Diablo® III

Looking for gearing advice (??)

"Wait - doesn't this guy have a gearing services thread...?!?"

Well, yes. =) But as I've said repeatedly to the ones who've come to me with budgets of 800 mil and 1 bil or whatever - I don't know that market very well, or that level of gear.

My ultimate goal has always been to be SnB. I just think there's something aesthetically, philosophically right about it. =) I think I'd be fat, dumb and happy sitting plump at 120K DPS, with 60K life, 700 resists and 6K armor. That's the goals I'll set for myself for now.

I just bought a Witching yesterday. Cost me 29 mil, which I think is a good deal for this one. (You guys agree...?) I had been ramping up resists and vit in anticipation of losing my mega-EHP belt. But, now that I have some decent attack speed even with a shield (2.00 at least), I'm starting to think I want to head in this direction more permanently, so I found this shield that I won on bid for 3 mil, and an ammy (scrapz's suggestion?) with crit dmg and attack speed for 800K. =) You can see all this gear on my profile, the weapon I'm using there is my current OH on the DW setup.

So - I know a good weap with crit dmg (instead of dex, presumably) is a must. But other than that? I only have 80 mil right now, mind you, but just leaning forward, what are some things I should upgrade? Both rings can have an additional DPS modifier, I know, but where's a good place to make up the EHP lost this way? I was thinking of getting a trifecta ammy for the attack speed, but without the avg dmg. Basically, keeping same DPS but increasing IAS. Worth it? I am an IAS junkie, I'll admit, but I'm also thinking spirit regen and LOH...? Maybe gloves with lower dex but trifecta....

Thanks!

EDIT : Just saw Piffle's thread after I posted this - kinda made me feel a bit better. =))
Edited by Silver32#1142 on 1/25/2013 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
29M for that WH is a fair price, sure you can even make a profit selling it in the future!
Reply Quote
Make sure you get life steal on ur wep because that is the only place you will be able to get it if you are s/b.

Also s/b monks are missing crit dmg compared to dw monks. So having a socket and some CD would prolly be good as well.

I've never actually made a s/b monk, but from what I've read my advice seems sound.

GL with ur build!
Reply Quote

29M for that WH is a fair price, sure you can even make a profit selling it in the future!

Yep, I wasn't really planning on buying it just yet (although the EHP stats were all ready to accomodate it), but that one just appeared and I thought it was too good to let go, so I made the plunge. =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]