Diablo® III

How do I start getting into higher mp?

I do decent damage and have good crit chance, but I still die often. I notice that my life is kind of low but I just recently buffed it from 33k to 39k. I'm thinking it could be my andy helm and fire is just doing too much damage to me
Reply Quote
Yeah, see if you can find one with more like 6 or 8% more fire damage taken instead of 16%. I would also say that maybe attack speed is your issue, i found response time and faster animations had a direct impact on my survivability, and if you're using Wicked Wind then attack speed is going to be a huge bonus. Speaking of which, you can probably do away with the life regen for more All Rresist or Life on Hit, Wicked Wind has a very high coefficient and you'll eventually find that life regen is very little bang for buck compared to Life on Hit.
Reply Quote
29% attack speed.

1.995 APS. You can hit 2.0 breakpoint with enchantress but seriously in trouble.

This means that regenerating life is a problem sicne higher IAS means more LOH returns.

Your right you do great DPS, and its not your HP btw. Its your attack speed and your ability to gain life.

If I were you, I'd add attack speed and critical chance on every piece that can have it. If your set on keeping your slorak's wand then it will be harder for you hit higher speeds but still viable.

Your current setup has enough firepower for MP7. Yet the mechanics are more suitable for MP3.

Your going to need to shave off some DPS to make the build operational first, so add CC/IAS to all gear pieces. Try to have 2 items of LOH and over 800 loh total. Keep/add to your defenses currently. Your going to need to have 700AR and 4000 armor to even think about mp7.

In the end you'll shave off a ton of dps probably 50-60k but you'll be a more well rounded machine.
Reply Quote
Well I started off by getting a new andy helm before I read this post. I'll look into some life on hit weapons. Should I be getting a Chantos instead of my Sloraks? I always liked the extra cc for energy twister. What would be the most viable attack speed?
Reply Quote
I've been trying to find a good ammy with cc, int, and life on hit but thats insanely expensive. I'm sure i'll have to do a couple hours of grinding before my next good upgrade
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 12:35 AMPosted by TheInfamous7
Well I started off by getting a new andy helm before I read this post. I'll look into some life on hit weapons. Should I be getting a Chantos instead of my Sloraks? I always liked the extra cc for energy twister. What would be the most viable attack speed?

If you commited to the andys, then you have no choice but to use a wand with APOC and a source with APOC.

Since you can't afford a APOC chant's force, the occulus will have to do.

I believe 2.51 BP is achieve with your sloraks. You going to need 62% attack speed to hit it though.

Aim for that first.
Reply Quote
I'm not necessarily committed to the andy helm, its just all I can afford right now. APoC doesnt seeem to be a huge problem for me. I don't really notice running out of mana, cause im always crit hitting. More would be a nice luxury for sure though.
Reply Quote
Against 3+ targets APoC won't be an issue. Against 1-2 targets, however, more APoC will improve the build function significantly. It also helps immensly against mobs that like to run away.

Also, as others said, higher APS will greatly improve your ability to get to higher MP because it increases your DS uptime and LoH returns, meaning you gain more life and you take less damage, even with keeping your armor/resists the same. I highly recommend aiming for 2.5 APS since that's a significant improvement over 2.31 breakpoint. The problem is that will require a lot of IAS on your gear, so you'll likely lose some char sheet dps in the process. That loss should be offset by the increased performance of the build and will make it easier to switch to SA instead of energy armor, which is a huge dps increase (increases effective dps by 50-100%).
Reply Quote
Okay thanks that sounds like real good advice. I'll slowly try to get some better gear. Only have 3 mill right now.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 11:13 AMPosted by TheInfamous7
I'm not necessarily committed to the andy helm, its just all I can afford right now. APoC doesnt seeem to be a huge problem for me. I don't really notice running out of mana, cause im always crit hitting. More would be a nice luxury for sure though.

You really are not "okay" with 1 piece of APOC. Your going to need at least 2 (20+ APOC), even 30 APOC is recommended.

I've made 2 budget wizard builds with 1m each respectively, both needed 3 sources of APOC to function properly @ 2.01 APS and 2.31 APS.

Both also needed ~45% CC as well.

You can offset gear requirements with skill/rune combos like evocation, cold snap, deep freeze, stretch time, energy armor/pinpoint, etc.

But you want to aim to do it with gear a lone.

The results were very good and i'd highly recommend those stats. My defensive stats however were quite strong. About 650 AR and 5000 Armor. Even with 400 LOH I was able to tank and take down MP3 relatively stress free, albeit a bit slow with only 35-40k DPS.

You should really try to get these stats and farm the appropriate MP to get some decent results....
Reply Quote
I've been looking at some Chanto's force and I've seen some ones I can afford that give me more life but I lose like 6k damage. Is that worth it for the 9% IAS?
Reply Quote
Also should I swap out my ammy for something with IAS and cc and just take the decrease in damage?
Reply Quote
never prioritize dps when starting as a cm/ww-sns; build your foundation first (ias/cc; ar/armor/vit).

01/28/2013 07:37 PMPosted by TheInfamous7
I've been looking at some Chanto's force and I've seen some ones I can afford that give me more life but I lose like 6k damage. Is that worth it for the 9% IAS?

totally worth it
Reply Quote
The theory behind CMWW is to aim for the APS breakpoints and decent mitigation. You will likely drop char sheet dps but with good APS and mitigation you can make up for it by running SNS build, which is as much as 2x the effective dps as the defensive varients that run energy armor.

In short, gear for 2.5 or 2.73 APS breakpoint, with mitigation, THEN worry about the dps. If you don't care about Ubers, I'd say keep at 2.5 APS since it gives you a lot more options for higher dps and mitigation. If you do want to throw in some Ubers runs, aim for 2.73 so you can stunlock Rak/Ghom and SB/Kulle (with evo and cold snap).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]