Diablo® III

Please support posts in Ask The Devs

Your post, like 80% of the questions, have nothing to do with 1.07. It wasn't going to get selected anyhow.

I wonder if it will cause an "ah-ha!" moment for the CM team that 80% of the 26+ pages (so far) are not about patch 1.0.7 but instead are about fundamental gameplay issues that have been around for months.

Will the CM team bring these valid questions to the Devs as well, or will they keep them shielded by dismissing out-of-hand any question that is not about 1.0.7? My prediction is that any question (no matter how highly rated or obviously valid) that is not on the approved 1.0.7 topic list will be jettisoned.

The 1.0.7 caveat they placed from the beginning is quite a shield indeed.
Reply Quote
View profile
Dunno who failed harder.

We - the community? Or the mods? Or both?

I mean a measly 26 pages with repeated questions, spam and trolling... really... probably only 5 pages are relevant to good feedback.
Edited by Krystonosetz#2434 on 1/29/2013 2:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 02:10 PMPosted by TopStock
Can Blizz stream their play sessions to see if they are any good at this game? I wonder why there are so many nerfs since launch?

You must have missed the endless complaints about how stupid hard this game was for a lot of people. Sorry, man, you might be a pro gamer, but you're still in the minority here.
Reply Quote
Can Blizz stream their play sessions to see if they are any good at this game? I wonder why there are so many nerfs since launch?

You must have missed the endless complaints about how stupid hard this game was for a lot of people. Sorry, man, you might be a pro gamer, but you're still in the minority here.

The problem with the majority is that they were never going to stick around for a long time anyway.

They wanted an easier game to say they could beat and move on.. which is what happened, leaving a hollow shell of a game behind them.

Blizzards mistake was believing that making the game easier for casual players would keep them around for longer .. where usually that's what a challenging game does as apposed to one you can faceroll.
Edited by BOSS#1430 on 1/29/2013 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 11:54 AMPosted by JacerX
You know they are going to pick only the questions that no one really cares about but have been highly rated by kids and the ones only pertaining to 1.07, right?

somehow I got that feeling as well, they probably will not be so inclined to address or answer the HARD questions regarding D3 even if you care to ask.
Edited by nyker#1277 on 1/29/2013 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 02:58 PMPosted by BOSS

The problem with the majority is that they were never going to stick around for a long time anyway.

They wanted an easier game to say they could beat and move on.. which is what happened, leaving a hollow shell of a game behind them.

Blizzards mistake was believing that making the game easier for casual players would keep them around for longer .. where usually that's what a challenging game does as apposed to one you can faceroll.

^^^

You are right the game was challenging before inferno was nerfed, so it was made easier for the masses.

Thing is it needs to be challenging AND rewarding at the same time for players to stick around and play it long term.

They took away the challenge, but it still isn't rewarding, so now the game has just become boring.
Reply Quote
With 26 pages of questions already, I can understand that a many good questions may never get seen to be voted on. <sigh>

Yah it's a bad system. Note the bulk of the favored (liked) posts are in the very beginning or very last page. People are too lazy to look through all the middle ones. Bad system is bad.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 02:10 PMPosted by TopStock

Well the thing is, we can't even see who ranks the highest.. only that there are a plethora of highly rated posts.

For all we know, they may just pick the 3 they have easy answers for and call it a day, because we don't know what's rated the highest.

While I like this Q&A thing as a step in the right direction.. realistically it needs to be opened up to questions about the game in general and a voting system we can actually see what ranks the highest.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 03:25 PMPosted by yumyumyum
Vaeflare, will you answer why then are we not allowed to see the vote counts for each question?

^^ this 100x over.

Granted a lot of the questions are repeated on that thread, and we know most certainly 2 of the 3 that will be answered will be about the wizard and monk. Seriously though, we don't know if they are just going to take the easy road and answer questions they have easy answer for.
Reply Quote
seems to me that your nerfing my class i primarily play monk,and now with NO flash,i cant obtain my max dps boost and the sw boost doesnt come close to maxing the out put i had. i mean i have played this game alot and spent the time and effort to gear my player and you have NERFED my toon to the point ,your essentially asking me to quit the damn game.
Reply Quote
Furthermore, why is it that barbs are the only class with a potential for 9.0 lifesteal belts,we ALL should be able to obtain 9.0 lifesteal u have made it to where barb and cm wiz have even more of an advantage over the monk class when u have essentially nerfed my monk. HONESTLy cm wiz / and barbs can do mp10 with little to no effort,i was able to do mp10 in 1.06 and it was HARD which is fine ,but with what your doing to the monk i wont be able to do mp10 at all.
Reply Quote
so u have taken away 2 of my abilitys and claimed to boost one,im sorry i see little to no difference to what you have done to sw to see anything other than u have nerfed my class.i mean geez you dont nerf barbs or wiz at all infact they even get a lil better when u consider wat you have done to the monk RAPING us essentially of much needed dps
Reply Quote
ive ssat here HOURS and played and geared my toon accordingly and you are going to ruin all the work i put into my toon by nerfing him. its just not right its not liei dont have the gear to support what im saying and I have played the PTR i know the difference in the way my monk HITS and you have weakened him considerably by what you are doing
Reply Quote
yes i understand i dunno how to even use snapshot you speak of,all im saying is why take the flash too that was our dps boost to sweeping wing plus a temp stun to enemies so now we dont even have the stun or the boost THATS JUST WRONG
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]