Diablo® III

Why D3 Players dont' have to fear PoE

01/30/2013 01:04 AMPosted by TheCursed
. So at best the data does suport OPs argument but not strong enough.

Exactly. Like I said, there is no way we'll ever get conclusive data without Developer intervention. You also mentioned lawyers and how they argue cases. Well, you should also know that that there is a different quantum of proof required depending on the case. We should not expect, nor require, conclusive proof in an argument such as this because we flat out will not get it.

All we can do is interpret what data we have at the time time. It's not conclusive nor does it need to be.

The problem is that the same source (xfire) also shows that despite being beta released a week ago PoE has overtaken D3.

This is the flaw in your argument. This point does not matter at all. You can't speculate that it will cause "uneasiness" in the D3 playerbase especially without a reason that D3 players would be uneasy by another game being more popular.

Also, you're taking what the OP said literally about D3 players "fearing" PoE. That would be incorrect. There is no fear nor is there any reason to think D3 players would "fear" PoE.

goes against the topic, reassuring D3 players

You're misunderstanding the topic then. It's actually a stab at D3 and who is still playing it. OP is NOT trying to reassure D3 players.

Valius's win is that he found a potentially dangerous flaw in OPs argument before the oposite side.

LOL. You sure are trying to make Valius' douche-y post sound much more intelligent than it was.

: I have to go. Please dont take it personally. I have nothing against OP or you. Its just a small critique for the future in choosing a solid polished argument in comparison to risky ones

Nothing is personal on an anonymous forum.

Having seen that you misunderstand the OP's post, I'd say you should heed your own critique.
Reply Quote
I love Diablo, (not 3) and want this game to eventually turn around. I have to laugh at statements like "not to shabby" when regarding Blizzard being shown up by an upstart, indie developed game that is still in BETA! ANd those guys are in NZ, probably wooly footed pipe smoking hobbits. But I digress.
This is Blizzard, the company who dominated the market for over a decade with superior offerings that were snatched up by its fans like a pack of ravenous dogs on release and crushing all competition in the process. Blizzard doesnt settle for 2nd. If you aint first you're last...Ricky Bobby and all that stuff. Yes, sales were great for D3 but we all know that isnt because of what shipped in the box/download.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I love Diablo, (not 3) and want this game to eventually turn around. I have to laugh at statements like "not to shabby" when regarding Blizzard being shown up by an upstart, indie developed game that is still in BETA! ANd those guys are in NZ, probably wooly footed pipe smoking hobbits. But I digress.
This is Blizzard, the company who dominated the market for over a decade with superior offerings that were snatched up by its fans like a pack of ravenous dogs on release and crushing all competition in the process. Blizzard doesnt settle for 2nd. If you aint first you're last...Ricky Bobby and all that stuff. Yes, sales were great for D3 but we all know that isnt because of what shipped in the box/download.

You do know that "not too shabby" is an idiom meaning that it's actually very good.

Now whether you agree with my statement is another matter altogether.
Reply Quote
84 Human Warrior
Why would D3 players "worry" about any other game? There's zero competitive aspect to D3 whatsoever. There's no reason to group up whatsoever. There's no social system in D3 whatsoever. It's already a bot ghosttown. Why would they even notice if virtually no-one else plays the game? It'd actually be a good thing - they wouldn't be quite so tempted to AH their way to victory instead of playing it, since there'd be a vastly inferior selection of gear available.
Reply Quote
Bots don't read xfire...

Irony is D2 has prob about as many if not more playing it then D3 does (dont bother with d2 xfire just log into d2 and cough read connected player / games for it.

Anyways Back to Poe.
Reply Quote
Yes Ryka, I was aware of the meaning of the term. Not too shabby indeed, by any other standards than Blizzards! That was my point.
Like I said, I want to see D3 improve and am still hopeful. They gambled on the fact that focusing on fast paced combat in lieu of various meta games which were cut would be sufficient to hold interest. For many it is, I am simply not one of them. Blizzard has the talent and resources to make incredible games that is obvious. I don't like the trend of simplification and hyper streamlining they have been pursuing of late.
Reply Quote
few thoughts about ARPG genre
1 - many ARPGS are being made right now, did we ever had so many?
2 - diablo 3 is far from being what ARPG players wants
3 - having gold as the only ingame currency is bad

now a few things about blizzard and diablo
1 - we all know that the game being around the ah is bad AND blizzard agrees
2 - jay wilson is not good for ARPGs and everyone will be cautious when his name appears in a project

my opinion on diablo future
1 - Probably diablo 3 was shown to stakeholders as a gold mine, because they profit for selling the game AND have a share in the AH
2 - 60 USD for a game that had 7 years of people working on it is very cheap which makes me believe they sold the game with a very small profit margin and plan to profit in expos and AH
3 - Blizzard is very afraid of being hurt because of Diablo flop. Yeah yeah it sold a lot and blablabla BUT it sold a lot as a pre-order hence sold as our dream to have a new Diablo game
3a - If you pay small attention to blizz posts in this forum u gonna see they are being sentimental, they are trying to minimize the damage that was done in the 2 first months
4 - why would anyone buy diablo expos knowing that the AH is never disappearing? Also, why buy such expo when there are FREE AND BETTER games?
5 - Mostly everything new thats gonna be release in diablo 3 and its expos would make players say "why this feature wasnt there in the release?"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]