inferno I REALLY don’t care that magda is killing cain, I get it already. If I’m fighting diablo, I don’t want to listen to tyreal’s life story, or listen to diablo’s stupid rants.

There’s more too, but I don’t really play the game anymore, because it’s not fun. I played it for about a month on softcore, and a month on hardcore. I really don’t see a point in playing the game until an expansion comes out or something, because the nickel-dime content patches are too little too late. It took a year for you guys to get a duel feature into a beta phase… something that should have been at release. The infernal machine, copy pasted out of diablo 2 which probably took you a month to implement. Monster levels because we heard you like difficulty, so we put a difficulty into your difficulty, so you can change your difficulty, after you've selected a difficulty.

Oh and your story straight up sucks. Having it repeat every new act, really is annoying, back-burner that asap.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Varod
Things that needs fixed, (but will not be fixed).

Well this is a great start.

-Always Online; you guys really $@#!ed up this one.

An opinion with zero reasoning behind it. You COULD have given reasons, but chose not to. Thus, you will be ignored.

-The Chat System; in beta they had no plans to add a chat system, we complained about it, and so they did an intern effort on it. There needs to be another lobby where you can see who else is playing with you, the community.

Personally, I could give a rats posterior about "the community".

-The Match Making System; another cop-out, I expected to have a game creation system like in diablo 2 with PROPER filters; not an xbox live matchmaking emulator.

You set expectations, they were not met. Instead of accepting that, you instead accuse the designers of failing. Nice.

-Identify All; stop being !@#$%^-s about it and let us identify-all. We waste so much of our time Identifying this crap one at a time, driving the point home further when it’s a piece of crap.

If it's a waste of time, don't do it. If you are doing it, it must not be a waste of time.

-Itemization; it’s been already beat to death. You know exactly what’s wrong.

Strangely enough, I've seen dozens and hundreds of threads complain about itemization, but I've seen few - if any - actually offer up a way to fix it. Personally, I think itemization is fine.

-Weapon damage to spells; “why does your sorc have a crossbow? Did you find some new niche pvp build?” “No, it’s got higher damage than anything else”.

This is the most ridiculous comment in the entire list. Having your GEAR effect your CHARACTER is a wonderful change. There are things I would complain about in D3, but this is NOT one of them.

-Gear below max level is pointless; Since everyone can do everything, that everyone else can do and vice versa, there’s no point in making new characters. Effectively making any drops below max level cap worthless.

Aaaaaand? This is bad, how?

-Rune System; a boring system that may as well not exist. You have skills and you can pick only 6 at a time very creative there guys.

Personally, I love the skill system. I get to change small elements in how I play all the time. I suppose you would rather level up a new character only to find out that skill XX is weak / not fun?

-Environments are too linear and copy pasted from Diablo 2; Act 1 and Act 2 are damn near copied word for word from diablo 2. Act 3 Is a mix-match of act 4 and 5. Act 4 is actually pretty original too bad it’s only 30 minutes long (and that’s with 15minutes of time wasted on dialogue and cut scenes.
Linearity is not necessarily a bad thing. And while the desert of Act 2 is similar to the desert of D2/A2, I don't remember there being a lush oasis, or crazy underground shadow zones, or a fight through a city. I do applaud you for admitting that something is good in D3. So many people these days pretend the entire game is a massive turd.

-Boss encounter started, you may not pass; What the hell were you guys thinking, by adding this how are you improving the gameplay? A ready check? Really? I love waiting for AFK people to press ready at the last second; or join a public game that has just started a boss where I have to stand around for 10 minutes with nothing to do.

Having the boss lock you out is actually a good thing. It encourages players to (gasp) play well. No more potion spam. No more "I can't die because I have a portal". No, now the great hero of Sanctuary has to actually be a hero.

-Dialogue pauses, ready checks for a cinematic; WHAT IS WITH THE READY CHECKS!!! If I’m in inferno I REALLY don’t care that magda is killing cain, I get it already. If I’m fighting diablo, I don’t want to listen to tyreal’s life story, or listen to diablo’s stupid rants.
Yeah, I agree here. I can be reasonable, too.

There’s more too, but I don’t really play the game anymore, because it’s not fun.
You don't play anymore, and yet your profile was updated 2 days ago?

I played it for about a month on softcore, and a month on hardcore.
You have ZERO progress in hardcore. As in a single level 1 character, and the progress bar is at the beginning. I think, maybe, I can smell the problem you have with boss lockouts.

I really don’t see a point in playing the game until an expansion comes out or something, because the nickel-dime content patches are too little too late.
Then don't play. No one is forcing you to, and you don't have to pay a monthly fee or anything.

It took a year for you guys to get a duel feature into a beta phase… something that should have been at release.

Meh, another feature I didn't care about - and still don't care about.

The infernal machine, copy pasted out of diablo 2 which probably took you a month to implement.

Are you complaining that it is too much like D2? Because earlier I felt like you thought the game wasn't enough like D2?

Monster levels because we heard you like difficulty, so we put a difficulty into your difficulty, so you can change your difficulty, after you've selected a difficulty.

This feels like a complaint that was included just to complain.

Oh and your story straight up sucks. Having it repeat every new act, really is annoying, back-burner that asap.

Well, you were right - this is something that they will not change.
Reply Quote
The OP is correct on everything but haven't expressed it in a correct way.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:43 PMPosted by XerX
Reply Quote

+1
Reply Quote
OP definitely isn't correct on everything thus why it all wont be fixed.
Edited by Kratos#1977 on 1/25/2013 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:43 PMPosted by XerX

Yes this post is very off the cuff. I've got a policy where I don't work for free.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Inferis
The OP is correct on everything
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:37 PMPosted by R2C2
You have ZERO progress in hardcore. As in a single level 1 character, and the progress bar is at the beginning. I think, maybe, I can smell the problem you have with boss lockouts.

I had a 57 demon hunter, she's passed on 6-30-12. I uninstalled shortly after, not out of anger, but out of apathy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]