Diablo® III

PVP Barb i came up against

Just got absolutely SMOKED by this Taiwanese Witch Doctor. I can't find him on DProg -- he said that he changed his name recently. His English isn't perfect either. I got a screenshot of his name, but no idea if someone can find his page on my behalf. His gear was absolutely insane too. 230,000 damage with 125,000 health points. Roughly 600 resistances.

Here's a screenshot to his name: http://i.imgur.com/zFR2ZI7.jpg

His #-tag is: 3427. Taiwanese Server.

Final score was 8 to 3. He kept killing me with haunt crits. It was nuts.
Reply Quote
That's some nice vit on an offensive WD. I've almost died to some insane ones with SoJ's that have +12% haunt and carrying skorns with 95% chance to bleed. Relentless + 4.7k regen for the save.

Just got absolutely SMOKED by this Taiwanese Witch Doctor. I can't find him on DProg -- he said that he changed his name recently. His English isn't perfect either. I got a screenshot of his name, but no idea if someone can find his page on my behalf. His gear was absolutely insane too. 230,000 damage with 125,000 health points. Roughly 600 resistances.

Reply Quote
I've met FriendlyFade online and his dmg is sick and he can tank pretty well, his dps is almost enough to kill me but my 42k sure isn't enough to dent the hp pool of another tank. Going against most glass cannons 42k dps seems to be enough.

i know this guy is unkillable. saw him yesterday. got ownt by some skorn monk dude with seven sided strike who claims all barbs are trash, then I saw this guy on the chat list so I summoned him to the battle and he just ownt the monk over and over then the monk rage quit cause the monk did no damage to him.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FriendlyFade-1865/hero/662549

he has a different set of gear on PTR

hahaa he has my gear i gave him on ptr. Glad to hear he's smashing face and taking names

edit: oops i guess nike alrdy pointed that out lol
Reply Quote
How the heck did you guys get all that godly gear you equip? Every piece costs 2B. No farming can bring so much wealth.
Edited by Simurg#1439 on 1/29/2013 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
From my experience, defensive gear for a barb was never expensive. I know that my set costs less than 500 mil (I never bought LoH or crit gear since it was too expensive for me). The end result is only 42k dps though, stacked IAS, 4.7k regen (sucky 5% standard crit) but with a sky splitter and frenzy smite, the 40% stun makes the 42k dps hit glass cannons hard.

I expect barb gear with dex and regen to go up in price. That's based on the demand I'm getting from selling stuff on ptr, when the ptr ah was working.

01/29/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Simurg
How the heck did you guys get all that godly gear you equip? Every piece costs 2B. No farming can bring so much wealth.
Reply Quote
I think the set I have at the moment is worth around the 7.5B to 12B range. So it's a pretty great set. It allows me to go full blast on the best Diablo 3 has to offer in PVP.
Reply Quote
Very nice. With your gear I bet you are even able to play around with your passives. My build requires me to have Inspiring Presence and Superstition, the third changes depending on who I'm playing against. I admire the barbs that man up instead of qq'ing. gl hf.

01/29/2013 02:33 PMPosted by acrimonious
I think the set I have at the moment is worth around the 7.5B to 12B range. So it's a pretty great set. It allows me to go full blast on the best Diablo 3 has to offer in PVP.
Reply Quote
It seems like the only thing to this whole "pvp" thing is having a high EHP along with a high DPS.. which means just spending a lot more on your gear. Other than that, I think it's mostly in favor of high EHP builds right now. Like even a PVE farm build can slap on a bunch of EHP and cut their DPS in half and probably do 5x better in duels.
Reply Quote
Since most people don't want to die in PvP going high EHP is getting popular, i've been seeing more barb tanks but obviously the people still on PTR are dedicated. You'll need high EHP/sec against top dps WDs and DHs. Stat wise a haunt/spirit barrage from a 300k+ dps wd almost chews through my 12k armor, 800AR, 4.7k regen, threatening shout and relentless rune.
Reply Quote
he was running 2.7k strength
1.9k vit

250kdps with sword and board and was running both armour passives for a total of 14k defence and inspiring presense. I think he has around 800 ar it was just crazy.

I did a 400k crit rend on him it only scratched him for like 5-10% max.

fffff there are some crazy chars around. He had chinese runes from his name so just a crazy 10 year old farmer. Never seen such a crazy char though.

I think his main hand was a 1400 ias 11% socket sword with 100% crit gem in it.

all gear no skills, guy couldnt even get close enough to me to land a hit

http://oi49.tinypic.com/23sd4kp.jpg
Reply Quote
I totally agree that dprogress PVP dummy scores are way off the mark and so are their ehp numbers. Someone needs to put up an ehp/sec calculator that calculates against a simulated constant DPS attack. as an example a 370K wiz's archon cannot pierce through ignore pain and the relentless rune with my current stats. @MannerCookie I heard from my wiz friend gum that you've been chewing on him. I feel bad for all wiz's that his storm armor got nerfed and is now dodgable. Have fun fellas.

Nice. I've been watching the PVP rankings pretty closely. I know the top Barbs pretty well, so I have a good idea of what the trends are and how people are going to gear for PVP. That sword is a weapon that may play a role in melee vs. melee PVP; Mannercookie has been using a really nice sword in the arena.

Yea, I'm using that sword until my live weps copy onto PTR.

I wouldn't use that sword that I'm using on PTR on live.

edit: also fwiw, I think dprogress's pvp dummy rankings are really inaccurate just like their dps rankings was :D
Reply Quote
I find Wizards to be easy, but it could be the fact that I have had enough time and practice to take advantage of unprepared players. I do like to believe that I possess a high amount of skill and hand-eye coordination to handle the toughest Diablo has to throw at me though.
Reply Quote
I truly wish their storm armor was undodgable though, it was a better fight against my 280k+ wiz friend. Now that his storm armor is dodgable, i walk straight to him. :-(
Reply Quote
PvP: Big shout out to the barb community

Day one of PTR: other classes' silly kiting and hexing is somewhat effective against barb. they trash talk and call us the weakest class by far

Day two: barb community doesn't whine, instead gets together and figures out how to counter other classes

Day three: other classes get crushed

Day four: other classes whine in the forums and scream "nerf rend, nerf wotb, nerf barb whaaaa"
Reply Quote
PvP: Big shout out to the barb community

Day one of PTR: other classes' silly kiting and hexing is somewhat effective against barb. they trash talk and call us the weakest class by far

Day two: barb community doesn't whine, instead gets together and figures out how to counter other classes

Day three: other classes get crushed

Day four: other classes whine in the forums and scream "nerf rend, nerf wotb, nerf barb whaaaa"

I love it. It's why I can't leave the Barbarian community. We're focused on one thing and one thing only: Domination.
Reply Quote
^^ :)
Reply Quote
I love it too, I was trolling with my unkillable tank Barb to the noobs from day 1 (I define noobs by <100k dps players who simply cannot kill my Barb).
Reply Quote
^^ nice definition.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
He is actually using a credit card as a shield, and wrapped up bank cheque as a sword. That is why he owns in pvp.
Reply Quote

Hey acrimonious, found the WD for you. http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/profile/%E7%BA%A2%E4%BA%BA%E9%A6%86%E5%B0%8F%E6%AF%85-3427/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]