Diablo® III

Is my dps high enough for mp7. Throw barb.

I know I need more health. Just wondering if I do enough damage for mp7 or higher. If not tips would be awesome! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SpArTaCuS-1908/hero/12867007
Reply Quote
View profile
DPS isn't what will hold you back in high MPs. EHP and sustain are the big gear checks for high MP, having low damage just means it will take longer.
Reply Quote
Wtf does EHP mean?
Reply Quote
Ya what is EHP?
Reply Quote
Effective Health Pool.
A large number consist of all your AR,dodge,armor,HP,imitigation all in one.
Reply Quote
@OP, pretty sweet Lacuni and 300th! For your topic, I play MP10 with my SnB Barb regularly and switched to Throwing Hammer rune recently coz of 1.07 dueling. I believe you can stun uber very efficient but I am not sure if Slam is good enough for your dps output. HoTA is very popular for uber. I can be almost 90% cc with WoTB up and keep it till elite finished, crit hit yellow numbers usually from 500-700k. Did you play MP10? Usually how long do you take down an elite pack?
Reply Quote
I don't think you'll have any issues on MP7 except (maybe) with Reflect elites. We have similar DPS/LS/LoH, plus you have ~160k EHP (unbuffed) more than I do.

FYI, I've carried 2 dead players in MP7 Uber (Skele/Magh and Ghom/Raka portals), and also key farm in MP10 with maybe a death every couple of runs. @MP10, it takes me 2-4 min per elite pack (depending on affix). You should be able to do better. :)

You can also try changing your Slam / Stagger to Slam / Rumble. The aftershocks can crit (bonus Fury) and proc LoH (bonus healing). I can Slam (almost) indefinitely if there are at least 3 mobs in the Slam / Rumble zone.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the awesome feed back everyone! I've thought about using HOTA but I enjoy the AoE of SS and the stun it makes it easy to kite.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]