For several weeks this though has beeing my head, but I am reluctant to post it because I'm still not entirely sure that it gets anywhere, but well. In the end I decided to share it with the community, see what you think. I have also posted it on EU Forums so i will add some good answers that improve my proposal.
I have all the characters except the monk (who is the only one not just convinced me, but I know relatively well the class because I've seen playing several good monks, as Invis or IndigoMontoya) and I am disappointed with the form that WD get their buffs.
I'm not saying they're bad, but honestly, they are not the best designed possible. I think the WD is perhaps one of the hardest classes to equip: If you want to be able to never be out of mana, you can not just jump on the dps of any manner. You can not go to the ah and put the name of the best one-handed weapon with the best stats and done.... because you run out of mana and your wonderful dps will be reduced because only non-consumers attacks are useful, as happens in many WD, that are only able to use the Ghost Bomb.
- If you catch one echoing fury, mana regen lost in the main.
- If you want an off with mana regen and critical, it costs a pretty much
- If you get an off than the Zuni, you have to put the helmet Zuni if you want the mana regen buff for not running out of mana.
- If you wear a helmet Zuni, you can not put the best helmet, Mempo
- Whatever the case, if you want the mana regen buff, you need a Zunimassa's Pox, wich worth an eye and a kidney.
Summarizing: Equipping is difficult ... and costs tons of gold. In addition, this stats are more scarce and more expensive. I got +25 mana regeneration and -12 mana cost to bears and still got some troubles with mana in some situations, for example, fighting ubber bosses or long fights in general, where you can bennefit from grave injustice or mana regen of sacrifice rune because dogs cd is a little high to get that.
- For example, a DH is available to equip Manticore with 2 sokets, the best possible option. It is expensive, but gives you a brutal boost in your dps. That is it, can take 2h weapons (the best, actually) without losing the benefit of taking an off hand.
- Wizzard regeneration from critics is brutal and has permanent damage buffs like Glass Canon, Familiar, Storm Armor, runes of Slow Time ...
- The Barbarian has critical 18% and 50% of CHD increased with all buffs available.
- And the monk ... XD well, until now they dont even need a spirit consumer to kill azmodan mp10 in under 30 segs so... XD And now all consumers will be improved with 1.0.7
In conclusion, the WD has two interrelated problems have "little" dps compared to other classes because they need a stat wich is not found in any item or any price. The solution, simply change the mechanics of gruesome feast. Instead of being required pick up Health Globes in order to get 1 stack (knowing that picking health globes is a little annotying and not always possible), you will get an stack with a crit. Instead of being a 100% chance to get a stack when you crit, you will have a chance to get the stack. So if you have a crit chance arround 40%, for example, you can almost spam abilityes and constatly have 5 stacks.
As DOS (EU) said in the european post:
The timer could be set down so its still a challenge to keep the stacks up. They could have different times for each stack. First stack having the longest countdown.
Stack 1: 20 second countdown
Stack 2: 10 second countdown
Stack 3: 5 second countdown
Stack 4: 4 second countdown
Stack 5: 3 second countdown
Also has been said that maybe +50% intel will be a little too much, so can be reduced in order to balance the buff when it becomes permanent.
With this simple change would end not only the problems of lack of mana and dps. Furthermore, no longer will be necessary increased pick up radius in order to use gruesome fest, so one stat less to take care of.
PS: Sorry about my english, im from Spain and my lvl is not the best, as you have seen XD.
PS: When i talk about buffs, i talk only about permanent buffs in every possible scene, both unitarget and aoe.