Diablo® III

Please support posts in Ask The Devs

01/29/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Zuzax

None of the questions have been predetermined already, so if there are particular questions you'd like to be answered, it would be advisable for you to go and "Like" [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7710222398"]those posts[/url]. :)

Certainly the CM team already have their marketing-approved outline of the question types and topics they are looking for, so now its just a matter of finding such matching questions buried in the mix. Such an approach gives the illusion that the questioning is wide-open while still internally maintaining complete message control.

Anyone expecting the Devs to fall on their swords and say "you're right, XYZ feature (itemization, for example) was rushed and poorly implemented from the beginning and here's how we're going to fix it" will come away disappointed. Instead you'll see a sanitized on-message answer glossing over how everything in 1.0.7 is super-great, with a big dollop of CM positive-spin frosting on it for good measure.

Edit - grammar fix.

I came here to post exactly this. Until there's a frank conversation about the state of itemization and how it will be addressed, I'm not interested in anything they have to say.

Nor am I interested in buying their expansion. Or recommending it to my friends. Or spending anything on the RMAH. etc. etc. etc.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Buck
Until there's a frank conversation about the state of itemization and how it will be addressed, I'm not interested in anything they have to say.

Correct! Instead of having bad choices of the past explained to me, I'd rather hear something very credible about good choices in the (very near) future. And these better be about features that allow players to assemble the gear that they need, for the build that they choose, with the affixes that they want, for a price in gold that they can afford - without having to go to an Auction House. You know, that sort of old-fashioned game design where a player actually is given all the tools to complete it on his own...
Edited by Presence#2778 on 1/30/2013 10:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just want more content. The game is way to short for an ARPG with an ah/rmah...they built it for longevity so keep feeding the need.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Why? They have their pre-built list of questions they will be answering already.

None of the questions have been predetermined already, so if there are particular questions you'd like to be answered, it would be advisable for you to go and "Like" [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7710222398"]those posts[/url]. :)

is there a "view votes" function that i'm not aware of? according to the guidelines, u're just going by the amount of votes a question has when it comes to picking questions, but those number of votes can't be seen by the community and the only thing that does show up is the "highly rated" tag (which will undoubtedly be applied to most posts as more and more time passes by). wont this undermine your claim that this Q&A event is striving to present the developers with questions that the community is MOST concerned about? the lack of a "view votes" function in the posts makes this whole thing not as transparent and, as the op suggested, gives u the opportunity to handpick questions from the ever-growing pool of "highly rated" questions that fits in with whatever questions u may have already predetermined
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Why? They have their pre-built list of questions they will be answering already.

This does not confirm my initial suspicion , so I will ignore it!
Reply Quote

-
Asking questions about the 1.0.7 decisions that the devs have already made, accomplishes what?

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but responses like this just shows how close minded you are. Do you really need someone to explain it to you why they are doing this? Do you really think the're doing this for no reason? What would that accomplish?

I'll answer some for you, because you probably honestly really don't know.

Nothing in the PTR Server is confirmed. Just because stuff is on the PTR doesn't mean it will come to the LIVE Servers. The Devs want the players feed back on everything, they try there best to make everyone happy. They work for this, they want there game to please us and be enjoyable for a wide variety of audiences.

There trying there best, so give them a break.

For the sake of anything.. Think before you post. Or you will get responses like this. Again sorry for being a Dick.

Bull!@#$. I call bull%^-*.

I'd bet there's PLENTY on the PTR that's set in stone already. Why would D3's dev team function any differently from WoW's? The PTR isn't a beta test, it's first and foremost a stress test. Second, it's a free preview of what's coming. Third, what they're really looking for are the game-breaking bugs that come from thousands of people running around doing things Blizzard devs didn't think of/wouldn't expect.

Go take a screenshot of the 1.0.7 release notes as they are now, because I'd be utterly surprised if they were significantly changed, other than more things being added, before live release.
Reply Quote
I have a question. Why with over 1100 hours of playing this game and maxed out magic find do I have so much trouble getting quality drops? I have never had any drop that is worth much over 5 mil and those are extremely rare and have never had a drop I could use on any of my characters. All my stuff is purchased at the AH and is that the way Blizzard wants it?
Edited by charliedog#1702 on 1/31/2013 10:07 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]