Diablo® III

Sixth Sense is viable.

Hi, I was running Resolve as one of my passives for a long time, until I managed to get my critical hit chance over 50 percent. I noticed that using Sixth Sense would give me over 15 percent dodge. Running Sixth Sense puts my dodge at 53 percent, which actually seems to give me more survivability than Resolve. Btw, I farm mp8 with very few deaths, and with fairly quick kill speed. I can do key runs in mp10, but it's a pain. I only post this because I noticed that Sixth Sense isn't used too much, but I wanted people to know it can be quite good, if you have the crit chance to make it worthwhile.
Reply Quote
Looks Good. ^_^

Yeah Sixth Sense def nice for Shield users. Since you guys will just have more crit from your shield.

Can also pop in Back Lash for just a change, and see how it is. I always had super fun with Back Lash when I used it. xD

When MoE is active your Evasion will be close to 70% I think. Yeah I know.. Overawe is just to good.. can't argue there.. I use it all the time. :3
Reply Quote
Yeah... it's basically The Guardian's Path for shield users, since they can't use TGP and dual wielders can't get more benefit from it than from TGP.

[qq mode]
Note to the Devs: It sort of means that there's actually TWO less passives choices for Monks... (3 if you're playing solo)
[/qq mode]
Reply Quote
It's TGP for shield users, as the others have said. I think, from a pure EL standpoint, it's inferior to Resolve until you hit 67% CHC, unless Resolve doesn't work against Fire Chains for some reason. I wouldn't use it in place of Resolve unless I was running Backlash.
Reply Quote
I never thought of it as TGP for shield users, but that makes perfect sense, and explains why it works so well for me!
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
It's TGP for shield users, as the others have said. I think, from a pure EL standpoint, it's inferior to Resolve until you hit 67% CHC, unless Resolve doesn't work against Fire Chains for some reason. I wouldn't use it in place of Resolve unless I was running Backlash.
I did a side by side comparison over a number of runs, and I seemed to die quite a bit more often when I was running Resolve. Your numbers may be correct, idk, but I was just going on my observations in-game. I certainly am no theorycrafter, lol.
Reply Quote
You don't need a full 20% dodge bonus for it to be better than Resolve. Resolve only works on what you're punching.

I'm also a little unsure as to whether Resolve works on things like ground effects if you've hit the elites just before they use them, or just doesn't work on the ground effects at all.

Then you have all the dodgy goodness of not getting stunned because an attack didn't hit you. 15% dodge bonus is pretty sweet. Better than resolve IMO.
Reply Quote
Resolve is pretty bad imo. :3 To random and I don't even think it helps with all of the elite effects.
Reply Quote
You might be happy to know that backslash procs resolve. Think about that...
Reply Quote
Resolve doesn't work on affixes. But neither does dodge, except for Fire Chains and Frozen bombs. But you're not going to run into those affixes as often as you'll run not melee. I like the point about not being stunned, though. On the flip side, dodge doesn't help you once you're stunned, but Resolve will continue to absorb a good chunk of damage. To each his own; I don't really like either skill :)
Reply Quote
You can dodge Arcane, Mortar and Electric too.. Unless those changed and I just didn't notice.
Reply Quote
Ive been incorporating 6th sense into my build for pvp on the ptr... at 65% crit chance i go from 49.5->59.6% dodge. then using mantra of evasion backlash, i get up to 65% (70%for 3sec) which is super nice...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]