Diablo® III

Can A Blue Please Respond About The Obvious Duping???

(Locked)

01/27/2013 09:00 PMPosted by Veda
So it might be a glitch in the AH resulted the display of the same item multiple times.

I would believe that but the 4 ammy's all had differing prices and end times so i reckon that rules out your theory.
Put a ticket in, see what happens.
I dont see what ticket option you could use, however this is literally game breaking. The players will now have no control over the economy, dupers now regulate the value of items.... This kinda stinks.
I found out a "report a hack" section and went through that.
However if you are clever enough you can bypass the set questions and thereby submit a ticket.
You need to tell lies to do this though.
Requested sticky to try to keep this post active. I know it won't happen so please keep bumping it.
i was going to buy the ice climbers few days ago, then saw 3 boots with same stats, too afraid to buy it cause don't want to get some stupid ban from blizz.

Now i can't even buy what i want. Thanks Blizz
01/27/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Moe
Can someone please tell me HOW to dupe exactly? If you think about it, the best way to get this stuff fixed if everyone knew how to do it...

I'll tell you how they are doing it. Its rather simple actually. First thing you do is start a private game. Take the item you want to dupe and drop it on the ground. Walk away from the item, try to stay in a straight line it makes the process easier. Click on your item so your character starts to walk twards the item. Now, timing is key, right at the same exact moment you pick up the item, click on a potion. Thow the potion on the ground and BOOM duped item. Your welcome.
Wow lol im old school diablo. So lets get started nothing will change its all about money so understand its the haves and and halve nots so pay or pray thats the d3 way and hope you get lucky.............................................
I'll tell you how they are doing it. Its rather simple actually. First thing you do is start a private game. Take the item you want to dupe and drop it on the ground. Walk away from the item, try to stay in a straight line it makes the process easier. Click on your item so your character starts to walk twards the item. Now, timing is key, right at the same exact moment you pick up the item, click on a potion. Thow the potion on the ground and BOOM duped item. Your welcome.

I wonder how many will try this.
If it actually worked you would have had a Blue Reaction, but not the one you were asking for.

Haha, D1 hacker! ;)
View profile
First of all you do realize that Blues will not likely respond to most threads. The majority of players know why. Look there are many factors to consider.

First of all there was the Threatening Shout: Grim Harvest bug. That was causing the game to dupe items. I still say that there could be more glitches in the item generation system that could cause the game to dupe items.

Next you have Blizzard that has already said that they have been duped into duping for those that falsely report a hacked account.

Then you have the botting that has been going on. Don't you think that bots can do the same thing that dupers do in the past eight plus months. I was told that duping was not the only way copies where made in D2, some were found by the bots. Now if those players were lying then please clue me in and tell me how it is impossible for a bot to find a really great item.

Finally you have legit farmers that have been playing this game a lot since release. With tens of millions of hours played by hundreds of thousands of players per day 24/7. You are bound to have players run into some items that are the same.

I know what you and everyone else are expecting Blizz to do is to say this duping is rampant so our whole idea of being online only was crap here is your damn offline mode. So now you can dupe to the highest heavens for all we care.

Because that is what was no doubt the cause of the majority of the duping in D2. Players found ways to get the offline version to give them the gear that they wanted. Then they used the same thing on the online version since the online version was the same as the offline version.

So what you are seeing is a little of all of the above. But I do not think that you really have players that are able to dupe without the aid of Blizz doing it for them through the roll back exploit.
While I understand the desire for a response, what do you want them to say?

There's no simple solution, short of deleting all the items and banning the posting accounts. Which in itself is NOT a simple solution, truly, if you consider the ripple effect on legitimate purchasers.

The best anwser you could reasonably expect would be "We're aware and are looking into it."
When it comes to exploitations and other forms of cheating, Blizzard tends to avoid discussing it. In doing so, it legitimizes the "claims" of people and potentially will throw up a flag saying "we at Blizzard are watching you all carefully". It is much easier to work from the sidelines and decide on best course of action (since form where I see it, each course of action I think of has pros and cons) and when they feel they have a footing on the situation to where they can acknowledge it.

Although not guaranteed, if there is to be a major change, deletion of items, etc. A Blue or even a blog will be brought to our attention. On the other hand, they [Blizzard] may simply just keep silent and strike when ready (like with the botters, just have one major ban-wave and clean up the mess).

If there is rampant duping going on, do not expect Blizzard to go around discussing it until they found the means of stopping it, can detect it, and found a way of preventing it.
Well we know the blues are around because they are currently deleting threads. Let's see if they address an actual game problem while they are here

All this thread spamming about a known issue does is draw attention to yourself, not help in solving the issue, PROMOTES duping and learning about duping, and wastes everyone elses' time because they dropped into your thread.

It's a problem, they strike it down over and over again. If duping were an issue so serious that it actually did affect the economy and didn't result in instant fixing, we'd probably hear about a ton of D3 bans made into a blog post O_o.

Most of the dupes you are seeing are situations where blizzard was duped. Character restores involve duplicating the character entirely. When these items circulate, its not the fault of the people who bought them which is why the items still exist. The item probably gets traced back to its' origin account which is dealt with.

TLDR - I'm sure blizzard is doing something about it. Your thread spam isn't showing blues an issue they have no idea exists.
Bump
01/28/2013 01:32 AMPosted by Zinqf
TLDR - I'm sure blizzard is doing something about it. Your thread spam isn't showing blues an issue they have no idea exists.

So happy to see your answer to this situation, still be really nice to get an OFFICIAL response to this situation.

Such as a BLUE RESPONSE "ty for bringing this potentially game destroying hack to our attention" we are doing our utmost to eliminate all those involved.
It's the AH bugging out. People are posting stuff, then taking it down, and re-posting for a different price. But the AH is crapping itself so you still see the old post they made.
How do i prevent myself in buying duped items in the GAH?

do i have to browse all the items found in diabloprogress just to check if they exist on two characters?

Im afraid that my pants, helm and armor are duped. but they were all bought from the GAH without me knowing.
Edited by KALARO#6601 on 1/28/2013 6:20 AM PST
Could be dupes, could be a bug with the AH (it's been having issues for weeks).

With that said the constant deleting of these threads just makes people more suspicious that there is an exploit going on.

Blue response either way would go a long way in stopping these threads
IMO the AH lag and the "I got banned" posts we have seen in the last week are the result of something scanning items........lets hope so and be patient.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]