Diablo® III

Gruesome Fest

Hi all,

For several weeks this though has beeing my head, but I am reluctant to post it because I'm still not entirely sure that it gets anywhere, but well. In the end I decided to share it with the community, see what you think. I have also posted it on EU Forums so i will add some good answers that improve my proposal.

I have all the characters except the monk (who is the only one not just convinced me, but I know relatively well the class because I've seen playing several good monks, as Invis or IndigoMontoya) and I am disappointed with the form that WD get their buffs.

I'm not saying they're bad, but honestly, they are not the best designed possible. I think the WD is perhaps one of the hardest classes to equip: If you want to be able to never be out of mana, you can not just jump on the dps of any manner. You can not go to the ah and put the name of the best one-handed weapon with the best stats and done.... because you run out of mana and your wonderful dps will be reduced because only non-consumers attacks are useful, as happens in many WD, that are only able to use the Ghost Bomb.

- If you catch one echoing fury, mana regen lost in the main.
- If you want an off with mana regen and critical, it costs a pretty much
- If you get an off than the Zuni, you have to put the helmet Zuni if you want the mana regen buff for not running out of mana.
- If you wear a helmet Zuni, you can not put the best helmet, Mempo
- Whatever the case, if you want the mana regen buff, you need a Zunimassa's Pox, wich worth an eye and a kidney.

Summarizing: Equipping is difficult ... and costs tons of gold. In addition, this stats are more scarce and more expensive. I got +25 mana regeneration and -12 mana cost to bears and still got some troubles with mana in some situations, for example, fighting ubber bosses or long fights in general, where you can bennefit from grave injustice or mana regen of sacrifice rune because dogs cd is a little high to get that.

- For example, a DH is available to equip Manticore with 2 sokets, the best possible option. It is expensive, but gives you a brutal boost in your dps. That is it, can take 2h weapons (the best, actually) without losing the benefit of taking an off hand.
- Wizzard regeneration from critics is brutal and has permanent damage buffs like Glass Canon, Familiar, Storm Armor, runes of Slow Time ...
- The Barbarian has critical 18% and 50% of CHD increased with all buffs available.
- And the monk ... XD well, until now they dont even need a spirit consumer to kill azmodan mp10 in under 30 segs so... XD And now all consumers will be improved with 1.0.7

In conclusion, the WD has two interrelated problems have "little" dps compared to other classes because they need a stat wich is not found in any item or any price. The solution, simply change the mechanics of gruesome feast. Instead of being required pick up Health Globes in order to get 1 stack (knowing that picking health globes is a little annotying and not always possible), you will get an stack with a crit. Instead of being a 100% chance to get a stack when you crit, you will have a chance to get the stack. So if you have a crit chance arround 40%, for example, you can almost spam abilityes and constatly have 5 stacks.

As DOS (EU) said in the european post:
The timer could be set down so its still a challenge to keep the stacks up. They could have different times for each stack. First stack having the longest countdown.

Stack 1: 20 second countdown
Stack 2: 10 second countdown
Stack 3: 5 second countdown
Stack 4: 4 second countdown
Stack 5: 3 second countdown

Also has been said that maybe +50% intel will be a little too much, so can be reduced in order to balance the buff when it becomes permanent.

With this simple change would end not only the problems of lack of mana and dps. Furthermore, no longer will be necessary increased pick up radius in order to use gruesome fest, so one stat less to take care of.

PS: Sorry about my english, im from Spain and my lvl is not the best, as you have seen XD.
PS: When i talk about buffs, i talk only about permanent buffs in every possible scene, both unitarget and aoe.
Edited by Asgard#2173 on 1/27/2013 6:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Asgard has this thread going on the Europe WD forum also.

The gist of it is he wants to change Gruesome Feast so that its timer works off of critical hits.

The original thread http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6494359448
Reply Quote
@Sky
Yes... its mine XD And i have already said it in the post. But i want to know the opinions of US comunity also
Edited by Asgard#2173 on 1/27/2013 7:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
ya wd got screwed hard when monster power was introduced without any thought to our on kill or health globe mechanics.
Reply Quote
Yes, thats what i think. So mechanics must be adjust to the actual situation
Reply Quote
I don't know about you guys but I like me some GF + Thing of the Deep for some low MP speed farming. There are plenty of health globes to make it efficient.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 01:26 PMPosted by TheKraken
I don't know about you guys but I like me some GF + Thing of the Deep for some low MP speed farming. There are plenty of health globes to make it efficient.

The issue isn't lower monster power farming with TOTD and GF.

The issue is the simple fact that mana, WD passives and our gearing options don't sync well enough to combat the high health of monsters in higher monster power.
Reply Quote
The issue is the simple fact that mana, WD passives and our gearing options don't sync well enough to combat the high health of monsters in higher monster power.

Thats the point.

Im not sure if i have written it correctly or what because there isn't a lot of answers XD

There is another post where there are some good proposals:
Maybe, GI can be affected by globes instead of on kill? And VQ could be changed to 'critical hits have a chance of creating health globes' or something like that? That way there's some kind of synergy between our passives?

Or, we could just change VQ to something like 'X% of damage returned as mana.' That way, it scales with our ever increasing DPS and allows us to stack attack speed, as well. GI would still need some work, but it would possibly let us use PtV...
Reply Quote
never going to happen. it will make crit chance gear 10 times more expensive and be more favorable than it already is, and gruesome feast a must have passive, these are not blizzard's idea of build diversity.

gi/gf is meant to be used as effciency booster when you can crush the level. sa/br is made to compensate mana shortage. blizzard basically tells us to use sa/br for mana regen if you enjoy play hard fights and use gi/gf if you enjoy crushing monsters. and there are other alternatives such as 0 dogs and long range builds.

by making the change you suggested, it will reduce build diversity, which is why i think it will never happen.
Reply Quote
never going to happen. it will make crit chance gear 10 times more expensive and be more favorable than it already is, and gruesome feast a must have passive, these are not blizzard's idea of build diversity.

gi/gf is meant to be used as effciency booster when you can crush the level. sa/br is made to compensate mana shortage. blizzard basically tells us to use sa/br for mana regen if you enjoy play hard fights and use gi/gf if you enjoy crushing monsters. and there are other alternatives such as 0 dogs and long range builds.

by making the change you suggested, it will reduce build diversity, which is why i think it will never happen.

Kill build diversity? It would open the possibility for bears/cloud being more viable in higher monster power. There are always going to be passives every class uses, it's just the way the game is made.

EVERY class except WD has a sync between getting cc on gear and passives that aid regeneration to their resource based on that CC. It's just the way of the game. WD don't even have the option.

I also suggested the % mana return on damage. Sure, it might become a necessary passive for higher monster powers. But, it will make WD more competitive with ww barbs and cm wiz when it comes to mp 8+ and ubers.

Also, as a design concern it makes absolutely NO sense that WD don't get to benefit from one of the best damage modifiers...attack speed. Every other class gains a flat benefit, in fact, it aids their resource regeneration.
Edited by Windgrace#1856 on 1/28/2013 8:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
Kill build diversity? It would open the possibility for bears/cloud being more viable in higher monster power. There are always going to be passives every class uses, it's just the way the game is made.

EVERY class except WD has a sync between getting cc on gear and passives that aid regeneration to their resource based on that CC. It's just the way of the game. WD don't even have the option.

I also suggested the % mana return on damage. Sure, it might become a necessary passive for higher monster powers. But, it will make WD more competitive with ww barbs and cm wiz when it comes to mp 8+ and ubers.

Also, as a design concern it makes absolutely NO sense that WD don't get to benefit from one of the best damage modifiers...attack speed. Every other class gains a flat benefit, in fact, it aids their resource regeneration.

After all things that a lof of people have said to me in EU forums, i can only say thanks to understand me in all things i try to share with community. Thats exacly the point. Thanks again. That's exacly the issue of all of this. Of course, if other pople has better ideas that supports that, are welcome.
Edited by Asgard#2173 on 1/29/2013 11:29 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]