Diablo® III

Is Tank DH Back yet?

90 Pandaren Monk
With dueling on PTR I am back to playing and wow 2 legendaries in a 20min run was amazing on monster level 1. This game got way better!

I got a Stormshield for my old Tank DH but they took off LOH procs on traps.. Is this back yet!?.. or is there a replacement build?

Thanks,

MasterMike
Reply Quote
sentry - chain of torment procs LoH.
shurkien clouds also proc LoH

both of these also flash with gloom for long healing.
Reply Quote
There are a lot of replacement builds. All of them revolve around keeping up gloom at nearly 100% in order to fully mitigate damage you receive. I have one such spec on my DH currently.

LoH is a thing of the past bro, that is for low DPS players or leveling, not for high MP farming in my opinion. Life Steal via Shadow Power Gloom is more than enough for nearly any situation
Edited by Oscar#1292 on 1/29/2013 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So you would recommend scratching LOH go purely crit% crit dmg with gloom, sharpshooter, nighstalker (for discipline recharge) and archery with shuriken cloud and chains? Is it possible to be high dps while fighting hand to hand such as the wiz wicked wind freeze/crystallize/chain bomb?

Thanks again.

MasterMike
Reply Quote
While I agree that Perma-Gloom is better than LOH getting LOH on gear is not terrible especially if you want to abuse it and LS with Shuriken Storm and Chain of Torment. I just would not get it on your weapon unless you are planning on dual-wielding (which is not great right now). Having an emerald inside a socket and base critical damage is much better on a weapon whether it be a Manticore or Calamity. Best places if you want LOH is getting it on your jewelry. I am still on the fence with my Blackthorne's myself.
Reply Quote
So you would recommend scratching LOH go purely crit% crit dmg with gloom, sharpshooter, nighstalker (for discipline recharge) and archery with shuriken cloud and chains? Is it possible to be high dps while fighting hand to hand such as the wiz wicked wind freeze/crystallize/chain bomb?

I realized my current sentry has a chain of torment on it, i was experimenting. I normally use Marked for Death Grim Reaper in that spot. In my opinion, DH can actually do FASTER and HARDER damage than a CM/WW Wiz, but has a harder time stun locking as many targets. Also, with >40% Critical hit Chance, ditch the Sharpshooter. You lose a lot of mileage out of it at higher amounts of crit, which are pretty much a given in today's item market.

01/29/2013 05:05 PMPosted by tekkazerox
While I agree that Perma-Gloom is better than LOH getting LOH on gear is not terrible especially if you want to abuse it and LS with Shuriken Storm and Chain of Torment. I just would not get it on your weapon unless you are planning on dual-wielding (which is not great right now). Having an emerald inside a socket and base critical damage is much better on a weapon whether it be a Manticore or Calamity. Best places if you want LOH is getting it on your jewelry. I am still on the fence with my Blackthorne's myself.

I personally feel that using item slots for LoH is inefficient when you have a skill that is almost invariably going to be on your bar doing 15% life steal. If you get it, consider it a bonus, but I wouldn't go searching for it. I'd much rather use that item slot budget for something I actually would want, like Vitality or AR.
Edited by Oscar#1292 on 1/29/2013 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
"Is Tank DH Back yet?" is the title... didn't know it went anywhere???? LOLOLOL

Tanks are still there.... I have a 2nd dh that is more geared for a tank dh...... alive and well as far as I'm concerned. :)
Reply Quote
I prefer hybrid tank and dps DH.
Reply Quote
There are a lot of replacement builds. All of them revolve around keeping up gloom at nearly 100% in order to fully mitigate damage you receive. I have one such spec on my DH currently.

LoH is a thing of the past bro, that is for low DPS players or leveling, not for high MP farming in my opinion. Life Steal via Shadow Power Gloom is more than enough for nearly any situation

At what DPS though? Shadow Power certainly doesn't cut it at 125k.
Edited by Jumpem#1868 on 1/30/2013 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I tried a variety of builds that were mentioned and yeah I was able to survive... but my damage is way to low for certain higher MP levels. Any suggestions? (Besides spend billions of gold?)

Thanks,
Reply Quote
As with any RPG get your damage up and your hp (in our case, who) up to do more difficult content. A build will only bring you so far if your gear is woefully underpowered. 125k dps is very low. You can get an entire gear set to do mid level MPs on AH without much effort for under 75m and that's a completely scratch set. I know because I did it for a player the other day using buyout prices mid week. It as a total of 90m including flawless star gems. If you snipe bids youcan prob have 30% off that total
Reply Quote
I still run a DH tank, hybrid build with LOH. I can farm MP10 with relative ease. About the only thing i can not do is MP10 ubers because of the rage timers. I stick around MP7-8 ubers.

To fast farm i switch to a chakram build that is relatively easy to buy for. but then i can only farm MP2 and lower.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Oscar
As with any RPG get your damage up and your hp (in our case, who) up to do more difficult content. A build will only bring you so far if your gear is woefully underpowered. 125k dps is very low. You can get an entire gear set to do mid level MPs on AH without much effort for under 75m and that's a completely scratch set. I know because I did it for a player the other day using buyout prices mid week. It as a total of 90m including flawless star gems. If you snipe bids youcan prob have 30% off that total

It's expensive when you try to get AR on everything. Feel free to take a look at my current gear and make suggestions. I would prefer to keep my attack speed high. I have 30M to spend.
Reply Quote
My current DH build is an easy to buy for/play stunner. I'm Little Timmy poor so all the gear was purchased for <10 million total and it still pumps out 63k dps and can tank MP5/6 like its nothing (slight trouble on Leoric/Mahgda uber though since they move a lot). The efficiency is obviously not there compared to a 200k+ running a low MP so if you were thinking about farming this is probably not the answer lol. Overall its tons of fun to play and amusing to perma stun most things to death, I like to think of it as the smiter of D3 ^_^
Edited by God#1237 on 2/3/2013 10:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm loving the setup I have... I'm actually farming MP8 very efficiently, minimal deaths (only to freakin
falling maniacs lol)

I can do MP10 very easily too, but it just takes alot longer to kill elites.

M4D-Mortal enemy is key as well as fast asp. I got about 2.90 asp with my calamity + enchantress.

Hatred regen is amazing. Elites are usually perma stunned with grenades

Cluster arrow does amazingly quick dps and very spammable once you get setup properly.
Still looking for cluster arrow reduction gear to get even better with this build i got goin
smokescreen's poison gas also does wonderful dps + procs LS from gloom and generates hatred on Mortal enemy marked mobs.
Night stalker with nearly 3asp and 52 CC keeps me fueled at all times for disc.
Chain of Torment also procs LS from gloom and generates hatred on marked target.

65k hp + 500AR gives me plenty of survivability.
200k dps is plenty for rolling through mobs.

I'm loving my tank build, don't plan to ever change this (might make a few modifcations, like passives or bringing back the shuriken cloud)

overall, my current build is a blast.
Stuns everything so even ranged elites aren't that big of an issue.
Reply Quote
It's expensive when you try to get AR on everything. Feel free to take a look at my current gear and make suggestions. I would prefer to keep my attack speed high. I have 30M to spend.

look at my gear, I'm at 266 AR. I can tank MP10, but no, I'm not so stupid or lazy as to sit in arcane beams, Frost bombs, desecrate, or molten trails. Smoke Screen is a great emergency savior, works perfectly.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Oscar

look at my gear, I'm at 266 AR. I can tank MP10, but no, I'm not so stupid or lazy as to sit in arcane beams, Frost bombs, desecrate, or molten trails. Smoke Screen is a great emergency savior, works perfectly.

tanks can sit in descerate /molten/plague and few hits of arcane beams =p

I'm sure you can't "tank" MP10 with the literal definition of tank.. survive? sure. thats whats DHs do =p, but don't say you tank MP10 with 266 AR... thats hard to believe.. you should only be able to take 2-3 hits from elites at that AR level
Reply Quote
I'm loving the setup I have... I'm actually farming MP8 very efficiently, minimal deaths (only to freakin
falling maniacs lol)

I can do MP10 very easily too, but it just takes alot longer to kill elites.

M4D-Mortal enemy is key as well as fast asp. I got about 2.90 asp with my calamity + enchantress.

Hatred regen is amazing. Elites are usually perma stunned with grenades

Cluster arrow does amazingly quick dps and very spammable once you get setup properly.
Still looking for cluster arrow reduction gear to get even better with this build i got goin
smokescreen's poison gas also does wonderful dps + procs LS from gloom and generates hatred on Mortal enemy marked mobs.
Night stalker with nearly 3asp and 52 CC keeps me fueled at all times for disc.
Chain of Torment also procs LS from gloom and generates hatred on marked target.

65k hp + 500AR gives me plenty of survivability.
200k dps is plenty for rolling through mobs.

I'm loving my tank build, don't plan to ever change this (might make a few modifcations, like passives or bringing back the shuriken cloud)

overall, my current build is a blast.
Stuns everything so even ranged elites aren't that big of an issue.

Looks like you have no LoH? You rely entirely on Shadow Power?

Also, what amount of AR is enough? Should I be happy at 500 - 600? It would make getting more DPS easier if I stopped at that point instead of getting it for every slot.
Edited by Jumpem#1868 on 2/3/2013 7:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 07:06 PMPosted by SkiTz
I'm sure you can't "tank" MP10 with the literal definition of tank.. survive? sure. thats whats DHs do =p, but don't say you tank MP10 with 266 AR... thats hard to believe.. you should only be able to take 2-3 hits from elites at that AR level

ohhh boy. Do i need to make you a believer too? Friend me in game, we'll do a few key runs.
Reply Quote
Lol hi oscar!!! This argument again?
He does very well with his 300ar, just need to be little more active then high ar dh.
Its calamity thats making up for low ar. Since ur hitting with low dps faster, rd is easier to deal with. I tried calamity and i can survive way better then using manticore.
Faster hatred regen, more chance of getting disc back from nightstalker.

Play with him, his setup is pretty good
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]