Diablo® III

Evidence for AH lag causing duping hysteria.

http://i.imgur.com/YAvSO4Q.jpg

Notice how as the time left increases the price drops. Looks to me like it was just being relisted a lower price and the old auction was not being deleted. This entire episode also started about the same time the AH lag did.

This to me seems more reasonable than rampant duping.
Edited by FromtheAshes#1652 on 1/28/2013 7:08 AM PST
Reply Quote

Notice how as the time left increases the price drops. Looks to me like it was just being relisted a lower price and the old auction was not being deleted. This entire episode also started about the same the AH lag did.

Could be this, could be an exploit. Until there is a blue response and not simply deleting any threads mentioning an issue then these threads will continue to be created.
Reply Quote
NO WAY MAN, haven't you seen the same 2-3 screenshots everyone posts as evidence? And all the expert testimony from the junior ah tycoons?
Reply Quote
Could be this, could be an exploit. Until there is a blue response and not simply deleting any threads mentioning an issue then these threads will continue to be created.

I can understand not commenting on the alleged 'duping', but 2 weeks of brutal lag with no mention of maintenance or anything is strange.
Reply Quote

Except that the problem being caused by lag is like 100 times more likely.
Reply Quote

Notice how as the time left increases the price drops. Looks to me like it was just being relisted a lower price and the old auction was not being deleted. This entire episode also started about the same time the AH lag did.

That's my guess as well.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 07:09 AMPosted by ArmyofBono
Could be this, could be an exploit. Until there is a blue response and not simply deleting any threads mentioning an issue then these threads will continue to be created

01/28/2013 07:16 AMPosted by Tagg
Except that the problem being caused by lag is like 100 times more likely.

More likely perhaps but still just speculation until a CM responds in some way.
Reply Quote
I see this alot and with cheap(under 10m) items as well. Of course there's some dupes, mainly with high end items. The AH lag needs to be fixed.
Reply Quote
There was a post in the support forums indicating that a few days a go they did some kind of "server rollback" which they believe might be causing some of these issues.

I have no doubt there are certain items being duped but it is not rampant like everyone thinks it is. For the most part it's what the OP said: Listing latency. For some reason if you post an item...remove it and post it at a lower price the first post still shows up. It's difficult sometimes to determine what to bid on and what not to.

Best to stay away from the AH for a bit until they make an official announcement about it's repair.
Reply Quote
An item that is still listed because of the AH bug cannot be bid upon. You can bring your curser to the item and it will gray out, not allowing you to click the bid or buy out buttons. I know this because I had an item that was not removed form the queue for 5 or 6 hours after canceling it.

I have seen numerous duplicate items in the ah over the last week, and yes, If i wished to I could have bid on these items. Yes, there are duplicate postings of the same item via the AH bug, and Yes, there are duplicate items posted via roll back scams, and most likely some private duping method… as they are rampant.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]