Diablo® III

6 DUPED VILE WARDS ON AH, YES BLIZZ 6!WAKE UP.

(Locked)

Items should be bind on account once equipped. That way if you get a good drop you can't use you can still sell it, it still keeps the AH viable. But then it would be possible to have better items drop more frequently in game without completely flooding the AH with godly items. It was a bad design to have items resellable over and over, especially with duping gone the economy is destined to deflate to nothing unless they fix it.
I've seen Skorns with EXACTLY the same stats.
The economy needs to crash for blizzard to learn their lesson. rmah was a really poorly thought out idea.
If enough people dupe, the high end gear should eventually start lowering in price!

Yay!
It already has by milestones. That is not good though, because you will spend the next 1000 hours farming one of those items and GUESS WHAT, that same item that used to sell for billions will sell for 100 million and you will ask yourself was farming 1000 hours for this one golden drop really worth it?

Pretty soon there will be no reason to farm anymore because everything can be bought with 20 dollars on the rmah. (The price of a supersize big mac meal for you and your wife).

That's just market economics. That same 100 million will get you everything that the billions would have gotten you since you're saying everything will be cheaper, so no biggie. It'll just make the game look less daunting for new people to show up.
This is how they are doing it. Just google it and this site comes up and tells you exactly what to do

http://www.diablo3farming.com/2012/09/11/diablo-3-farming-exploit-dupe-your-items/

Blizzard. See my thread here on the issue as well...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7789949048
While old. 15 or so players have these very nice rare pants for dex users

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/10957066

Vanguard Floruish
+100 Strength
+172 Dexterity
+270 Vitality
+72 Resistance to all Elements
2 Sockets

all with same name, armor, everything.
I don't get it, I never played Diablo 2 but to my understanding, end game gear was cheap due to dupes and high drop rates and people liked that.

Now the same thing is happening here, but nobody likes it?
I don't get it, I never played Diablo 2 but to my understanding, end game gear was cheap due to dupes and high drop rates and people liked that.

I think it's a good thing since they keep people from pricing stuffs out of control. I feel like they should have kept the GAH limit at a much lower rate if they wanted to control the inflation. Since people can't sell for a lot, they can't accumulate as much gold. The dupers may be the only ones to be able to keep the price down.
View profile
I was using the compare option in the auction house to looking into upgrading one of my rings.

Darn if there wasn't an identical ring for sale. So I went to diablo progress and found 6 more. What the Heck?
Yeah it's duping alright. The people listed on that Diablo progress also have the same gear on their battle.net armory, and all accounts have been updated within a day of each other or less.

It's basically roll back duping. You can only do it on your account twice at most, so I still don't see this ruining the economy any time soon, because while a lot of GG items are being created, it's nowhere enough for every player to have one, which is where the real problem comes in.

It's duping, and it sucks, but it still hasn't reached the duping you saw in Diablo 2. And with such limited means of doing it, I don't see it ever reaching that point. I mean, all you have to do is look at prices for GG items on the AH right now. If they've fallen below the typical 500m-2b range, then you'll know something is wrong.

Hopefully some of these roll back dupers get their accounts hacked and then when they really need to have a roll-back, they'll find they're SOL because they've used them all up. lol

Blizz needs to get their roll-back system into shape and find a way to prevent this however. At the very least they need to find a way to check if duplicate items exist when they do a roll-back... or something.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 1/29/2013 10:20 AM PST
just so u know as long as items cost more then a new account, people will just buy new accounts transfer items then roll back said account and buy new account and continue to dupe items until said duped item has droped enough in price where its no longer profitable then u take ur profits and buy a new item and repeat continuously, frankly im surprised there are not infinitly more duped items any item costing more then the price of a new account is just asking to be mass duped for profit.
View profile

I think it's a good thing since they keep people from pricing stuffs out of control. I feel like they should have kept the GAH limit at a much lower rate if they wanted to control the inflation. Since people can't sell for a lot, they can't accumulate as much gold. The dupers may be the only ones to be able to keep the price down.

I have made lots of gold (millions) in the GAH, several times. Could be billion but it burns a hole in my pocket so I have to spend :)

I agree, I think the cap is too high.
01/29/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Darthi
just so u know as long as items cost more then a new account, people will just buy new accounts transfer items then roll back said account and buy new account and continue to dupe items until said duped item has droped enough in price where its no longer profitable then u take ur profits and buy a new item and repeat continuously, frankly im surprised there are not infinitly more duped items any item costing more then the price of a new account is just asking to be mass duped for profit.

Even still, that's a ton of work, and I doubt most players will be dedicated enough to go for that route.

We shall see though, I guess.

What I don't get is that every item has a simple ID attached to it. This is just a matter of finding duplicate IDs, the same as with any form of item duping detection. Bleh.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 1/29/2013 10:25 AM PST
Just a tip for the community, you should know that the best Blizzard can do is to restrict the same exact stats item on the AH, but not to delete them. That means duped item can still exist and can continue to be duped, just that there would be only one you will see on AH.

That means you don't get to complain because you see no duped items.

I heard a person made $60,000 out of duping items in RMAH since last year, that's half of my student loan right there.
01/29/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Ignatius

Even still, that's a ton of work, and I doubt most players will be dedicated enough to go for that route.

We shall see though, I guess.

What I don't get is that every item has a simple ID attached to it. This is just a matter of finding duplicate IDs, the same as with any form of item duping detection. Bleh.

its not exactly a "ton" of work

its about 2-5 hours of work and when u think about how 50 usd is equal to about 200kk gold so items selling over 400kk gold are actually selling for over 100 usd and u can make copies of said item for 50$ which again is only 200kk gold so for half the price of the item in question u can end up with 3 items. not to mention items are going for 1.5b now and actually selling fast

nothing should be sold for over 200kk or whatever the going rate for a new game account is and until that is the case ppl will continue to "dupe" if anyone is to blame it is blizzard as they are the actual ones doing the "duping" as u stated b4 its not that hard to detect duped items really they need to work on how to compinsate ppl who bought duped items which is hard coz if u spent 50$ on rmah item then they just give u 50 blizzard bucks that will just discourage people from using rmah and tbh blizzard is still making a CUT off the duped items they dont wana do anything that stops the few people still actually playing.
Just a tip for the community, you should know that the best Blizzard can do is to restrict the same exact stats item on the AH, but not to delete them. That means duped item can still exist and can continue to be duped, just that there would be only one you will see on AH.

That means you don't get to complain because you see no duped items.

I heard a person made $60,000 out of duping items in RMAH since last year, that's half of my student loan right there.

thats it right there and tbh its not usually 1 person its a ring of people splitting profits
They're partying in Vegas.. I highly doubt they'll be awake at the moment :P
Not a dupe, everything is lagging.

AH is lagging for a week now which makes Diablo progress lag even more and report multiple ppl with the same item.
AH needs to be destroyed!!! It allows players who never play to still make it...

Also allows player who never play to log in once evry 2 days to put items back on the AH...

please let the ones who play, play!
i do find it kinda ironic that 80% of the users with the duped vile wards are korean........
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]