Diablo® III

HotA vs WW vs CM vs Archon

I need to know which can have the most survivability and damage on the highest mp for 190m, seems like a lot of the people i've asked said HotA. I really need a lot of detail, all help is greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
I myself would think HotA build capable of handling MP10 would be more expensive than a WW build since you are having to take a lot more shots as opposed to WW build which is always moving around which allows better survivability vs attacks.

Archon is basically unattainable for MP10 unless you have the godliest of godly gear.

My bets would be with WW barb or CM wiz for 190 mil. I put together my initial barb for 170m and was capable of MP10. The articles below helped in gearing for me. I ultimately went with blackthorne's chest/pants since they were a lot cheaper than IK chest/IC boots/Inna's pants.

PhatPho's WW build gearing: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593621248
UberJager's WW gearing info: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592639226
Reply Quote
Taking a look at your WD how are they? And what could it do for 190m, they seem so underplayed and such, so I know even less about them.
Reply Quote
WD's are extremely fun to play... but making them MP10 capable is a lot more expensive than 190 mil. You can make a WD that can farm low MP levels efficiently for that amount...

It all depends on your goal. If your goal is MP10... then your best bet will be WW barb or CM wiz IMO. Other class builds that are MP10 capable would be more expensive.
Reply Quote
Whats the cost of an archon wiz that can farm mp1
Reply Quote
wait for next patch, HOTA build will be far more viable, ull see, i didnt see anyone comment on that but theyre fixing the loss of control when ur surrounded by mobs.
Reply Quote
I tested on PTR and hell, it was a breeze.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 09:58 AMPosted by PickleTickle

Not much, a few million should do it. Archon is crazy boring though, it's basically just 2 buttons.
Reply Quote
Alright, I mainly want it for those times where im lazy as s**t.
Reply Quote

WD's are extremely fun to play... but making them MP10 capable is a lot more expensive than 190 mil. You can make a WD that can farm low MP levels efficiently for that amount...

It all depends on your goal. If your goal is MP10... then your best bet will be WW barb or CM wiz IMO. Other class builds that are MP10 capable would be more expensive.

About how much is your WD?
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 09:59 AMPosted by CoisaRuim
wait for next patch, HOTA build will be far more viable, ull see, i didnt see anyone comment on that but theyre fixing the loss of control when ur surrounded by mobs.

What is the loss of control problem for HOTA? Can you explain?
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 10:31 AMPosted by PickleTickle
About how much is your WD?

I think I estimated me spending 1.5 bil on my gear. Some of them were quick sales from friends that gave me a good deal on. That is also without gems. I am not sure what the going rate for some of the items are anymore since I havn't really looked recently unless it was for an upgrade.

If you are wanting a class/build that you dont have to pay much attention to... I dont think WD is the class of choice. Just my opinion.
Reply Quote
Hota without doubt because it can be safely played on MP7 with rares /budget gears and 100k dps. It needs some time to master and get a grip of it. Not as fool-proof as ww, but significantly more powerful, challenging and even fun.
Reply Quote
I've only been able to survive MP10 with HoTA. I've tried WW with 2.48 and 2.62 AS (MH/OH) and have about 5k less DPS than with my Skorn, but can't survive with WW. It's more than likely I suck at WW, but having Rend + Bloodlust helps my survivability quite a bit.

I farm keys at a moderate pace in MP10 with my current barb profile on here.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 01:11 PMPosted by ThorienKELL
Hota without doubt because it can be safely played on MP7 with rares /budget gears and 100k dps. It needs some time to master and get a grip of it. Not as fool-proof as ww, but significantly more powerful, challenging and even fun.

In mp10 ubers I've played with way more barbs rocking skorn/hota than dw/ww so presumably it's either cheaper to gear or more effective. That said my survivability tends to be better. WW barb usually needs to drop warcry so you take a big drop in ehp. CM is really hard to get right, and even harder to get right with high dps (It's also tiring on ur fingers, lol).
Reply Quote
I've only been able to survive MP10 with HoTA. I've tried WW with 2.48 and 2.62 AS (MH/OH) and have about 5k less DPS than with my Skorn, but can't survive with WW. It's more than likely I suck at WW, but having Rend + Bloodlust helps my survivability quite a bit.

It's really simple: Hota peaks out far more DMG that any ww build, you need reasonably good cc(50%+) and keeping your furry always full - that equals constant critting and with belt and weapon with LS it means you heal yourself full in 3 strikes. Why not passive LS? Because superstition is way better where survival is critical (high MP)

For ww build to emulate hota damage you need far FAR better equipment. When I see ww barbs on ubers at MP 6 or 7 with damage comparable to mine I know they are gonna be quite useless, while I'll have to tank SB alone probably ^^

In mp10 ubers I've played with way more barbs rocking skorn/hota than dw/ww so presumably it's either cheaper to gear or more effective.

To put this simply, ww is great farming build. Hota is "big game hunter" build ^^

That said my survivability tends to be better. WW barb usually needs to drop warcry so you take a big drop in ehp. CM is really hard to get right, and even harder to get right with high dps (It's also tiring on ur fingers, lol).

It's not really so much problem in survival (ww is very resilient build) but in low damage output. Try taking 100k dps barb in MP 5-6 and you'll notice he needs very long time to killy anything. That's why I went on hota build 8and never looked back since)

CM is easy (tiresome true : ) to play, you don't need DPS at all for ubers. But gearing CM's is expensive. They need seriously high IAS and substantial EHP/AR
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 01:44 PMPosted by ThorienKELL
It's not really so much problem in survival (ww is very resilient build) but in low damage output. Try taking 100k dps barb in MP 5-6 and you'll notice he needs very long time to killy anything. That's why I went on hota build 8and never looked back since)

I'll agree hota has better damage output, until you can put rend in for fury generator.
Reply Quote
HoTa. if u look at my current profile u wont see my HoTa gear, just my farming gear. still need some major upgrades which are going to be expensive.

HoTa is fun! really high dmg output just need high CC% in a lot of gear. can solo mp8 no problem, and i can keep up with mp10 ubbers in a good group
Reply Quote
What about TR Monk?
Reply Quote
My barb is <15m invested, and I can survive mp10. Obviously it's a waste of my time, I kill incredibly slow, however if I can get ehp to survive with hota/rend with 15m.... 190m should be a breeze
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]