Diablo® III

100m Upgrade, 2h, 184k DPS, inna/lac or rare?

Hi all,

Thanks for checking out my thread.

My barb currently has 184k DPS when I use my Innas / Lacuni.
I use that when I am farming MP7, MP8 just take a little bit too long.
I use the WW spec w/ impunity.

When I uber, i use the hota/rend spec and use the rare pants / bracers on my wiz (CyCoSiS). I lose 10-15k DPS but gain lots of EHP.

My problem is:

1. Any upgrade that i see now is a few hundred mill. Anything upto a 100m (New Witching Hour, shoulders, ring, innas w/vit) gives me max 5k increase in DPS. Im am trying to figure out how do I get to 200 or 250k DPS eventually.

2. How much would a EF + Rare combo cost me if I want to run WW easily on MP7-8? The reason I switched to Skorn in the first place is coz 1h prices were insane.

3. I noticed that Joch runs a non LS skorn w/ IK Belt and Bloodthirst. I can get a good IK belt (-16k DPS from as compared to witching hour) and a 1450 DPS non LS Skorn (+35k DPS). However, that means I have to stop using my armor passive which means I go down to 5.4k armor. Plus I feel that this may tie me into using that passive forever as my gear doesnt support more LS ?

4. Anything else you think I should upgrade ? I use HG a lot for healing, hence the helm helps me there. Maybe i could get a bit more str on boots, but I did want pickup radius. Without that, farming becomes a super pain.

I would appreciate any other advice you guys have.

CyCo
Edited by CyCo#1801 on 1/29/2013 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
1. Most of your upgrades are going to be fairly pricey, yes. However, I see two things right off the bat: Your ice climbers and your helm. First, your ICs are frankly pretty bad. The reason you run Innas/IC combo with a 2h is to get more IAS (obviously) and to wear boots that are better than IK strides... your ICs just don't have much in the way of stats. The STR isn't bad but the VIT is very poor, and you could really use more HP. The first thing I'd do is save up some cash and buy some big stat ICs, aim for more than 300 stats not counting the socket. If you have to give up a bit of str that's fine, but you can get 140 vit on ICs for definitely less than 100m, and for you it would be totally worth it. As for your helm, I'm not such a fan of the IK helm. Switching to a mempo would net you another 8-9 IAS and 70+ AR. You would lose some crit but you can make some of that up by switching one of your rings to CC/CD/avg damage. Really one of your biggest problems is that you went for trifectas too early and ended up having to settle for low crit trifecta rings. You also went for Innas and that hurt your AR quite a bit, which has forced you to lose some crit on your gloves and amulet as well. If you do go for a mempo, I'd say spend probably 40m and get a 180 str/70-90 VIT one. It is more expensive than just going for 180 str/9IAS but in terms of cost it's probably the cheapest 3-4k HP bump you're going to get. If you replace the helm you will want to get another piece of IK, belt would be the best. As for the pickup radius, just buy you some cheapo PUR lacunis to use for farming.

2. Depends on what you want to get. If you want to be economical you can get something similar to my setup: High damage range rare mace/axe MH (skip native CD/LS and you can get one for pretty cheap) and a stat stick offhand EF. My MH was 7m and my offhand EF was 24m. You will probably end up getting a little less dps than my MH but I was helping a guy buy a WW set last night and was able to get an 1100 dps axe for only 4m. For the EF, prices vary widely. Going for a str/LS/socket EF can actually be fairly cheap if you don't need .24 APS (which you don't, you have waaaaay more IAS than you need to hit 2.5/2.5 with WOTB up if you were to go DW WW). Altogether, I'd say you can probably get something fairly similar to my setup for 30-50m. If you did, you'd probably want to drop a slot of IAS (maybe just get some nice bifecta CC/CD/str/vit gloves, they're fairly inexpensive as well).

3. I actually run an IAS Skorn/IK belt + passive setup for ubers, and I can tell you that it works just fine. I do MP8 ubers in a group currently. I run about 5200 armor unbuffed (no armor passive) and use war cry impunity. Ubers are easily survivable with this setup, and the Skorn is MUCH cheaper (I use a 1360 dps 11% IAS 180 CD Skorn, paid 19m for it) and you get the added bonus of not having to shell out for a WH (plus easier IK set bonuses and more AR). As for locking yourself into bloodthirst, it's really not as bad as you think. Yeah, armor passives and stuff but you really don't need an armor passive with decent gear + war cry. I run about 100 AR more than you (500 unbuffed) mostly because I use IK belt and rare pants instead of Innas. Depth Diggers are also a solid option.

4. Really I think most of your issues are just from painting yourself into a corner with the gear you have. I don't think you had the gear to make non VIT/AR Innas work and it shows: you have AR on your gloves and amulet and the stats on both have suffered because of it. You might consider just going back to rare pants or depth diggers, because if you're going to go DW WW for farming you definitely don't need the extra IAS from those pants. If you do then you will be missing out on movement speed though. I just really don't think you can afford to run no AR on pants, helm, AND belt like you currently are. Getting a mempo and an IK belt would boost your AR a TON and allow you to get better gloves at the very least.
Reply Quote
I dont think new weapons will make MP7-8 easier with your EHP, anyways weapons price depends on if you want a EF on your MH or OH.

Any (i.e. dodgy) dps 0.25 APS LS EF on your OH, spend big for a killer MH then possibly switch to a Mempo & LS IK belt or use LS passive. This will give you the ~6% LS.

From there you can probably switch your IAS% slots to keep the 2.5 BP and pay for CC & CD.
Your defensive stats could be on other slots.
Chest/Shoulders/Gloves look good, I'd hang onto those, boots/bracers are alright also.

The rest is contributing to the low EHP hence the impunity+tough as nails. I'd probably replace rings with min 4.5CC 9 IAS ring+30% SoJ, pants switch to vit ones (or switch the gems to vit).

Pickup radius is getting buffed next patch so don't upgrade ya boots with that stat until you test it out.
Reply Quote
@Bigtexasdan

Thanks for your detailed comments.
1. If I do all this regear, the problem is that I dont gain any net DPS or EHP.
New IC - +35vit. Cost: 80m
Mempo: +75vit. Cost 35m (195str, 75vit). +15 AR gain (I lose the IK set bonus). Lose CC, gain IAS (-2k DPS).
Lacunis: No lacunis with str, vit, cc on AH other than one for 320m

2. According to what you mention here for DW, again, I will take a huge hit in DPS.

3. I can do MP10 ubers in a group right now. But my DPS is kinda bare minimum for that. A non LS skorn Does give me lots of DPS increase, but without WH, its going to be a 15k DPS increase.

4. I get your point, I was never planning to run WW anyways, which is why with my rare gear i was good to go for a HoTa build. I bought innas and lacunis later for WW farming since its faster.

@Kambo

The issue is that im not sure I can get a good OH and MH for 100m and keep up the current DPS.

I was running the Innas with vit gems. I was currently looking for 60 str 60 vit innas, but decided to wait before spending on that since im not sure I want to commit to that not have the 100m to upgrade one great item.
Reply Quote
I think your real issue is that you're focusing on MP7/8. No matter your damage, it's not going to be efficient for you -- unless you had billions upon billions of gold to spend and you could work your way up to 300,000 damage per second without passive or active buffs.

Another issue is that your EHP is really low. If you do an inordinate amount of damage, you're going to die more often than not against packs with reflect damage, health links, or both. If you had 50,000 health points with some adequate armour and resistances, you would probably be fine. Even with my stance on EHP, I have died once in awhile to those packs.

If you want to get 200,000 damage, you will probably need to work your way up slowly. Buying items for the sole purpose of reaching a damage level will cripple your gearing strategy more often than not. What you should be focusing on is getting yourself a sturdy base of EHP first and then work your way up. Your 'biggest' EHP gain would come from your pants, chest, and jewelry at this point. There are a lot of Inna's with double strength and vitality rolls you can get fairly cheaply IIRC -- I used to monopolise that market by buying everything with double 80s and then flipping them for 200-400m. I'm fairly certain no one has a hand in that market any more.

Blackthorne's Jousting Mail are awesome. Great for versatility. IK chests with 400 core stats (225+ vitality) would be a good replacement as well.

My opinion. You don't have to take it :)
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 12:15 PMPosted by CyCo
I was running the Innas with vit gems. I was currently looking for 60 str 60 vit innas, but decided to wait before spending on that since im not sure I want to commit to that not have the 100m to upgrade one great item.

Personally I think if you are going with a scorn build you are better off looking for high vit/dex inna's with 9% IAS over str/vit. Only reason I say that is Skorn's usually run with High str anyway so overall you should get more use of the %life attributes on your helm and boots with switching to vit innas. Sure you might not get that much of a dps gain, but you should get a decent EHP considering that you have 0 vit on pants currently. Personally I think that the vit/str build pants are better for DW barbs in general (but that's just me)

Something to consider...
Reply Quote
@Acrimonious and Prius

Its interesting that everyone does think I need more EHP. Yes, it would be much easier if I got more vit. This was the primary reason I got those vit lacunis (was at 35k HP earlier). I can easily spend on getting innas, most running to about 80m, I was getting a good bid at 40m today, didnt take it coz I wasnt sure yet. Maybe i should have to have flipped it.

So I can spend half my gold on getting vit innas, Possibly sell my chest and sink some more gold into it for more vit. Or even a new WH.

The point is that I can definitely get more EHP at this point, what im wondering is that have I hit the glass ceiling for DPS? Anymore will now cost me 300-400m an item? Coz I dont see any slot that can give me more than 1-3k DPS without spending tons of gold?
Reply Quote
anyone else ?
Reply Quote
If you are thinking of dropping to 3% lifesteal (belt only), you will need to stack more EHP and mitigation. Your total EHP buffer is important, but more important is the EHP per second you can generate.

EHP per second generated is roughly DPS x lifesteal x mitigation

Mitigation is composed of your dodge, armor, resistances, block, and other skills (crushing advance for example).

The fact you are forced to use warcry now and an armor passive to farm is a big red flag. With a life steal Skorn, you should have no issues running a fully offensive build. You should be able to use 3 offensive passives (i.e. boon of bul kathos, brawler, animosity, etc as third). The lifesteal on your skorn is obscuring your mitigation and EHP issues.

Once you get to the point where you drop warcry and defensive passives in your farm build, then you are at peak efficiency and can consider moving to a non-lifesteal Skorn or adding more damage. Consider that warcry is only +20% resists and armor: only adds about 90 resist all and 1k armor for you. If you had mempo and IK belt, you could trade IK helm cc and 38% chd for more vitality, 130 resists, 3% lifesteal, possibly more strength. Your damage may drop some, but you can drop warcry and your defensive passive.

Do not look at paper dps only when you make upgrades. If an upgrade lets you drop a defensive ability like warcry, then your paper dps may not go up, but your combat effectiveness does increase. You can add rend and brawler passive which will be way more dps than you are losing on paper.

I really don't like WH belts, especially ones like you have. You are giving up a huge amount of mitigation and lifesteal for some ias and CHD. With a WH, you are forced to upgrade to a better lifesteal Skorn, but as you are seeing, that can become impossibly expensive. If you have best in slot everything, then yes, WH looks good again.

I also question your farming of MP7/8. I have more dps and farm at MP5/6 with WW. 7 & 8 are too slow and I swap to HotA if I feel like something different. I have some inna's I use for WW build that are pretty terrible, but the move speed helps. MP6 is about as low as I can go while keeping WotB up most of the time.
Reply Quote
The reason I can maintain EHP while farming in innas and lacuni, is because of the basic torando LS and also Health Globes, as I have a 12-13k bonus.

Warcry is not mandatory, though i notice it helps a bit. The armor passive helps a lot, without that It makes a noticable difference.

My damage doesnt drop a little bit without WH, it drops a lot (using paper DPS). Its about 20k, coz I basically lose the IAS and CHD. And that helps me quite a bit too coz of tornado brkpoints and extra crit dam. I have been looking at better belts, one with vit instead of life% and much more CHD. But a great one would again cost me 100m or so. Decent ones are around 50-60m.

I agree that paper DPS is not the only thing, and being able to drop a passive / skill is much better. This is the main reason I dont want to use a IK Belt. You need 6% LS at higher levels, esp for RD and ubers. And instead of armor, i'll be stuck with bloodthirst.

I mostly farm MP7, rarely 8. If I want to blow through everything, then I do 6. And I farm with a monk friend, so I cant perma WOTB anyways, esp. with my skorn. I dont do runs for XP, I do runs for items, so the stop start anyways takes away my WOTB.

Hence, my focus on DPS vs HP. From what I hear, 185k paper DPS is enough, but EHP is what I need to focus on.

--------------------------------------------

Im still not sold on the Mempo. Its good to have IAS over CC. But buying a mempo, then buying a IK Belt, and then using Bloodthirst passive will essentially drop my DPS by 20k. The onyl way I can then get that back is using a Non LS Skorn +30-35k DPS, which will again cost me the 100m. The only thing i possible gain here is vit on the helm coz im not getting CC.
Reply Quote
@Bigtexasdan

Thanks for your detailed comments.
1. If I do all this regear, the problem is that I dont gain any net DPS or EHP.
New IC - +35vit. Cost: 80m
Mempo: +75vit. Cost 35m (195str, 75vit). +15 AR gain (I lose the IK set bonus). Lose CC, gain IAS (-2k DPS).
Lacunis: No lacunis with str, vit, cc on AH other than one for 320m

Yeah, was assuming you'd switch your belt to IK for the 2set, since that's the 2 set everyone runs with. That would net you a LOT of EHP. Also when I mentioned PUR lacunis, I wasn't talking about str/vit/cc. Just whatever stats + PUR. You don't need perfect PUR lacunis for farming. It's nice to just have a cheap PUR piece you can sub out for farming, that way you don't have to gimp your full uber/high MP set with a piece that's missing stats for PUR.

2. According to what you mention here for DW, again, I will take a huge hit in DPS.

You said easily farm MP7-8. I easily farm MP7-8 in my gear now (I do MP8 key runs and ubers). If you're wanting to SPEED farm MP7 or 8, then good luck, it will cost you billions. Even then, it won't be the most efficient MP.

The issue is that im not sure I can get a good OH and MH for 100m and keep up the current DPS.

The real issue I see is that you're wanting to improve your gear and switch specs without spending a lot, but your current gear setup is pretty bootleg in terms of EHP. You've sacrificed a lot of EHP to get to where you are now DPS wise, and then you're asking us for advice on how to do higher MPs... of course we're going to tell you that you need more EHP. The truth of the matter is there's no easy, inexpensive way for you to gain EHP AND DPS at the same time. You can either spend a LOT on every single upgrade and keep the setup you have (it will be more effective with more expensive pieces) or you can spend some money, lose some DPS, gain EHP and have a setup that's going to be more flexible and easier to upgrade later.

You just went for Inna's/WH before you really had the EHP on other slots to make it work, and now WH is the cornerstone of your dps, but it's also the slot that is preventing you from regearing for the long run. Most barbs doing a setup like yours are running crit mempos, 300+ stat ICs, better trifectas (both more dps stats and more VIT) and that stuff is all REALLY expensive. You're just skipping out on too many slots of VIT and AR to make it work at your gear level (missing VIT on pants and belt, missing AR on helm, legs, and belt). If you think I'm wrong, that's fine, just save up a ton and buy some top of the line pieces.

If I were you, I'd consider regearing towards more EHP and towards DW. Farm some paragon levels, you'd be surprised how much they affect your ability to gear for more dps when you have an extra 60/100 vitality just from paragon.
Reply Quote

Yeah, was assuming you'd switch your belt to IK for the 2set, since that's the 2 set everyone runs with. That would net you a LOT of EHP. Also when I mentioned PUR lacunis, I wasn't talking about str/vit/cc. Just whatever stats + PUR. You don't need perfect PUR lacunis for farming. It's nice to just have a cheap PUR piece you can sub out for farming, that way you don't have to gimp your full uber/high MP set with a piece that's missing stats for PUR.

Actually, I would say no one runs with that set unless you are at 100-120k DPS. After that, one has to get LS on 1 wep + Passive or a 2h with 6% LS.
And for PUR, I agree that you can sub your bracers out at that time. But if ur not running with your full gear set for farming, that I dont see the point in having that gear piece in the first place?? When would you actually use that other bracer? Rarely whie ubering?

You said easily farm MP7-8. I easily farm MP7-8 in my gear now (I do MP8 key runs and ubers). If you're wanting to SPEED farm MP7 or 8, then good luck, it will cost you billions. Even then, it won't be the most efficient MP.

I agree speed farm will never happen with 2h w/o billions or even wit DW as well.
I can farm MP7 easily, MP8 is possible, just takes too long. Which is why I assume DPS is the problem, not EHP. With better EHP i may be able to farm higher MP lvls, but at what cost? It just takes super long.

The real issue I see is that you're wanting to improve your gear and switch specs without spending a lot, but your current gear setup is pretty bootleg in terms of EHP. You've sacrificed a lot of EHP to get to where you are now DPS wise, and then you're asking us for advice on how to do higher MPs... of course we're going to tell you that you need more EHP. The truth of the matter is there's no easy, inexpensive way for you to gain EHP AND DPS at the same time. You can either spend a LOT on every single upgrade and keep the setup you have (it will be more effective with more expensive pieces) or you can spend some money, lose some DPS, gain EHP and have a setup that's going to be more flexible and easier to upgrade later.

You just went for Inna's/WH before you really had the EHP on other slots to make it work, and now WH is the cornerstone of your dps, but it's also the slot that is preventing you from regearing for the long run. Most barbs doing a setup like yours are running crit mempos, 300+ stat ICs, better trifectas (both more dps stats and more VIT) and that stuff is all REALLY expensive. You're just skipping out on too many slots of VIT and AR to make it work at your gear level (missing VIT on pants and belt, missing AR on helm, legs, and belt). If you think I'm wrong, that's fine, just save up a ton and buy some top of the line pieces.

If I were you, I'd consider regearing towards more EHP and towards DW. Farm some paragon levels, you'd be surprised how much they affect your ability to gear for more dps when you have an extra 60/100 vitality just from paragon.

You're 100% right here. I did go for a innas / WH before I could really use it. I was using the rares as you see on my wiz. I got new innas today with vit, im gonna get more vit on my shoulder or rings or lacunis or possibly even chest. That should get me more like upto 45k-50k HP. I'll try out with that gear and see if I can do higher MPs.

My EHP is @ 451449 without dodge.
My DPS is @ 682631.

And I still have my old IK Belt. 200 Str, 8% Life. If I slip that on, with 9% LS, 15k HG Bonus and 45k vit, i can super easily do MP9.

With my current gearset anyways I can do MP10 in a group, just have to be careful and I do die, so yes EHP Helps a bit.

----------------------------------------------------------

But my main question still remains, I can get EHP by getting vit here and there, maybe get my HP 45k or so (41.5k right now). But how else do I get DPS, coz I dont know at all where I can get that ?
Edited by CyCo#1801 on 1/30/2013 10:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
anyone else?
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 12:28 AMPosted by CyCo
3. I noticed that Joch runs a non LS skorn w/ IK Belt and Bloodthirst. I can get a good IK belt (-16k DPS from as compared to witching hour) and a 1450 DPS non LS Skorn (+35k DPS). However, that means I have to stop using my armor passive which means I go down to 5.4k armor. Plus I feel that this may tie me into using that passive forever as my gear doesnt support more LS ?

Does that factor in high cd? I notice yours is pretty low atm. For paper sheet dps easiest is switching to a high dps/cd skorn (preferably with ias, as joch says), and an ik belt. This also frees up your head or armor slot if you find a non-ik upgrade.

Other than that switching to a good dual-wield setup will probably make you a more solid ww barb, but it will be expensive. (you'll be looking for 300-400 cd, ls, stats and ideally an ef oh). Oh, and your paper dps will most likely go down. ;)

edit: also my sense is 3% ls is sufficient for pvm if you have solid ehp and dps (don't quote me though as I haven't played with skorn much).
Edited by donk#1506 on 1/31/2013 10:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have trouble believing you can hold your own in anything in MP10, let alone ubers, with under 500k EHP. Depending on war cry and tough as nails is bad, relying on health globe bonuses is even worse. You should virtually never have to use health potions or run over health globes. That reflects a flaky playstyle in which your actual DPS is probably much lower than what your sheet DPS reflects because you likely spend too much time retreating (and repositioning yourself to pick up health globes), in addition to the passive slots being taken up.

As everyone else said, your gearing style has put you into a corner. IAS skorn + IK + bloodthirst and LS skorn + WH are both perfectly viable, but both need a solid base of EHP to work well with harder content. I'd also say you should regear and not even think about paper DPS. I think you'd be surprised at just how pleasant the game can feel when you have high defenses. Dual-wield is probably also better for you. Making ww work with Skorn is either very pricey or forces you to give up tons of EHP as you have.

If all you want is more DPS though, really the only things in your way are weapon DPS and strength, in that order. Here are a couple of GG Skorn barbs in addition to Joch: (do note that they all have high EHP in addition to DPS)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BangkokCanuk-1460/hero/12857275
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Death-1408/hero/3692684
Reply Quote

Does that factor in high cd? I notice yours is pretty low atm. For paper sheet dps easiest is switching to a high dps/cd skorn (preferably with ias, as joch says), and an ik belt. This also frees up your head or armor slot if you find a non-ik upgrade.

Other than that switching to a good dual-wield setup will probably make you a more solid ww barb, but it will be expensive. (you'll be looking for 300-400 cd, ls, stats and ideally an ef oh). Oh, and your paper dps will most likely go down. ;)

edit: also my sense is 3% ls is sufficient for pvm if you have solid ehp and dps (don't quote me though as I haven't played with skorn much).

My CD is 530, i assume thats decent? I can possibly get another 50-60 more on my skorn. From what ive heard 5-6% LS is a must, esp coz of RD, I dont know any barb who runs less than 6 at higher MPS (unless u have some insane Regen or LoH).

I think ive decided against DW, coz thats too much investment right now.

Thats the thing, do I get a Non LS Skorn, get IK Belt, get mempo and use bloodthirst; or should I continue the way I am, just get more EHP and slowly build dps.

I have trouble believing you can hold your own in anything in MP10, let alone ubers, with under 500k EHP. Depending on war cry and tough as nails is bad, relying on health globe bonuses is even worse. You should virtually never have to use health potions or run over health globes. That reflects a flaky playstyle in which your actual DPS is probably much lower than what your sheet DPS reflects because you likely spend too much time retreating (and repositioning yourself to pick up health globes), in addition to the passive slots being taken up.

As everyone else said, your gearing style has put you into a corner. IAS skorn + IK + bloodthirst and LS skorn + WH are both perfectly viable, but both need a solid base of EHP to work well with harder content. I'd also say you should regear and not even think about paper DPS. I think you'd be surprised at just how pleasant the game can feel when you have high defenses. Dual-wield is probably also better for you. Making ww work with Skorn is either very pricey or forces you to give up tons of EHP as you have.

If all you want is more DPS though, really the only things in your way are weapon DPS and strength, in that order. Here are a couple of GG Skorn barbs in addition to Joch: (do note that they all have high EHP in addition to DPS)

I dont do MP10 runs, id probably die a lot if I do. But when we uber, we get a 5s and 3 ubers, I maaaybe die once or twice. The reason is simple. See the RARE gear on my wiz. Thats what I use, that boosts my EHP by a lot. And I use Hota and rend, so it works pretty well.

I guess maybe one diff is that i never run alone, always with another 190k DPS monk friend, so we can tank and spank easily. in a MP7 WW run, I may have to run like once the entire run, else its continuous elites. The only time i die anyways is to RD right now esp when I dont have WOTB up.

Ur absolutely right, Weapon DPS is where I am lacking right now, those guys have >200 Weapon DPS on me, maybe I should simply save and buy a really good skorn, that should help a lot :)
Reply Quote
ANYONE ELSE ?
Reply Quote
as stated above, pump up your ehp to 7-800k and use hota smash and rend bloodlust build and you will be doing solo mp10 keys and ubers without too much trouble. for xp farming, mp 2-4 is still going to be better at least for efficiency.
Reply Quote
Hey CyCo -- here's another detailed response you won't like :-(

...there is no easy fix because:
- your legendaries all have 8% ias
- your gloves/ring are below 8% ias per slot

You are at 47% ias... you are between WW breakpoints, so your DPS is not as high as you think it is. Your sheet says 182K, but really you do the same damage as a 177K barb with 1.43 APS with wrath down, and 175K barb with 1.42 APS with wrath up. You also cannot get to the next tick with only one piece of gear. You would need to add 9% and replace one piece to get to 57% - or go overboard with 2 new slots of IAS.

WW breakpoints for 1.00 skorn are 43% and 57%... WW breakpoints for 1.10 skorn are 41%/57% and 39%/56% for 1.11 skorn. I always consider the unbuff BP because WotB is not as certain with Skorn.

43 = 9x3 + 2x8
57 = 6x8 + 9
56 = 7x8

Every 2 pieces of 8 can be swapped for one 7% and one 9%, 3 pieces of 8% could be 9%, 9%, 6%... you get the idea. What BP you want to hit and with what Skorn is going to shape what you do next.

Your resists are very low for high MP, especially if you try to move to non-ias skorn. Typically you see resist all on at least two of -- pants, bracers, belt, helmet. Two piece IK is assumed and does not count. You are missing resists on all !!four!! slots. Some SnB barb can make do with this because they have resist all shield.

If you want to farm high MP --

#1 - Fix your resists problem.

#2 - Fix your IAS pieces.

#3 - Add damage

A 1.11 Skorn with similar avg damage and CHD + IK belt will have you gain DPS, fury and mitigation, but lose 3% lifesteal. You would probably need to get resist all on your helm or lacuni at the same time to make it viable. You can replace the CHD on your WH with CHD on the Skorn.

There is no single 100m purchase that will boost everything at once. You are looking at replacing multiple items costing a total of 200m or more to overhaul and improve, or hundreds of million per piece to get better versions of the items you have now.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 03:33 AMPosted by Orwell
as stated above, pump up your ehp to 7-800k and use hota smash and rend bloodlust build and you will be doing solo mp10 keys and ubers without too much trouble. for xp farming, mp 2-4 is still going to be better at least for efficiency.

I actually want to do neither. I want to do long runs, which give me items and XP.

Hey CyCo -- here's another detailed response you won't like :-(
If you want to farm high MP --
#3 - Add damage

Thanks for the great post Jim. This is actually super helpful. I dont mind the criticism, as I have painted myself into a corner.

Lets assume I can get more IAS. . Im at 47. I need another 10. I can get 1 and 1 from pants and bracers. I can get another 8 from a normal mempo. I hit my next breakpoint. However, this doesnt give me any AR etc plus I lose my IK bonus. For that, I have to get a belt which will drop me by 16k sheet DPS, but then I gain AR plus more LS (which could start putting me down the path of a non LS skorn).

I can simply wear the bracers and pants on my wiz. That is what I used before i got innas etc. Gives me awesome EHP. That is what I use for MP10 ubers with rend / hota. However, that makes it terribly slow for farming if I run that build. Thoughts? Maybe run rend - ravage ?

#3 - Add damage
Like u mentioned, the only way I can do this is with a non LS skorn. The problem is that I will get 3% from IK belt, but for other 3% i will be stuck with bloodthrist. How do you survive only with 3% LS in ur build, since i c ur using brawler ?
Edited by CyCo#1801 on 2/9/2013 10:08 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]