Diablo® III

I call it DIABLO 3.5!!

01/27/2013 02:34 PMPosted by AlphaWing
i love diablo 2, but diablo 3 not as much as diablo 2. it makes me really sad that they made diablo 3 in to a Auction House game, and did not us what made diablo 2 so great of a game!

I like diablo 3 a lot, but i agree that i loved diablo 2 a lot more. However gonna wait another year or so + expansion b4 i give it my final say. D2 now from d2 12 years ago was a lot different.

As for AH, I do not see it as an issue. I see many people say its pay to win and rmah + gah etc etc. The problem isnt that the AHs exist its that people feel forced to use the AH because they can farm for 1000 hours and not get anything good.
Reply Quote
You do realize though some WANT other stats on items... like 10 intel converts into 1 AR. Not much but its something, and dex helps dodge etc etc... all the stats have a difference even if its not your main stat..

i agrre with you thunder... bu t srsly despite this the rest is perfect!
Reply Quote
hope that theese changes wil come one day
Reply Quote
I like the gem combining idea ... the added storage space would be nice too ... especially for those of us who have a full roster of characters and farm for gear for all classes.

A new tier of health potions would be nice, but that would make +health from globes even more undesirable ...

Instead of changing the gem crafting time to 1 sec, just have an option to craft multiple gems of the same time at once, like 9 perfect square for the star gems ... instead of doing them 1 at a time.

Cool post and some good ideas. +1
Reply Quote
I like the gem combining idea ... the added storage space would be nice too ... especially for those of us who have a full roster of characters and farm for gear for all classes.

A new tier of health potions would be nice, but that would make +health from globes even more undesirable ...

Instead of changing the gem crafting time to 1 sec, just have an option to craft multiple gems of the same time at once, like 9 perfect square for the star gems ... instead of doing them 1 at a time.

Cool post and some good ideas. +1

I was thinking of some sort of combine all for a certain gem class to the highest you could craft with the gems/gold/tomes you have but i couldnt think of a proper way to do it, and NOT have to do it if you didnt want to.
Reply Quote
btw guys im playin this game called poe i started playing it after seeing many threads about it and the game is like has waaay more content you should try
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Star
btw guys im playin this game called poe i started playing it after seeing many threads about it and the game is like has waaay more content you should try

Tried it months ago during an open beta, it might have changed since then, im sure it has, but i didnt like it at all. Skill tree was awesome but combat and the sockets and stuff i did not like at all.

P.s. Lets try to stay on topic -_-
Reply Quote
- Added an identify all item option
- Maximum players allowed in one game increased from 4 to 8
- ALL properties are now searchable through the auction house, such as mf & gf on weapons.
- Act 4 now has new areas with new dungeons (basically increase the content in act 4)
- Fast mode option now exists (All chat boxes, cinematic scenes, character talks etc etc dont exist)
- Waypoints and acts open to all games, now you can go where you want when you want.
- Class items can no longer roll other class stats (such as spirit stones with intel, mighty belts with dex, wiz hats with monk skills etc etc)

%100 on board with these ideas

You do realize though some WANT other stats on items... like 10 intel converts into 1 AR. Not much but its something, and dex helps dodge etc etc... all the stats have a difference even if its not your main stat..

Yes other stats do help a bit, and there not to bad for a bonus, but for class items your saying as a monk you would rather have intel roll on your helm then dex?
Reply Quote
No other feedback eh?
Reply Quote
I love your gem suggestions. For the crafting time, i'd go a bit further and allow queuing.

For your items suggestions i'd rather see elemental damage affixes being meaningful again by adding the special proc effects they were supposed to have in addition to the damage they deal. They could also spawn in other gear slots, other than your weapon. If proc effects are appealing enough, they could make stuff like frostburn gauntlets quite valuable for certain builds.
Cold = slowing
Lightning = stunning
Fire = fear
Poison = dot spreading
Holy = ??? (small LoH bonus, perhaps?)
Physical = bleeding (stronger than poison's dot, but not spreading)

About the gameplay suggestions:
- I don't think adding PuR to paragon levels is a good thing, considering the huge benefit said affix provides for certain builds. Same thing to added health per globes. These 2 in conjunction with being permanently added for free would be pretty lame.
- Stat allocation being manually made isn't really relevant, considering you'd pretty much end up putting everything into your mainstat and vitality. The same thing happened in D2, and that's why they made it automatic, so i see no point in this particular suggestion.
- Followers don't need to deal more damage. With a proper gear setup they can do a lot on their own, but i believe most of us rely on them for their auras (crit from scoundrel, ias from enchantress, resource generation/life regen from templar). I wouldn't mind being able to give them more gear, though. 4 slots seems quite lacking compared to D2's mercs.

Added "Mana Pool" (works just like health pool, but restores resource pool to max instead)

I don't understand this one.

The rest seems pretty good.
Reply Quote
I love your gem suggestions. For the crafting time, i'd go a bit further and allow queuing.

For your items suggestions i'd rather see elemental damage affixes being meaningful again by adding the special proc effects they were supposed to have in addition to the damage they deal. They could also spawn in other gear slots, other than your weapon. If proc effects are appealing enough, they could make stuff like frostburn gauntlets quite valuable for certain builds.
Cold = slowing
Lightning = stunning
Fire = fear
Poison = dot spreading
Holy = ??? (small LoH bonus, perhaps?)
Physical = bleeding (stronger than poison's dot, but not spreading)

About the gameplay suggestions:
- I don't think adding PuR to paragon levels is a good thing, considering the huge benefit said affix provides for certain builds. Same thing to added health per globes. These 2 in conjunction with being permanently added for free would be pretty lame.
- Stat allocation being manually made isn't really relevant, considering you'd pretty much end up putting everything into your mainstat and vitality. The same thing happened in D2, and that's why they made it automatic, so i see no point in this particular suggestion.
- Followers don't need to deal more damage. With a proper gear setup they can do a lot on their own, but i believe most of us rely on them for their auras (crit from scoundrel, ias from enchantress, resource generation/life regen from templar). I wouldn't mind being able to give them more gear, though. 4 slots seems quite lacking compared to D2's mercs.

Added "Mana Pool" (works just like health pool, but restores resource pool to max instead)

I don't understand this one.

The rest seems pretty good.

As for elemental damage i agree, i would like to see some meaning behind them. However as it is they are pointless, just another mod that needs to be rolled so a weapon can have 800+ dps or so. If they had a relevance then maybe my ideas would have to be switched.

As for the followers they do a decent amount of damage, but do you remember the mercs in d2? Fully geared they were just as good as a hero almost. They could tank, give bonus auras, kill easily etc etc. Far cry from followers in d3.

As for stat allocation you may be right, but we should have the choice. Maybe some people want to roll with 10,000 hp and get as much dmg as they possibly can. Maybe some would rather have a bit lower dps and have more like 70,000 hp etc etc.

As for the mana pool, i ment the "health well" that is found randomly during gameplay. Again, why they would have a mana and health one in d2 and take out a mana one for d3 i have no idea
Reply Quote
I would never agree about having 8 players, the screen is already confusing with four players and can hardly see the mouse pointer. You need to get over about the fact that 4 is much better in terms of teamwork and communication.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 02:41 PMPosted by happynikon
I would never agree about having 8 players, the screen is already confusing with four players and can hardly see the mouse pointer. You need to get over about the fact that 4 is much better in terms of teamwork and communication.

Guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if i completely disagree with it +)

None the less, tnx for the feedback
Reply Quote
Some good suggestions, but also a few lacking in creativity. Some of them are just overly simple and won't solve the issue they are aimed at. I'm not sure you gave some of these a thorough evaluation... You missed a few things, though I'm much too lazy to list them out and give them explanation.

8 players is too many and wouldn't be fun, just like it wasn't in D2.
Shrine of damage is a boring idea.
Some of the itemization suggestions aren't going to cut it. Itemization in this game needs a lot of work still. 2h weapons, for instance, don't need more crit dmg, they need higher base damage and unique affixes. The choice between 2h and 1h shouldn't be so easy for the majority of players.
etc.

Either way, decent post.
Edited by Gosu#1173 on 1/29/2013 8:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Some good suggestions, but also a few lacking in creativity. Some of them are just overly simple and won't solve the issue they are aimed at. I'm not sure you gave some of these a thorough evaluation... You missed a few things, though I'm much too lazy to list them out and give them explanation.

8 players is too many and wouldn't be fun, just like it wasn't in D2.
Shrine of damage is a boring idea.
Some of the itemization suggestions aren't going to cut it. Itemization in this game needs a lot of work still. 2h weapons, for instance, don't need more crit dmg, they need higher base damage and unique affixes. The choice between 2h and 1h shouldn't be so easy for the majority of players.
etc.

Either way, decent post.

As for 8 players i disagree completely. I loved games in d2 with 8 players and im sure it would be enjoyable in d3 as well.

As for the shrine of combat/damage. Doing more damage is never boring ^_^

Itemization was only touched upon. It needs a complete overhaul for sure. Again as i stated in my first post this is only a start to some ideas. Things would have to be changed/removed/added/tweaked etc.

I am getting some good feedback on what they like or dont like but no one throwing out their own ideas :/
Reply Quote
Who else :)
Reply Quote
So I can summarize your list as follows:

1) Increase the drop rate, monster density, and pickup radius on higher difficulties so that players on lower difficulties can really feel like they are wasting their time and will never catch up.

2) Make better items more likely to drop because there isn't anywhere near enough inflation in this game.

3) Get rid of item affixes that you personally don't like because players who like builds you don't play are stupid and screw those guys.
Reply Quote
So I can summarize your list as follows:

1) Increase the drop rate, monster density, and pickup radius on higher difficulties so that players on lower difficulties can really feel like they are wasting their time and will never catch up.

2) Make better items more likely to drop because there isn't anywhere near enough inflation in this game.

3) Get rid of item affixes that you personally don't like because players who like builds you don't play are stupid and screw those guys.

not at all?

1.) Paragons levels should matter more then they do. No matter WHAT game you play the higher level you get the more stats/damage/survivability/hps w/e you get. In EVERY game. Why should it not work the same in d3? Whether you play casually or 20 hours a day the more levels you get the better you should be. As for monster power which im assuming your talking about, MP should be a challenge and WORTH it to fight harder monsters and die a few more times.

The increased experience does this in the comming 1.07 patch but what does it do once you hit parago 100? The harder the monsters the more they hit the better the rewards should be.

2.) Better drops has notthing to do with inflation. Dupers/Bots and all the issues/bugs that have come out since the middle of may when the game released are the causes of inflation.
Better drops should be an absolute given, even though i just brushed the topic of itemization it needs to be completely reworked. You shouldnt have to farm 10,000 hours in hopes of "winning the lottery" and getting one drop thats worth a billion gold. If drops improved so would you characters and the characters farming abilities and you wouldnt have to worry about what costs what on the AH because you could much more efficiently gear yourself.

3.) Not at all, theres lots of mods that a lot of players use. Some mods, no one uses tho. Maybe .0000000000000001% of the people. How many people do you know build for melee damage dealt to attackers or for ignore durability gear?

Again these are all just ideas and your feedback/opinions are welcome but 2 out of the 3 of them just plain dont make any sense
Reply Quote
I want to add some new ideas:
- Bigger stats rewards while leveling up in paragon: There's almost no real difference between a paragon level 1 and 100 regarding to stats, i know they're like "fake" levels to make us happy for more time, but you should feel that your character is a little stronger while leveling up paragon, which are the levels you spend more time in the game (to 1-60 normal levels you get in no time). So, it could be like 10 points instead of 3 to the main stat, 5 to life, and a plus to armor, like 10 points. With that your character will be stronger, so, they could make the mp levels a little harder or something to compensate.

- Add levels to the skill runes: As you use some runes in your skill, they can gain some exp, and level up to add a more powerfull feature. For example the rune splinter, does 60% damage, for the first level it could start at 40, at level 2 do 45%, and so on, to a total of 100% in the final level and some other cool feature like the enemy gets extra poison damage over 2 seconds, for example. I think it's an interesting idea that can be polished. It can be hard to implement because all classes should be balanced, and also should be the game difficulty. But that makes a reward for using your skill runes (and it kinda makes logic, because the more you use it, the better you get). Also that will force players to pick some only some runes to make them better. It could be like 12 runes level, and add new animation at some levels.

- Boost potions: This can be hard to find potions (maybe only act bosses could drop them), that add some stats or features to your char during a small amount of time (like 1 min for example, and the cooldown for using another could be 10 min). It can be boost for dex, vit, str, int, armor, all resist, and maybe other stats. For example one potion can give you 200 int for 1 minute. This can add more strategy to the game, because you have to use them wisely.

- New socket system: White and blue items have no use in this game, so they could have the option to add socket. For this they should create a new rune-like system (like the one in d2). I know this is not a new idea, but it's always worth to mention, because i think it's in part the solution to all the drops problems and item customization that this game lacks. So now you can create items, and you will know how is going to turn out according to the "runes" you add to item, obviously you can combine them and make items worth the effort.

- Special quests: Some new quest that give you special rewards like making and artifact that give you a lot of experience, or something that add 1000 of life to your character for ever, or a random legendary item. All of this quest can only be made once per character.

- Better globin rewards: I know they improved the drop rate for the goblin, but i really don't see a difference, they could maybe make it difficult to find, and add some increased chance of drop a legendary or set piece.

Well, maybe i got a little off topic of what you wanted, because this are things that maybe never are going to get into the game, but i think it could make it more fun.
Edited by Spook#1152 on 1/31/2013 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]