Diablo® III

prepare to die in pvp WD , alot... :(

just tried pvp dual:
a. it did reduce damage which was great
b. barbs do have a 5:1 advantage vs wd
-almost all skills were useless since you are already dead
-drain and run kite skills were helpful like haunt because i had to get off the screen
c. critical is way over powered. 1 crit = death
-i have -30%+ reduce damage against elities, -15% damage passive, -20% damge passive, shield with 32% block = death death death.

1-30 kill ratio.

that was not the fun i had envisioned during beta! the beta videos looked more fun than whatever i just experienced. i tend to feel this game should of been critical hits 3 instead of diablo 3.

fyi I dont have 250+ crit or the ultimate gear build. but i have an utlimate defense build which is completely useless against critical hits.

i never imagined a year ago how completely important and stupid IAS and Crit would be. I thought this game would be of skill but it has become a bummer.
Edited by JRoeGun#1967 on 1/27/2013 6:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
u should be looking to duel against peoples alts. ask for duels with people under 50k dps. ull have a lot more fun if u pvp with people around ur gear and skill lvl
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 1/27/2013 6:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
au contraire....WD is the OP class in dueling so far. you're just not doing it right. You should go to the other forums and see how they devise strategies against witch doctors and all the complaints about us being too overpowered.
Reply Quote
That's some good Elite Damage Reduction you have, but it seems you have low armor, resists, and HP anyway, which is probably why the high damage redux doesn't mean much at all?

With Haunt, ya don't need crit, too (but your DPS is quite low too). =) Usually, it's the Barbs (and most of the other classes) who're complaining against us.
Reply Quote
I think with 1.0.7 it's WD's revenge. Let's find the craziest way to piss off ennemies. I have 153-164k dps unbuffed.

Hex of course, hex all the time!
explosive zombie dogs looks so much fun! fire works! booommm
I was thinking about hexing the ennemy and charging him with angry chicken, explode, then sacrify my 4 dogs... major explosion!

doesn't sound OP at all . he he he
Reply Quote

I was thinking about hexing the ennemy and charging him with angry chicken, explode, then sacrify my 4 dogs... major explosion!

not possible
Reply Quote
ah yea forgot hex/angry are the same skill haha
Reply Quote
lol really? or did u build ur wd the wrong way?

everyone fears WD
Reply Quote
People are starting to figure it out. I don't know about you guys but I have yet to see a crit for 850k-1m+ which is something I normally see in PVE. I've played a number of people that have figured out how to counter dots via mitigation, life regen, and well running, then if you have enough life to sustain (and regen) from crits you are pretty much set. My char isn't very "pvp" ready and for the first few weeks (has it been weeks already) I had no issues killing everybody I came across most of the time I would drop my biggest hitting spells because it was getting rather repetitive and boring. Now I'm finding the scales are starting to turn the other way. I need to start thinking how to mitigate incoming attacks where before I could just bombard them with attacks a random assortment of attacks and then quickly finish them off with a single strike of a big hitting spell.

Today I was playing against a guy whom I was able to stack Locust, haunt, TOH, and/or PB and HEX AND STILL not take him down unless I got really lucky with my SB follow ups. That's 4 DOTS draining him and a BIG hitting spell attacking him with a bonus of 20% (and an additional 30% from a SOJ, 6% from mojo).

That's a !@#$ ton of damage. If i let him get out of range (cause he would run when he would hit half life) he would quickly regen and I would have to start the whole process over again. In the meantime I had to be always ready to pop my hex if he came any where near me cause rend would drain me really fast.

This isn't the first guy I played like this either I've met a few now. If I focus I can win but all the running away, regenerating and repeating the process over again gets boring quick and I loose patients which results in slipping up and getting killed since I'm still in PVE gear. (good pve gear with all my gems switche to vit so 80k vit, but still pve gear)
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 1/28/2013 2:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ive played over 100 matches in the PTR.

I have only lost to a couple really good barbs.

To beat barbs you need ALOT of EHP and HP to absorb their rend long enough for you to SW. Once you are able to shrug off their rend using mitigation; its gg for them.
Edited by Pillz#1495 on 1/28/2013 3:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Here is how you beat rend barbs:

Bad medicine
Reply Quote
i donnu pillz i don't think you've got the damage to take these guys down. Maybe you borrowed a bunch of gear on PTR but if I can barely drain them @ 200k+ dps (with less then 1.3 AS) and stacking dots backed up with hex and SB. I don't see how you can do that with less then half the damage.

Again Bad medicine is only a means to mitigate the damage it doesn't help us take them down any quicker.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 1/28/2013 11:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
your gear is absolutely god awful and you have 39k hp. that's why you are losing

4 piece blackthorne WD lmfao what am i looking at
Edited by danitefox#1989 on 1/28/2013 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
for 6k elite kills op u got a pretty nice set, but yeah perhaps like post 2 said u should fight ppl who match up with u better. youll enjoy the game more imo, ie something on the level of my dex alts
wd is still pretty op if u know how to match up with different builds i think but like brahm said ppl have figured out how to counter other builds/classes a lot better as well
Reply Quote
Are you not using Hex, A.K.A. the strongest damn PvP skill in the game?
Edited by hexR#1870 on 1/28/2013 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
i donnu pillz i don't think you've got the damage to take these guys down. Maybe you borrowed a bunch of gear on PTR but if I can barely drain them @ 200k+ dps (with less then 1.3 AS) and stacking dots backed up with hex and SB. I don't see how you can do that with less then half the damage.

Again Bad medicine is only a means to mitigate the damage it doesn't help us take them down any quicker.

I sold my old efurry that I was using. It had me at 100Kdps and I was not having an issue with MOST barbs. I have 1.1mil ehp and close to 3k life regen. Yeah it took me a while to take some of them bulls down, but they were having a much more harder time taking me down.

Horrify = 12K armor for 8 seconds. Thats 80% reduction in all damage just from the armor alone. Thats not including my 20% melee reduction from the ears, 15% from jungle, 10% from lifelink dogs, and 800 all res.

Most could not understand why their rend was not working on me, 1/2 of the time my life regen completely countered the rend drain

DPS is a luxury in pvp IMO. Granted I do need to work on my current dps to take on the larger ehp barbs. However, for them to get to that ehp point, usually they have gimped dps as well.
Reply Quote

Exactly, stack more dps to take these guys down quicker and replace your mitigation lost with bad medicine.
Reply Quote

Exactly, stack more dps to take these guys down quicker and replace your mitigation lost with bad medicine.

man, if anything I will just use that ontop of my current mitigation. Yeah, I need about 60k more dps. Untill then, its fun being almost immortal and tanking melee classes. Does it really matter how quick I take them down?

Its nice not needing to kite. Or needing to attack in order to regen life. My zombie dogs dont die...ever. Pure EHP is fun to play.
Edited by Pillz#1495 on 1/28/2013 5:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
EHP+Reg is overpowering DPS.

At some point there going to have to lessen the dps nerf on pvp so people can like kill people.

But it's still funny right now :)

The other option and the better one is to nerf the Life reg/LOH the same amount as the dps. LS got scaled with the dps and life on death should not be a problem.
Edited by Umbra#1460 on 1/28/2013 5:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
EHP+Reg is overpowering DPS.

+1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]